• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Really excited to see what Cutler will do in this offense

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that it's really coming together, I am beyond excited to see what Cutler can do in this offense.

Yes, he'll see two tough defenses right off the bat (assuming he's good to go for Sunday), and he'll be in cold weather for the final three games. However, this really has a chance to be something special over the next few years.

This season has been such a roller coaster ride. McCown went above and beyond. He was spectacular.

However, with Cutler's ability. This offense has a chance to light up teams that actually have NFL secondaries.

I can't wait. We also could very well get Briggs back this week.

It's hard to believe this team has a chance to be alone in first place with a win on Sunday, heading into the Lions MNF matchup.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been very impressed with McCown! It helps to have two huge, athletic receivers, but he has a very good command of the offense. Props to him!

Seriously though, is there a better WR tandem in the league today than Marshall and Jeffrey? I can't think of one....congrats!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been very impressed with McCown! It helps to have two huge, athletic receivers, but he has a very good command of the offense. Props to him!

Seriously though, is there a better WR tandem in the league today than Marshall and Jeffrey? I can't think of one....congrats!

Trust me, everyone has been impressed with Josh. He's been unreal.

And yeah, It's really hard to name a better tandem. The only one you could make an argument for is Demaryius Thomas and Decker/Welker. IMO

I'd take Marshall/Jeffery. Obviously, I'm bias, but I'd take Marshall over Thomas and Jeffery is just the better fit for this offense. As opposed to Welker/Decker. Marshall and Jeffery are definitely the two most athletic WR duo.

Roddy White and Julio (if healthy) could be in the discussion as well.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda like when Manning Had Harrison and Wayne.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best duo in the league. On paper, and on Sunday.

The future of this young Offense, is very bright.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could end up on the cover of SI.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffrey is a monster. I'd love him on my team. Good pick.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sayin , Jays been in this O from day 1. Why is it seemingly just now starting to come into it's own? Maybe the QB running it now has a better grasp of the system?
Really want to read your thoughts on why Jay will improve this O, since their coming around.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sayin , Jays been in this O from day 1. Why is it seemingly just now starting to come into it's own? Maybe the QB running it now has a better grasp of the system?
Really want to read your thoughts on why Jay will improve this O, since their coming around.

The offense wasn't exactly lighting it up in the 3 games McCown started before tonight. 20, 21 and 23 points. Not impressive. Then 1 great game tonight against one of the worst defenses in the NFL, and suddenly McCown runs the offense better than Cutler. FUNNY. Newsflash, there were games earlier in the season when the offense scored 30 and 40 points under Cutler. Funny how quickly people forget how well Cutler and the offense were doing. You know Cutler was 3rd in the NFL in total QBR going into the Washington game when he got injured, and everyone was talking about how he had been the best 4th quarter QB in the NFL. How quickly a few good games by a backup QB make people forget.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize that an NFL offensive system, especially one like Trestman's takes into its 2nd and/or 3rd year for it to really start to click like it's supposed too. Right? Jay played less than two months in it.

The offense looked it's most promising under Cutler. Even if McCown has played two good games versus two of the worst defenses in football.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense wasn't exactly lighting it up in the 3 games McCown started before tonight. 20, 21 and 23 points. Not impressive. Then 1 great game tonight against one of the worst defenses in the NFL, and suddenly McCown runs the offense better than Cutler. FUNNY. Newsflash, there were games earlier in the season when the offense scored 30 and 40 points under Cutler. Funny how quickly people forget how well Cutler and the offense were doing. You know Cutler was 3rd in the NFL in total QBR going into the Washington game when he got injured, and everyone was talking about how he had been the best 4th quarter QB in the NFL. How quickly a few good games by a backup QB make people forget.

Preach!

This is nothing new. This is how fans always think McCown is the hip "flavor of the month", and a bunch of dumb fans are hopping on the wagon.

He faced 4 of the 5 worst defenses in the NFL in the games he played. (WSH, GB, MIN, DAL). Then he faced Baltimore, and narrowly pulled out a 23-20 victory in OT. And lost to STL 42-21.

The guy has been awesome as a backup, but overall. If you honestly project that he would keep up this kind of production versus top defenses, you're crapping yourself. Cutler is still young enough to be your future. If you bench him for McCown, you're throwing all of that away. Starting over at square one with a guy who will be a 35 year old journeyman come next season.

