• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rashaad Penny Retired

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Career derailed by injury.

That's sad how his career went south with injuries... I liked the guy... Reminds me of the shortened career for another one of other 1st round RB's... And Penny was obviously no where near as good as Curt Warner...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's sad how his career went south with injuries... I liked the guy... Reminds me of the shortened career for another one of other 1st round RB's... And Penny was obviously no where near as good as Curt Warner...

Penny never had the chance. He had maybe 6 games in a row where he was healthy and he was an absolute beast.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy could never stay healthy. He had that kind of final stretch where I think he started like 6 games at the end of 2021 and completely tore it up. Like 800 yards and 6 TDs or something crazy. And yah they were against easier defenses, but still impressive.

But I always liked Penny's style of running and his speed. I remember liking the draft pick. But yah, guy could just never get on the field due to some sort of injury. Really sucked him and Carson never found the fountain of youth. That would've been one hell of a 1-2 punch. Hoping that is not the case again for Walker/Charbs who could also be the same in terms of a great 1-2 punch or injury prone. Walker already had a couple nagging injuries and I think Charbs had a couple minor issues last year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Body didn’t have it for the NFL, just couldn’t take it … We had a tank in Lynch for so many years the football Gods had to balance it out and give us some Kia’s with bald tires ever since … It’s been tough trying to find Lynch’s replacement, that’s for sure …

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Body didn’t have it for the NFL, just couldn’t take it … We had a tank in Lynch for so many years the football Gods had to balance it out and give us some Kia’s with bald tires ever since … It’s been tough trying to find Lynch’s replacement, that’s for sure …

Yah.... we targeted a LOT of backs in the Carroll years after Lynch that didn't work out. Carson also wore down (but was a later round pick).

It was nice to see us target almost entirely OL and DL in this draft.. Seems so many backs can thrive behind a good OL or going against a crappy one. But when your back is constantly running into guys weighing 260-320 lbs.. only a matter of time before their body breaks down.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of talent but not enough durability, sadly. I hope he's the last 1st round RB for this franchise for quite a long time.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Penny was talented and NO ONE saw the injury bug hitting him. Hind sight is 20/20 and i think most of US in here would have taken Chubb first but hell Chubb played 2 games last year. We will see if he falls off a cliff from here out, He has played 1 full season the past 4 years and turns 29 at the end of the season. He has had a very good career though, no matter how you look at it the Hawks would be looking for a RB anyway. I am Happy with Walker/Charb/McIntosh. They just need touches and being 31st out of 32 teams like last year in rushing attempts or 23rd out of 32 ( 2022 ) is NOT GOING to cut it. They need to be in that top 10 range or better.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Penny was talented and NO ONE saw the injury bug hitting him. Hind sight is 20/20 and i think most of US in here would have taken Chubb first but hell Chubb played 2 games last year. We will see if he falls off a cliff from here out, He has played 1 full season the past 4 years and turns 29 at the end of the season. He has had a very good career though, no matter how you look at it the Hawks would be looking for a RB anyway. I am Happy with Walker/Charb/McIntosh. They just need touches and being 31st out of 32 teams like last year in rushing attempts or 23rd out of 32 ( 2022 ) is NOT GOING to cut it. They need to be in that top 10 range or better.

It was interesting to hear Charbs comments because Charb said with Grubb there will be a more downhill focus... which is weird because I thought Seattle ran up the middle WAY too much last year (which is how I take 'downhill')... and getting Walker in space is FAR better suited for his style. Maybe they meant more downhill running just for Charb? Will be interesting to see what Grubb does.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was interesting to hear Charbs comments because Charb said with Grubb there will be a more downhill focus... which is weird because I thought Seattle ran up the middle WAY too much last year (which is how I take 'downhill')... and getting Walker in space is FAR better suited for his style. Maybe they meant more downhill running just for Charb? Will be interesting to see what Grubb does.

Well from what i have seen Grubb likes the zone blocking game in the middle between the tackles but he never ran the ball much PERIOD even when the running game was successful with Washington. Washington ran a ton of inside zones even for a team that did not run a lot so this makes sense and does point to a "Downhill" style.

I dont care what they do as long as they dont abandon the run like he did at Washington or how the Hawks have been for some time now. I think for success this team needs 28-30 total touches at the least running the ball every game. The Seahawks averaged 22.4 last season and 25 the season before.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well from what i have seen Grubb likes the zone blocking game in the middle between the tackles but he never ran the ball much PERIOD even when the running game was successful with Washington. Washington ran a ton of inside zones even for a team that did not run a lot so this makes sense and does point to a "Downhill" style.

I dont care what they do as long as they dont abandon the run like he did at Washington or how the Hawks have been for some time now. I think for success this team needs 28-30 total touches at the least running the ball every game. The Seahawks averaged 22.4 last season and 25 the season before.
Especially when we have young horses that are proven at their respected positions... We've got to get them touches...