• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rawls?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with dude, I thought Rawls looked pretty good today in his first real game action since Baltimore last year. As the season goes on I expect him to get more and more of the workload. He'll probably still split with Michael for the next couple weeks, but look for him to start getting more carries, particularly after the bye week 5.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember so many people saying Rawls was a defacto #1 and proved it while others said he had proved nothing yet ( me included ). We said he had to prove it over the corse of 16 games. Well now he has a CRACK in his shin and i think those that said he has not proved anything yet were right. Someone can look lights out but if they can not stay on the field then it doesn't matter. It's to bad though because he has all the skill just lacks durability. Not a good thing for a pounder style running back. Get Well soon Rawls.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember so many people saying Rawls was a defacto #1 and proved it while others said he had proved nothing yet ( me included ). We said he had to prove it over the corse of 16 games. Well now he has a CRACK in his shin and i think those that said he has not proved anything yet were right. Someone can look lights out but if they can not stay on the field then it doesn't matter. It's to bad though because he has all the skill just lacks durability. Not a good thing for a pounder style running back. Get Well soon Rawls.
Well, if someone thinks a player hasn't yet proven anything, then that's their call and not really something that can be proven right or wrong. It's more or less an opinion.

Time will tell if this a durability issue or just an exception or coincidence. I remember early in the careers of both Fred Taylor and Isaac Bruce, a couple injuries had lots of people criticizing their durability as well. Both had great and long careers, both pretty durable.

But if we're going there with Rawls, we may as well add Prosise to the pile. Had injury concerns at ND and now has already had multiple boo-boos that pretty much haven't even allowed his rookie year to get off the ground.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long is Rawls gone? I herd 6-8 weeks? I told you guys that this could be a problem at the RB position that Rawls will get hurt again there are hardly any 5'9'' backs that can carry on a full NFL season with no problems and even then their careers are normally cut short. I also think that CM is average watch in the next few games he will avg 3.5 YPC.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long is Rawls gone? I herd 6-8 weeks? I told you guys that this could be a problem at the RB position that Rawls will get hurt again there are hardly any 5'9'' backs that can carry on a full NFL season with no problems and even then their careers are normally cut short. I also think that CM is average watch in the next few games he will avg 3.5 YPC.
6 weeks seems to be a pretty common number in the reports I've seen. cracked bone in his lower leg, cannot remember if it's tibia or fibula.

I guess we'll see on Michael. He's averaging 5.2 ypc so far this season and 4.8 for his career, with obviously limited opportunity. I can definitely see that tapering off some moreso because RW is not going to represent much of a running threat for a few more weeks if at all this year, and simply because history suggests only all time greats can maintain 4.8 over a career. But stating he's average? He may be....but 3.5 ypc would be less than average.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 weeks seems to be a pretty common number in the reports I've seen. cracked bone in his lower leg, cannot remember if it's tibia or fibula.

I guess we'll see on Michael. He's averaging 5.2 ypc so far this season and 4.8 for his career, with obviously limited opportunity. I can definitely see that tapering off some moreso because RW is not going to represent much of a running threat for a few more weeks if at all this year, and simply because history suggests only all time greats can maintain 4.8 over a career. But stating he's average? He may be....but 3.5 ypc would be less than average.

I think that Rawls can only get it done on these draw plays where defenses get caught off guard. Still better than nothing but I just want him to get good gains on power runs attacking the defense. But like you said we will see how he does this is a great opportunity for him because I thought his career was over when he got cut by the cowboys and redskins he should be motivated to take advantage of this opportunity

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Rawls can only get it done on these draw plays where defenses get caught off guard.
(Assuming you meant Michael)

I think you're gonna need to bring some facts to the table on that one. I haven't counted, but it just doesn't seem like we run that many draw plays. And as a counter example to your claim, Michael's 41 yard TD was from an offset I formation and definitely not a draw play....on 1st down & 10.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember being one of the few that supported Micheal prior to his being cut the first time. To me, it was all about the intangibles (securing the ball, waiting for blocks to develop a bit better, knowing the plays better), because talent wise he was off the hook. That 41 yard TD was all about his burst. Not many backs have that.

I don't think he's ever going to ascend to all-pro level or anything, but as he's cleaned up the attitude, and become a better team-mate, he's certainly morphed into a solid reliable back, who CAN take it to the house if the holes are there.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Assuming you meant Michael)

I think you're gonna need to bring some facts to the table on that one. I haven't counted, but it just doesn't seem like we run that many draw plays. And as a counter example to your claim, Michael's 41 yard TD was from an offset I formation and definitely not a draw play....on 1st down & 10.

yes I ment michaels and from what I have seen in the Rams game most of his yards came from draw plays. I missed the 41 yard TD run in the 1st quarter but the rest of the game he avg 3.5 YPC

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CMike looks like he's being shot out of a cannon. And the way he gets low without losing speed once bodies start crowding him shows some great balance and agility to me. Granted, I've always been a fan. But I think the sky is the limit for him if he's really figured it out. He's more talented than Rawls. If he is really putting it together I think he could be one of the best in the game.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only minor issue I have with Michael is that he seems to trip over his own feet more often than you'd expect. Not sure what the deal is there, but if he can continue to average 5+ ypc I can handle a few slip ups.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes I ment michaels and from what I have seen in the Rams game most of his yards came from draw plays. I missed the 41 yard TD run in the 1st quarter but the rest of the game he avg 3.5 YPC
If you discount the best run from every game, you're going to submarine the average of pretty much every featured back in the league. The fact that Michael has that big play ability and can bust a big one at any moment is one of the reasons why he may be an effective player. You cant just take that away and make some argument built on a partial truth. This draw play thing you're trying to stand on seems a bit anecdotal.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only minor issue I have with Michael is that he seems to trip over his own feet more often than you'd expect. Not sure what the deal is there, but if he can continue to average 5+ ypc I can handle a few slip ups.

Careful, you might upset the snowflakes.

Michael is soft and doesnt have the hardnosed style of running we are used to. He has had good runs, but he is a change of pace back not a full load back.

Reactions: chf

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you discount the best run from every game, you're going to submarine the average of pretty much every featured back in the league. The fact that Michael has that big play ability and can bust a big one at any moment is one of the reasons why he may be an effective player. You cant just take that away and make some argument built on a partial truth. This draw play thing you're trying to stand on seems a bit anecdotal.

I guess we will just see moving forward with Rawls out I am just not the biggest fan of Michaels I really don't think that highly of him. I hope I am wrong and you are right that would be great for the hawks

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Rawls out for a while, looks like Seattle signed CJ Spiller.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like they think Prosise isn't ready, because Spiller is just a pass catcher RB.

Agreed, it seems to be that Spiller will fill the role that Prosise was supposed to fill for the departed Jackson..... I have to believe that Collins will continue to get the remaining carries that Rawls would have gotten.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does spiller have anything left? so much wasted talent right there.