• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ray McDonald in trouble again with the law

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15s15 seconds ago From SJPD: Received call from local hospital re: alleged sexual assault victim who was receiving treatment at 10:43 a.m. Tuesday … now9 seconds ago
… Alleged victim told officers she was possibly sexually assaulted Mon. Initial investigation revealed #49ers Ray McDonald alleged suspect.

Police serve search warrant at 49ers Ray McDonald's home | abc7news.com
Certainly not making light of r*pe and sexual assault, but how the fuck are you "possibly sexually assaulted"????

Last edited by a moderator:

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand these talented fortunate millionaires who will blow it all for a short burst of stupidity.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
my initial thought is due process should still have been applied. They could've voluntarily kept him out of the games, but why cut him NOW?

Baalke's reason is because 'bad decisions" happened once too many times, but does the amount really factor in? What if it isn't true?

For EXAMPLE...............what if Gore was falsely accused of shoplifting 2 times, if you are going to apply "due process" the first time, shouldn't it be applied the second? didn't the first 'due process' set the precedence?

Not pounding the table on this, just my initial thought.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being out of the playoffs is probably a consideration, but I seriously doubt it's the main one. Ray McDonald had been one of the "good" guys on the team and we saw from Kap's situation this past off season that sometimes these claims etc are really BS. The first time something like this happens to a player you investigate and talk to the player and if everything seems on the up and up you should stand by them.

With McDonald though it's the second claim of violence against women and I don't doubt the team talked to McDonald. At the very least they would have found out if McDonald knew the woman and if he had sex with her. if he answered yes to both questions even if he claims she consented, then you cut him loose because at the least he cheated on his fiancee' and it's more drama after they told him to stay clean.

I honestly don't see how the front office should have acted any differently especially with the League looking so hard at these things now.

I doubt that any team cares about personal choices such as cheating on one's fiancée, at least not to the point where they would cut somebody. I think the Niners cut him because they're tired of McDonald being a PR nightmare. The cynic in me also thinks that the Niners wanted to save a little money, especially now that they're out of the playoff hunt.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that any team cares about personal choices such as cheating on one's fiancée, at least not to the point where they would cut somebody. I think the Niners cut him because they're tired of McDonald being a PR nightmare. The cynic in me also thinks that the Niners wanted to save a little money, especially now that they're out of the playoff hunt.

I don't think they care about personal choices either, was just using that as an example of more drama that I think the team is tired of.

I also think they're using McDonald as an example with all the other guys that have been making dumb decisions. Baalke and York also went on a bit of a PR limb to support McDonald and this is just another thing that makes them look bad and another reason on why they probably decided to cut him. With all the drama guys have brought to the team there really haven't been any consequences and it's time to clean things up.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to ask: Since McDonald was not brought up on charges on the domestic assault charges earlier because apparently no one, including the fiancee, would collaberate the story, could this be reopened and him charged with this assault if the fiancee is spiteful and decides to come forward against him now?

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to ask: Since McDonald was not brought up on charges on the domestic assault charges earlier because apparently no one, including the fiancee, would collaberate the story, could this be reopened and him charged with this assault if the fiancee is spiteful and decides to come forward against him now?

I don't know. Maybe. I hope she does if he indeed do something wrong.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDonald is fucking retarded...something happened that wasn't right...on KNBR today (can't remember what show I'm in and out of my car constantly for work) they said the police had been at his house 11 days in a row...that can't be good.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
my initial thought is due process should still have been applied. They could've voluntarily kept him out of the games, but why cut him NOW?

Baalke's reason is because 'bad decisions" happened once too many times, but does the amount really factor in? What if it isn't true?

For EXAMPLE...............what if Gore was falsely accused of shoplifting 2 times, if you are going to apply "due process" the first time, shouldn't it be applied the second? didn't the first 'due process' set the precedence?

Not pounding the table on this, just my initial thought.

I think you are exactly right. If our organization is going to follow due process, then we have to wait and see how the legal game plays out. What if part of the search warrant was for McDonald's DNA and the results of a DNA test exclude McDonald, then we didn't really follow due process, did we.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand these talented fortunate millionaires who will blow it all for a short burst of stupidity.
It has to do with their upbringing.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you want her to wait 30 years like Bill Cosby's accusers?

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to do with their upbringing.

Somewhat, but it's not that simple. If there's anyone on the team who should be beating people or hating life based on how they were raised it would be Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman. Their lives and upbringing if you ever heard their stories were truly depressing, but they are about as model citizen as can be. We also all know personally people who came from "good" families that turned out to be douche bags or criminals.

