• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rate your team's trade deadline

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not keen on the Pirates prospects, or have any clue who this guy is referring to:

I've seen speculation that's it's Jung Ho Kang and the reason he wasn't included is because he is on the AAA DL. Chad Kuhl is another possibility because he's also hurt, but him moving to the 60-Day DL yesterday gives me pause.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact they are buyers makes it an A in my book. They have for so long over valued prospects and we see how far that got them.

With that said dealing Keller or Baz is crazy talk unless you are getting more than archer.
I'm a lot more open to dealing Baz. He's still four years away give or take and he's had trouble since he signed. Certainly not throwing in the towel on him but he's also far from a sure thing still.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B- or so.

Knew they didn't have the resources to grab a top end starter so I can live with that. Assuming they will try to add one before August 31.
Disappointed they didn't add a utility infielder as the guy they currently run out in that spot isn't a major leaguer.

Otherwise I think the bullpen pieces are solid adds and I like brining in Maybin. Also probably should count the move that was made in May to grab Colome and Span. Getting those two early provided two months of extra value then most acquisitions.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Blue Jays got back what they could for Osuna. Wish the Red Sox would have gotten Dozier instead of Kinsler though.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B- overall so far

Happily ripped off the Yankees for Britton
Fair trade with the Dodgers for Machado
Trade junk with Atlanta for junk, mostly to get a a chance for VICTOR VICTOR
Trade with Milwaukee is tough to handicap. i dont think much of Schoop, but the assets in return dont seem great either

I guess it all comes down to VICTOR VICTOR.
The Orioles now have the most legally allowed money to sign him. He is the #1 overall prospect in baseball.
The trades gave them a strange technicality where they can simply outbid everyone else who is hardcapped.

If the Orioles get him, then it was a complete A+, B- without him.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a lot more open to dealing Baz. He's still four years away give or take and he's had trouble since he signed. Certainly not throwing in the towel on him but he's also far from a sure thing still.
Yeah Baz hasn’t been good but if he can be used next year for another deal vs him, Glasgow and Meadows in the same deal. That was my only real thought. As good as Archer is would that be too many top prospects?

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Baz hasn’t been good but if he can be used next year for another deal vs him, Glasgow and Meadows in the same deal. That was my only real thought. As good as Archer is would that be too many top prospects?
I would think so. If Baz is going to go I'd rather it be for another player.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the one trade Detroit made a lot. Willi Castro was a lot better prospect than I expected to get for Leonys Martin. However, I would've loved to see them deal Liriano & Fiers as well. Greene & Iglesias being dealt would've been nice too, but at least Greene is signed beyond this year and Iglesias is so fun to watch defensively that he makes Tigers games more watchable.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going with a D-. Not impressed