• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RAZORBACKG's Fearless SEC Predictions for 2014

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have LSU beating Bama in Death Valley and Georgia losing a close one to South Carolina on the road.

as for the Champ game, I would predict Bama 27 Georgia 24.

this guy is AWESOME!!!!

tumblr_le9jma7TE01qa31jy.gif

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the East is trying to figure out what the heck UF, Mizzou and UT will be. If UF avoids injuries, they could be a lot better than people think and pull an upset here and there. UGa has Missouri at home, but who knows whether last year was a fluke. UT always plays UGa tough, but we have them in Athens. They've lost a lot of players.
Why would UT be good? They lost...a lot. So did Mizzou but they still have some signs of trenches on both sides.

Imo, Georgia and South Carolina are the two clear favorites with Florida and Mizzou playing for third.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would UT be good? They lost...a lot. So did Mizzou but they still have some signs of trenches on both sides.

Imo, Georgia and South Carolina are the two clear favorites with Florida and Mizzou playing for third.
It doesn't matter if UT is good or not, they always play UGa tough. It's just the way that it is. Mizzou's backup QB played a lot last year, and played well. And, we have them away. Because we are breaking in a new QB, and young D, I'm concerned. Plus, I am Dooley/Munson Dawg, so we are always worried about everything and figuring we will lose a few we shouldn't. Goes with the territory.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou's backup QB played a lot last year, and played well. And, we have them away.
Well, yeah. I think the real question is to how Mizzou tools their offense around Mauk. Mizzou probably had a top 5 WR corp late year and they won't this year. Mauk says he wants to play like Manziel and Pinkel does kind of have a similar gameplan in place from when he had Brad Smith but I think Mizzou will obviously run the football with the RBs more.

I think ideally Pinkel would want to run something closer to what they did with Chase Daniel but Daniel had 2 good TEs, Maclin, and usually Danario Alexander. Instead I think you are going to see a 'one read then run like a chicken' offense with lots of pounding the football and play action passes. So what the Niners do.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Auburn's offense left a mark last year

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like South Carolina vs Alabama in the SEC Championship Game. Carolina winning.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also believed SC to be the East champ and contend for a playoff / big 6 spot.

The more I comb over the conference the more I think they may struggle this season.

Not catastrophic struggles. But possibly a single digit win team.

Would you believe the South Carolina defense was better before Clowney got there?

I can't remember the source, but that is what I heard/read the other day.

The only thing I can really say against USC is that I believe the relaxed frat boy style of spurrier makes them prone to lose games they shouldn't. Tennessee last year, etc.

DawgsOnTop

Heisman Contender
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the East is trying to figure out what the heck UF, Mizzou and UT will be. If UF avoids injuries, they could be a lot better than people think and pull an upset here and there. UGa has Missouri at home, but who knows whether last year was a fluke. UT always plays UGa tough, but we have them in Athens. They've lost a lot of players.

As usual, the winner in week 2 between UGa and USCe will have the edge as they can lose on game and still win (assuming no undefeateds or 1 loss east teams).

Don't forget, both teams play Auburn this year as well. We don't know what they will look like either. :L