We all make our own choices and the people we associate with have a big influence on our lives. Professional athletes are in situations where they've always been told they're awesome, they have big money thrown at them, and people flock to them. Being told no becomes unusual and the entitlement feeling begins to play in. I'm not defending athletes in anyway, but I can understand their situations.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark days are ahead for us I fear. Our Front Office once again seems to have no clue as to what they are doing again. I fear they will let Harbaugh walk just to sign some 2 bit wannabe coach like Nolan or Singletary again on the cheap. They got their new fancy stadium now so no need to spend money on winning a 6th ring anymore.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, the front office is dealing with the McDonald fiasco correctly. The first time around, they probably had a sit down conversation with him and they were convinced he didn't do anything wrong. This time, he clearly showed poor judgement being in a sexual assault situation with a pregnant fiancee at home. Just stupid and uncool.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dark days are ahead for us I fear. Our Front Office once again seems to have no clue as to what they are doing again. I fear they will let Harbaugh walk just to sign some 2 bit wannabe coach like Nolan or Singletary again on the cheap. They got their new fancy stadium now so no need to spend money on winning a 6th ring anymore.

There is no doubt in my mind York and Baalke KNOW how good a coach Harbaugh is. The imminent break-up appears mutual, not the sole decision of the FO. If Harbaugh wants to leave himself, is that "no clue"?

If Harbaugh wants to leave, will forcing him to stay [ie not letting him "walk"] work out? An unhappy Harbaugh will work out to success next season?

nobody wants Harbaugh's coaching ability to leave, not even York and Baalke. But if his personality is in the way, it is for the better. We fans like to 'wish it come true', to just throw their differences aside, but that's the nature of strong personalities. As writers already noted, "strong personality" is what makes Harbaugh a good Coach, but its not condusive to bosses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt in my mind York and Baalke KNOW how good a coach Harbaugh is. The imminent break-up appears mutual, not the sole decision of the FO. If Harbaugh wants to leave himself, is that "no clue"?

If Harbaugh wants to leave, will forcing him to stay [ie not letting him "walk"] work out? An unhappy Harbaugh will work out to success next season?

nobody wants Harbaugh's coaching ability to leave, not even York and Baalke. But if his personality is in the way, it is for the better. We fans like to 'wish it come true', to just throw their differences aside, but that's the nature of strong personalities. As writers already noted, "strong personality" is what makes Harbaugh a good Coach, but its not condusive to bosses.

Uh huh and how did firing Jimmy Johnson workout for the Cowboys again? Better yet how to firing Steve Mariucci workout for us? and Steve sorry to say was likely not as good a coach as Harbaugh.

Point is when it comes to business if you can't flush out your personally feelings and do what is best for the business then you're likely setting yourself up for failure. The Front Office only needs to look to examples like above on how break ups with high profile coaches usually turn out for the team and realize they should be looking into how to keep a coach and smooth over any rough edges as opposed to looking for ways to get rid of him.

Once Harbaugh is gone who realistically out there can come in and have us in the Super Bowl next year?

I feel this all comes down money and our owners simple don't want to pay top dollar for a good coach. They got their stadium and will now start to cut cost on the team because their bottom line will be more important now than a winning product on the field. Hopefully that is not true but as of right now I'm expecting we finish dead last in the NFC West next year and likely don't reach 8 wins.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh huh and how did firing Jimmy Johnson workout for the Cowboys again? Better yet how to firing Steve Mariucci workout for us? and Steve sorry to say was likely not as good a coach as Harbaugh.

Point is when it comes to business if you can't flush out your personally feelings and do what is best for the business then you're likely setting yourself up for failure. The Front Office only needs to look to examples like above on how break ups with high profile coaches usually turn out for the team and realize they should be looking into how to keep a coach and smooth over any rough edges as opposed to looking for ways to get rid of him.

Once Harbaugh is gone who realistically out there can come in and have us in the Super Bowl next year?

I feel this all comes down money and our owners simple don't want to pay top dollar for a good coach. They got their stadium and will now start to cut cost on the team because their bottom line will be more important now than a winning product on the field. Hopefully that is not true but as of right now I'm expecting we finish dead last in the NFC West next year and likely don't reach 8 wins.
I don't see this happening. Jed York is more like Eddie when it comes to winning....something that was lacking in the dark days. He WANTS to win.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Harbs will get rid of Roman and most of the Offensive coaching staff (Rathman stays) then maybe things will work out. Also....get rid of that idiot Mangini.