• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Really Jerry???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a while, but today's can't you just keep your mouth shut for once quote is:

But sitting where they are today, Jerry Jones says the Cowboys running game is already better than it was a year ago when Murray rushed for a franchise record 1,845 yards.
“We’re better,” the Cowboys owner and general manager repeated Wednesday at the team’s annual golf outing. “Murray certainly is in that thought, but what we’ve got a chance to do with our depth, what we’ve got a chance to do with the talent, the competition that we have, and I’m assuming that we can protect [Tony] Romo, which standing here last year, the concerns about his surgeries were more so than today.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a while, but today's can't you just keep your mouth shut for once quote is:

But sitting where they are today, Jerry Jones says the Cowboys running game is already better than it was a year ago when Murray rushed for a franchise record 1,845 yards.
“We’re better,” the Cowboys owner and general manager repeated Wednesday at the team’s annual golf outing. “Murray certainly is in that thought, but what we’ve got a chance to do with our depth, what we’ve got a chance to do with the talent, the competition that we have, and I’m assuming that we can protect [Tony] Romo, which standing here last year, the concerns about his surgeries were more so than today.
The Cowboys have a more talented overall team today, but anyone, including Jerry, that thinks the running game is better off without Murray is delusiona. We're all HOPING the committee will give them a quality running game, but that's all it is.
You can argue that this is the best OL McFadden has ran behind in his career, but on the flip, he hasn't ran for more than 3.9 per carry in a few years and he's not getting any younger. Randle is talented, but he's dumb as a bag of hammers and could be suspended for stealing $20 worth of underwear at any time. Williams can't stay healthy. All are talented, but who knows.
Everyone points to the OL, but I seem to remember the greatest OL in club history starting 0-2 when Emmitt held out.....then winning the Super Bowl when he came back
The Cowboys may be making solid decisions, but if the running game flops, the Jerry quote will bite him on the rear when he's asked about Murray and not spending a 4th rounder on a kid like Ajayi. I agree with OP, what's the point, Jerry?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as of right now we're replacing a battleship with a bunch of rowboats. Sure there are more of them, that doesn't make them better.

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it better last year when he played it a tad bit humble ... c'est la vie

oh ... the hammers are upset ... just sayn'

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like to see what Ryan Williams could really do behind this OL, and it appears that he will be given the chance to show just that in camp, hopefully he has improved his pass blocking skills, which I think kept him off the active roster last season. Randle is a criminal thug, and is just too unreliable to be depended upon well into the future, and should be cut or traded if this team is serious about having the "right kind of players"...he blew his second chance opportunity with this team once he pulled a gun on his child's mother, terrorized her, and got caught with weed. Time to practice what you preach Garrett, and not just keep blowing smoke up all our asses about looking for "high character" players to bring in, when it's really just all about their talent levels or how they can help your team win now. Is Joe Randle really someone that this team wants as the face of their running game with other character concerns already on team now moving forward, or another high risk for the media to exploit? DMac will NEVER be considered a bell cow for this team, as he is just much too injury prone to even be taken seriously in that type of role. He was more like Randle insurance when signed, (again, in case Randle was suspended by league, which can still happen), and signed for less than their practice player Williams I believe. I think they will wait and see what happens in camp, and bring in another RB if no one on their current roster takes control of that spot in camp.

Murray really was not that great of a runner for them, which is probably why they let him go, he lacked explosive speed and could never run away from defenders, and what makes him more than average is his ability to find running lanes, pass blocking, and patience. The sheer high number of carries and opportunities, and the way in which they used him as almost their exclusive RB during games, helped lead to to such high yardage numbers and totals for the season for him. I think some of that can replaced with a mixture of an explosive RB with speed, and a strong grinder/pounder that can pick up those tough yards and burn clock, limiting defensive exposure again. Don't necessarily have to have a bell cow RB like Murray to be better in their running game this season, just a couple of complete RBs that can play up to their roles in this apparently new committee system.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying jerry has lost it, but it's slipping greatly right in front of our eyes. It never will be an Al Davis situation for so many reasons, but the sound bites might become legendary.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like to see what Ryan Williams could really do behind this OL, and it appears that he will be given the chance to show just that in camp, hopefully he has improved his pass blocking skills, which I think kept him off the active roster last season. Randle is a criminal thug, and is just too unreliable to be depended upon well into the future, and should be cut or traded if this team is serious about having the "right kind of players"...he blew his second chance opportunity with this team once he pulled a gun on his child's mother, terrorized her, and got caught with weed. Time to practice what you preach Garrett, and not just keep blowing smoke up all our asses about looking for "high character" players to bring in, when it's really just all about their talent levels or how they can help your team win now. Is Joe Randle really someone that this team wants as the face of their running game with other character concerns already on team now moving forward, or another high risk for the media to exploit? DMac will NEVER be considered a bell cow for this team, as he is just much too injury prone to even be taken seriously in that type of role. He was more like Randle insurance when signed, (again, in case Randle was suspended by league, which can still happen), and signed for less than their practice player Williams I believe. I think they will wait and see what happens in camp, and bring in another RB if no one on their current roster takes control of that spot in camp.

