• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

re-ranking the 2011 recruiting class

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska

Original 2011 Recruiting Class Ranking: 15

Analysis

"Nebraska Off: This class included running back Ameer Abdullah, so it gets major points just for him. But beyond Abdullah, linebacker David Santos and linebacker Jamal Turner, the Cornhuskers haven't received huge contributions from this class. The star of this group was quarterback Bubba Starling, who was always a longshot to report to campus. Starling was selected with the No. 5 overall pick in the 2011 MLB draft."

Jamal Turner is not a LB. He was recruited as a QB and turned WR. :L

He's #10 running the ball in this gif

kenny-bell1-12-1-12.gif

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska

Original 2011 Recruiting Class Ranking: 15

Analysis

"Nebraska Off: This class included running back Ameer Abdullah, so it gets major points just for him. But beyond Abdullah, linebacker David Santos and linebacker Jamal Turner, the Cornhuskers haven't received huge contributions from this class. The star of this group was quarterback Bubba Starling, who was always a longshot to report to campus. Starling was selected with the No. 5 overall pick in the 2011 MLB draft."

Jamal Turner is not a LB. He was recruited as a QB and turned WR. :L

Maybe we should have made him a LB? :scratch:

As a WR and sometimes punt returner, he hasn't put forth the numbers even close to what most expected. The reality is that he isn't as athletically gifted as most thought. He doesn't possess legit 4.4 speed, struggles in route running, and is not all that great in the open field in making people miss. And he makes bone-headed plays in each and every game due to not being focused and doing his job.

JT needs to take on a Quincy Enunwa attitude of being more physical and taking what he gets while putting forth more effort. He simply isn't as elite an athlete on a college football field as many expected. Simply wasn't fast enough to not hit the weight room with a vigor.

Sadly, in his Senior year he could get unseated as a starter.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should have made him a LB? :scratch:

As a WR and sometimes punt returner, he hasn't put forth the numbers even close to what most expected. The reality is that he isn't as athletically gifted as most thought. He doesn't possess legit 4.4 speed, struggles in route running, and is not all that great in the open field in making people miss. And he makes bone-headed plays in each and every game due to not being focused and doing his job.

JT needs to take on a Quincy Enunwa attitude of being more physical and taking what he gets while putting forth more effort. He simply isn't as elite an athlete on a college football field as many expected. Simply wasn't fast enough to not hit the weight room with a vigor.

Sadly, in his Senior year he could get unseated as a starter.

Not my point and don't give a shit about all that stuff. The problem exists with SI not knowing what the fuck they're talking about which is why I ended my subscription with them some 15 years ago.

In one of their rags they called Rosenblatt a "shoebox"

"But, considering Rosenblatt's 332-408-332 outfield dimensions, it's also a waste of time. The answer is obvious: Play baseball in a shoebox with large metal sticks, and this is what you get."
Baseball scores looked like football scores as the skies - 06.15.98 - SI Vault

TD Ameritrade has the exact same outfield distances and homers are at an all-time low. Of course they toned the bats down. It was the bats and only the bats.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my point and don't give a shit about all that stuff. The problem exists with SI not knowing what the fuck they're talking about which is why I ended my subscription with them some 15 years ago.

In one of their rags they called Rosenblatt a "shoebox"

"But, considering Rosenblatt's 332-408-332 outfield dimensions, it's also a waste of time. The answer is obvious: Play baseball in a shoebox with large metal sticks, and this is what you get."
Baseball scores looked like football scores as the skies - 06.15.98 - SI Vault

TD Ameritrade has the exact same outfield distances and homers are at an all-time low. Of course they toned the bats down. It was the bats and only the bats.

This isn't that big of deal.

Get past the "hate" you think is being spewed towards Nebraska and look at that #15 ranked recruiting class in 2011.

Go through the names, and then give your own realistic evaluation, and I'm sure you will come to the same reality that the class has been rather mediocre at best.

He isn't trying to dog on Nebraska. Simply writing a lazy summer article about college football with some kind of intriguing interest about recruiting.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't that big of deal.

Get past the "hate" you think is being spewed towards Nebraska and look at that #15 ranked recruiting class in 2011.

Go through the names, and then give your own realistic evaluation, and I'm sure you will come to the same reality that the class has been rather mediocre at best.

He isn't trying to dog on Nebraska. Simply writing a lazy summer article about college football with some kind of intriguing interest about recruiting.

:L We're not even on the same page OC.

There is no "hate". My point is merely that SI writers are a bunch of dipshits like you and me.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This site was categorized in: Lingerie/Bikini, Radio

:noidea: stupid filters.