• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic predictions for the upcoming season

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put the thread like that because there will be posters out of there mind predicting undeafeted season, the defense posting shutouts, the offense putting up unbelievable numbers.

Even though there has been major movement in the offseason, and new players coming in, believe the key will be in the first 6 games. It will take some time for the offense to come together, with the new pieces and hopefully Brady finds a good rapport with the receivers. Running game should be better than last year, with another year under Ridley and Vereens belt. The Defense hopefully improved in the secondary and getting pressure on the Qb.

Game by game the offense will improve and if the Pats are 3-3 or 4-2 after the first 6. Can see a 11-5 year ahead, the worst probably 10-6. Still will win the East.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the Pats going 11-5 and winning the division again

PatsFaninNC

Rhode Island Native
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's get a little more into it, and go game-by game:

at Buffalo Bills (W) This one could go either way, with the Pats trying to find their new identity
New York Jets (W) Pats always up for NY
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (W) Bucs are improving, could be close)
at Atlanta Falcons (L) Falcons are legit, and at home
at Cincinnati Bengals (L) Bengals' D has improved greatly
New Orleans Saints (W) Should be able to score a few points against that D
at New York Jets (W) Pats win an ugly one
Miami Dolphins (W) Not convinced about Miami just yet
Pittsburgh Steelers (W) Always a fun matchup
BYE WEEK
at Carolina Panthers (W) I'll be at this one in Charlotte! MNF, baby!
Denver Broncos (W) This one might be a shootout
at Houston Texans (L) At some point, Houston's gotta win against the Pats
Cleveland Browns (W) Still the Browns
at Miami Dolphins (L) All the SportsHoopla finally pays off for the 'Phins
at Baltimore Ravens (L) Despite all their changes, I don't like the matchup IN Baltimore
Buffalo Bills (W) Close out the season in style

So, I've got 'em at 11-5 at best, with the distinct possibility of 10-6 if they have one of their typical brainfart games, and lose to a lesser opponent. A 9-7 season likely puts them OUT of the playoffs, so they'll need to avoid said brainfart game, should things go as predicted.

Let's face it: the offense could struggle for the first few weeks. The D is really gonna have to step up to keep them in the game at times, and that might be a concern in itself.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see them going anywhere from 10-6 to 14-2. I'm not going to get much more specific than that because there are a lot of unknowns. If the Patriots offense gels quickly it could be closer to 14-2. At any rate, by the end of the season I expect the offense to be clicking on all cylinders with all the new pieces acclimated to the offense. Hopefully the defense can make some more improvements and they can be in for another push for a Super Bowl. The only team in the AFC that really scares me is the Broncos. They were the best team in the AFC last year and I only see them getting better.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I just don't think this team is as bad off as some people want to believe. The defense is improved, the TEs will be solid we have quality players at that position. The WRs will meld and Brady is not Rivers or Vick this is not his first season with no name WRs. We play in a weaker AFCE division and the AFC as a whole my prediction

13-3

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised to see less than 12 wins.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I just don't think this team is as bad off as some people want to believe. The defense is improved, the TEs will be solid we have quality players at that position. The WRs will meld and Brady is not Rivers or Vick this is not his first season with no name WRs. We play in a weaker AFCE division and the AFC as a whole my prediction

13-3

Correction, you HOPE the defense is improved. They may take a step back for all we know.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guarded about this year but rootin' as if the SB is a lock.

...and I used to like the Texans but J.J. Twat has joined my extreme dislike list~

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Briz for ya. I knew you would be the one to post that lol

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

at Buffalo Bills (W) This one could go either way, with the Pats trying to find their new identity
BYE WEEK
at Baltimore Ravens (L) Despite all their changes, I don't like the matchup IN Baltimore

So, I've got 'em at 11-5 at best, with the distinct possibility of 10-6 if they have one of their typical brainfart games, and lose to a lesser opponent. A 9-7 season likely puts them OUT of the playoffs, so they'll need to avoid said brainfart game, should things go as predicted.

Let's face it: the offense could struggle for the first few weeks. The D is really gonna have to step up to keep them in the game at times, and that might be a concern in itself.

This was pretty close to what I was imagining, except I see a win at Baltimore bouncing back from the Miami loss, or vice-versa, a loss in Baltimore while sweeping the division. Cinci could go either way.
11-5 to 13-3 is wholly possible.
Run to set up the pass, and let the new receiving corps get up to speed. I still think this could be a dangerous offense heading into the playoffs.

Barring injuries.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BYE WEEK

this seems like what i was thinking as well though i have them going 12-4 id have the bengals as a win.. most of the time.. the pats dont lose back to back games..

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to make predictions. This is one training camp that resting Brady might not be a good idea. I plan on attending a few open practices. I want to see the rookie receivers. I am also excited about two UDFA Tight ends.

I think the D will be much improved and I think our secondary will be improved. After Wilson crushes a few receivers along with the requisite 15 yard penalties receivers will be careful over the middle. I like out cornerbacks and safeties and I love the speed we have up front.

Going to be a fun season but too early to make bold predictions like my buddy briz_almighty. :lol:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying we start out 3-0, lose to denver, beat baltimore and cinci. I think we win one we should't, lose one we shouldn't. Probably a division rival.Of course we win the Superbowl.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
elite defense, #1 running game. was only a matter of time before it showed. without the injuries we would be unstopabble.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz YOU are unstoppable!