Murray really was not that great of a runner for them, which is probably why they let him go, he lacked explosive speed and could never run away from defenders, and what makes him more than average is his ability to find running lanes, pass blocking, and patience. The sheer high number of carries and opportunities, and the way in which they used him as almost their exclusive RB during games, helped lead to to such high yardage numbers and totals for the season for him. I think some of that can replaced with a mixture of an explosive RB with speed, and a strong grinder/pounder that can pick up those tough yards and burn clock, limiting defensive exposure again. Don't necessarily have to have a bell cow RB like Murray to be better in their running game this season, just a couple of complete RBs that can play up to their roles in this apparently new committee system.
I read the first sentence of the 2nd paragraph and spit out my water LOL

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's getting more and more difficult trying to make sense of Jerry's cryptic and confusing comments as he ages, but he still controls this team and what it does, and should be seriously considered as THE top exec in the league if you were to go off this team's track record recently. Getting essentially 3 first round draft picks this year while being regarded by his team and others as the ultimate closer, the hits on last year's draft, and the hiring of Garrett and Marinelli to take this team one game short of playing for a shot in the SB last season, with an expected "worst in the league" defense, and the direction they are now headed in, just doesn't justify any calls for his head for the recent decisions he's made. On the contrary, we should all be glad that we still have him around to use his charm in getting players in here that may have other interests elsewhere. Jerry's sincerity simply cannot be overlooked or blown off here, and young players today are drawn to that quality in a profession that simply treats players like a piece of meat. He is our figure-head Queen that should be given some credit for finally seeing the light, and letting others assist him with his team's football decisions now like he did with Jimmy years ago. I really think that having Garrett's leadership (I saw this in him years ago) and not just another puppet coach, along with Stephen's aggressiveness now in influencing his father's football decisions as the eventual owner/GM successor, has spearheaded them to a brighter future now, and not just the same old year after year ineptness displayed when Jerry truly believed that he knew it all when it came to football decision making. Instead of just an aging Jerry making all the football related team decisions, he has acknowledged the need to let others he trust influence those decisions, and he should be given credit for that, and not just repeatedly "characterized" and "trivialized" or mocked here. He simply does matter to this team, and has should be given some credit for that.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the first sentence of the 2nd paragraph and spit out my water LOL

Why? Because you're a Murray D-rider? It obvious they did not believe that he was an exceptional runner for them or they would have re-signed him. Look at the sheer number of carries and how they used him, instead of just total yards. Murray was never a threat to run away from anybody, it was more a combo of the OL greatness, as evident by 3 pro bowlers, and the way in which they used him.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Jerry we are talking about right?
On the Jerry scale of comments, this is a 4 out of 10.

What was the actual question he was asked?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Because you're a Murray D-rider? It obvious they did not believe that he was an exceptional runner for them or they would have re-signed him. Look at the sheer number of carries and how they used him, instead of just total yards. Murray was never a threat to run away from anybody, it was more a combo of the OL greatness, as evident by 3 pro bowlers, and the way in which they used him.
You're insane:wash:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah will never keep his hole closed. Randle is trash. I say give williams chance. He was easily the best runner out of those two last preseason. I am counting on mcfadden being on ir before the season starts. Should have drafted ajayi in round 4.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say as of now we don't look to be as good as last year; BUT going into last year who would've said that Murray would be the best RB in the league last year? Not I for sure. I for one would like to upgrade the RB position, but will not say Jerry is crazy for feeling the way he does, because for all we know DMac or Randle could run for 1,500 yards and look better than Murray. Only way we will know is if we lead the NFL in Rushing or in Total O with a balanced attack. Only time will tell.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this is Jerry's way of telling Greg we are not trading for AP, therefore I support Jerry on this.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's getting more and more difficult trying to make sense of Jerry's cryptic and confusing comments as he ages, but he still controls this team and what it does, and should be seriously considered as THE top exec in the league if you were to go off this team's track record recently. Getting essentially 3 first round draft picks this year while being regarded by his team and others as the ultimate closer, the hits on last year's draft, and the hiring of Garrett and Marinelli to take this team one game short of playing for a shot in the SB last season, with an expected "worst in the league" defense, and the direction they are now headed in, just doesn't justify any calls for his head for the recent decisions he's made. On the contrary, we should all be glad that we still have him around to use his charm in getting players in here that may have other interests elsewhere. Jerry's sincerity simply cannot be overlooked or blown off here, and young players today are drawn to that quality in a profession that simply treats players like a piece of meat. He is our figure-head Queen that should be given some credit for finally seeing the light, and letting others assist him with his team's football decisions now like he did with Jimmy years ago. I really think that having Garrett's leadership (I saw this in him years ago) and not just another puppet coach, along with Stephen's aggressiveness now in influencing his father's football decisions as the eventual owner/GM successor, has spearheaded them to a brighter future now, and not just the same old year after year ineptness displayed when Jerry truly believed that he knew it all when it came to football decision making. Instead of just an aging Jerry making all the football related team decisions, he has acknowledged the need to let others he trust influence those decisions, and he should be given credit for that, and not just repeatedly "characterized" and "trivialized" or mocked here. He simply does matter to this team, and has should be given some credit for that.

One word for you. Paragraphs.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I wouldn't say that our running game is in a better spot this year than last year, I really don't think it is really in a bad spot at all. I'm very hopeful that DMac is going to show us a lot more than what he was in Oakland.

I know he was injured often and that his ypc haven't been great, but I do expect that he will be more than sufficient. It's not just because of the better line and the better passing game. I think there is something mental/psychological about playing for a organization that wants to win versus playing for a team that doesn't seem to have any clue about how to pick players or even coaches. That was Dallas for many years, but now with the way things are, Dallas is a much brighter spot to be and I think we will see DMac respond to that.

It's my hope, anyhow. Time will tell, as it always does.