• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RB situation of NFC West.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In particular. SF versus Sea.
AZ. who knows.
STL. They seem set with Stacey.

I wanted to focus on the future situation.
Seattle has Michael and Turbin.
SF has Lattimore and Hunter (James too).

Once Gore and Lynch surrender the majority of the carries.
Who currently has the better situation?

SEA or SF? Don't factor in future choices. Just the RB's currently on
the roster.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you have to say Seattle "right now" just because Lattimore has to prove he is 100%. Both Michaels and Lattimore were highly touted RB that slipped in the draft because of different things.

Edge goes to the Hawks
It's still a wait and see game with Marcus and his injury. He has the Talent to be a good RB though.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my take

Sea- Lynch I think should have at least 1 maybe 2 good years left but then he will get close to the "RB wall." I have to think Michael is viewed as the replacement. I like Turbin but I feel like at this point the team may get more value trying to deal him for a pick.

SF-Gotta think this is Gore's last leg. I am actually pretty impressed with how well he did last year. Lattimore is fortunately able to get healthy while he waits his turn. I think they just view Hunter as 3rd down/Change of pace and James will probably be on his way out soon.

STL-agree Stacy is probably their man. Cunningham showed some explosiveness when he got carries. Dont see Darryl Richardson having much of a place there anymore.

AZ- I think Mendenhall is an FA and not coming back not sure. Leaves them Ellington and Stefan Taylor. Ellington makes places but not sure he is an every down back. Maybe they look to add a FA. Possible place for Chris Johnson if Tennessee cuts him?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my take

Sea- Lynch I think should have at least 1 maybe 2 good years left but then he will get close to the "RB wall." I have to think Michael is viewed as the replacement. I like Turbin but I feel like at this point the team may get more value trying to deal him for a pick.

SF-Gotta think this is Gore's last leg. I am actually pretty impressed with how well he did last year. Lattimore is fortunately able to get healthy while he waits his turn. I think they just view Hunter as 3rd down/Change of pace and James will probably be on his way out soon.

STL-agree Stacy is probably their man. Cunningham showed some explosiveness when he got carries. Dont see Darryl Richardson having much of a place there anymore.

AZ- I think Mendenhall is an FA and not coming back not sure. Leaves them Ellington and Stefan Taylor. Ellington makes places but not sure he is an every down back. Maybe they look to add a FA. Possible place for Chris Johnson if Tennessee cuts him?

that's a good assessment for all the NFC West teams but i thought the OP basically asked "between Sea and SF not counting Gore or Lynch who is set up better for the future" ?

I did not see that answer in your post.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until anybody sees Lattimore run I don't think you can make any kind of judgment on the situation. Nobody quite knows what to expect out of him. When healthy he is one of the few guys worth a 1st round pick in the draft at the RB position. Michael to me is a very good running back but I don't think he quite has that high of a ceiling. So again it all depends on 1) If Lattimore is healthy and 2) If he can stay healthy. If yes to those two then I think you have to give it to San Fran. If no then obviously Seattle has the big advantage.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a good assessment for all the NFC West teams but i thought the OP basically asked "between Sea and SF not counting Gore or Lynch who is set up better for the future" ?

I did not see that answer in your post.

I was more responding to the topic "RB situation of the NFC WEST." To answer the OP's question. Its hard to say what Lattimore or Michael will be like at the NFL level, a great a unknown if you will. I think SF will be forced to find out their situation quicker because Lynch has more left in the tank then Gore. I don't see if Turbin being a lead back for us and don't see Hunter/LMJ being one for them. Hard to say who has the advantage at this point.