It's really not even close who's been better.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a Jay hater. As a matter of fact love the guy ( in a football sense ).
Just think Josh has a better feel for the O. RIGHT NOW.
Jay couldn't do shit vs Washington, But Josh almost pulls the game out.
Those 30-40 point games you talk about. How many D scores were involved?
A back-up putting 45 on the board is pretty impressive, I don't care who it's against.
Just sayin, I watch plenty of football. Jay 13tds 8 ints. Josh 12-15 tds ( loss count ) 1 int.
I also remember a big armed QB who didn't accomplish shit Jeff George ring a bell?
Not saying their 1 in the same . But shit happens.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that an NFL offensive system, especially one like Trestman's takes into its 2nd and/or 3rd year for it to really start to click like it's supposed too. Right? Jay played less than two months in it.

The offense looked it's most promising under Cutler. Even if McCown has played two good games versus two of the worst defenses in football.

So, is Josh ( in his 5th start) just lucky everybody is getting on the same page? It's still year 1.
I'm not arguing who I think is the better QB. Jay in my mind is. Period.

Just sayin I think Josh knows how to operate this O better than Jay Right Now.
Stats don't lie . You could look @ TDs Vs INTs. 3 & outs. # of long drives. Hell Podlesh didn't even see the field today. Throw in QB rating. I doubt Jay has the edge anywhere.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, is Josh ( in his 5th start) just lucky everybody is getting on the same page? It's still year 1.
I'm not arguing who I think is the better QB. Jay in my mind is. Period.

Just sayin I think Josh knows how to operate this O better than Jay Right Now.
Stats don't lie . You could look @ TDs Vs INTs. 3 & outs. # of long drives. Hell Podlesh didn't even see the field today. Throw in QB rating. I doubt Jay has the edge anywhere.

Stats don't lie? WTF? Maybe for someone who doesn't understand the concept of critical thinking.

Jay played defenses like CIN, PIT, DET twice, and NO. McCown has played LITERALLY 4 of the worst defenses in the NFL in 6 of the games he's played the majority of. Then he played a mediocre Baltimore team, and a subpar Rams team. Prior to tonight, he had put up 27, 23, 21, and 20 in his four starts against lenient competition. Now, he has a good game against what is now LITERALLY being called the "worst defense of all-time"... and you're willing to forget about what Cutler has done? Do you honestly think Cutler couldn't have done the same thing to that Cowboys defense? I honestly think I could have had a decent day at QB for the Bears in that game.

Jay was ranked 3rd overall in Total QBR in the entire NFL before his injury, and was the #1 rated QB by far in the 4th quarter. WHAT THE HELL ARE PEOPLE WATCHING? The guy is light years ahead of McCown in this offense. McCown even said it himself in the post game. ANYONE could have thrown for four TD's against that Dallas defense tonight with the way Alshon, Brandon, Matt, etc... were playing.

Jay was beginning from the ground up in this offense, and was playing extremely well. Playing the best football of his career, IMO. McCown stepped in and pretty much managed games. Avoided mistakes, and led some key drives. However, he did NOTHING that was unheard of. He played very well, but his stats are very inflated.

Jay is the better QB... but McCown is operating better in this offense? I don't even know how to respond to that. It's such a vague statement that anyone could make.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Jay hater. As a matter of fact love the guy ( in a football sense ).
Just think Josh has a better feel for the O. RIGHT NOW.
Jay couldn't do shit vs Washington, But Josh almost pulls the game out.
Those 30-40 point games you talk about. How many D scores were involved?
A back-up putting 45 on the board is pretty impressive, I don't care who it's against.
Just sayin, I watch plenty of football. Jay 13tds 8 ints. Josh 12-15 tds ( loss count ) 1 int.
I also remember a big armed QB who didn't accomplish shit Jeff George ring a bell?
Not saying their 1 in the same . But shit happens.

The 13-8 for Jay is a deceiving stat. Did you not see Jeffery drop 2 TD passes for Jay in the Detroit game? How about the INT that went right off Jeffery's hands in the Washington game? Yet Jeffery made all those spectacular TD catches for McCown. And all the dropped INTs for McCown the last 2 games. Not hard to see Cutler had a couple unlucky games while McCown had freak luck. Not that McCown isn't playing very well. He is. But his TD/INT ratio shouldn't be this good.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already saw what Cutler can do with this Offense: 8 G / 13 TD's / 8 INT's / 88.4 QB Rating... not Josh McCown numbers, and certainly not "franchise QB" production either.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already saw what Cutler can do with this Offense: 8 G / 13 TD's / 8 INT's / 88.4 QB Rating... not Josh McCown numbers, and certainly not "franchise QB" production either.

Cutler was 3rd in the NFL in total QBR going into the Washington game where he got hurt very early in the game. He was playing like a top 5 QB in the NFL before getting injured. How quickly people forget.