• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rawls?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody have an inside as to if he is going to play much if at all. Gotta get my fantasy lineup in check.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on the street is that Rawls will get some touches but Michael will get the majority for week 1.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're gonna build him up since last week was his first action since last season and all he got was two carries. It would have been a lot harder to get away with doing it this way if Michael hadn't had the preseason that he had, but because Michael looked so good, they can afford to work Rawls in gradually.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet your buttons if Rawls lights it up he will get some carries.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet your buttons if Rawls lights it up he will get some carries.

I don't doubt that, but there's something to be said about not overworking him too. If he's lighting it up and he continues to feel good out there, great, but Michael's preseason performance gives them the flexibility to work Rawls in more gradually if they want to. He'll get his fair share of carries if he's looking good, but I still think Michael will get the bulk of the carries, with Prosise getting some touches as a 3rd down run/pass option out of the backfield.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt that, but there's something to be said about not overworking him too. If he's lighting it up and he continues to feel good out there, great, but Michael's preseason performance gives them the flexibility to work Rawls in more gradually if they want to. He'll get his fair share of carries if he's looking good, but I still think Michael will get the bulk of the carries, with Prosise getting some touches as a 3rd down run/pass option out of the backfield.
I agree with that, but if CM struggles and the need to run is there Rawls will get the rock if he is hot.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

I'm in a pickle. Start Rawls or Arian Foster against the Seattle defense. :noidea:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

I'm in a pickle. Start Rawls or Arian Foster against the Seattle defense. :noidea:

PPR I'd take Foster easily. I'd probably still take him in standard too. Ajayi is hurting a bit and Foster is just likely going to get more opportunities than Rawls. Would not surprise me to see Foster score on a screen or short pass in the red zone.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPR I'd take Foster easily. I'd probably still take him in standard too. Ajayi is hurting a bit and Foster is just likely going to get more opportunities than Rawls. Would not surprise me to see Foster score on a screen or short pass in the red zone.
Yea. I threw Foster in the lineup, kind of a double bonus. Now I don't have to root for a Seattle player. :yes:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

Foster. That Miami line is formidable when they show up. Seattle is strong as well but I think their strength is in the LB and DBs.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys out in the great Pac NW knows better then I do but my brain is fuzzy with this one. Rawls was given the green some weeks back and given the full clear 100% go and ready to start week 1, then it turned into having limited action week 1. Did he have a slight set back in practice or just don't want to rush him back too quickly?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys out in the great Pac NW knows better then I do but my brain is fuzzy with this one. Rawls was given the green some weeks back and given the full clear 100% go and ready to start week 1, then it turned into having limited action week 1. Did he have a slight set back in practice or just don't want to rush him back too quickly?

Think it comes down to 2 things.
A) Michaels has looked solid, thus the urgency to rush Rawls back isn't there
B) Rawls hasn't had the reps yet to be fully ready to go, kind of ties into the above about CM.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it comes down to 2 things.
A) Michaels has looked solid, thus the urgency to rush Rawls back isn't there
B) Rawls hasn't had the reps yet to be fully ready to go, kind of ties into the above about CM.

Good to hear there wasn't a set back. This could be a very nice one two punch but i'm still guessing it's Rawls job to lose since PC doesn't like the idea of having RB by committee.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear there wasn't a set back. This could be a very nice one two punch but i'm still guessing it's Rawls job to lose since PC doesn't like the idea of having RB by committee.

actually that's wrong, in the Herald a couple days ago there was an article about the RB situation and they interviewed PC. He talked about how he understood some players needed the load aka Beast but he really like the two back system. He also talked about how in USC he had two backs WHITE and BUSH share the load and the hot guy gets the ball. I think PC has no problem with two back system.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually that's wrong, in the Herald a couple days ago there was an article about the RB situation and they interviewed PC. He talked about how he understood some players needed the load aka Beast but he really like the two back system. He also talked about how in USC he had two backs WHITE and BUSH share the load and the hot guy gets the ball. I think PC has no problem with two back system.

We'll have to see what happens as the season goes on and both backs are fully healthy. He didn't run by committee last year, even when the backs were Brown, Michael and Harris.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to see what happens as the season goes on and both backs are fully healthy. He didn't run by committee last year, even when the backs were Brown, Michael and Harris.

ya that's true I'm just telling you what I read and remember last year Rowls was on fire before he got hurt, like the best back in the league with over 5 yards a carry so no reason for removing him. They were also hoping for lynch and to be honest I think they still didn't trust Michael. I think Michael really got their trust this off-season coming in with the work effort and proved last year he'd figure it out. :suds:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read an article about it a few months back but things can change. Either way I'm fine with whatever PC decides.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael has been playing a lot smarter. I forget who it was, but before the game some guy kept screaming "Don't be Superman, be Clark Kent!" He's looking to take the extra couple of yards with the smart cut-back vs. trying to break something. He's got talent and if he's playing smart he can be solid. Should be good runningback by committee starting the year.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rawls looked pretty good for his first real action since last season. That being said, the sooner Ifedi gets back, the better. It took way too long to get anything going on offense because the offensive line was getting pushed around. With a couple more really tough defensive lines coming up in the next few weeks and with those defenses knowing that Wilson's ankle isn't 100% now, the offensive line needs to get its stuff together real quick.