• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rants and Raves- Week 4

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Another thing is that sometimes LT rolls out for absolutely no reason, @ 6'6" he should be able to stand in there and make a throw with his feet set.

After 3-4 seconds I have no problem with him rolling out because the clock is ticking at that point and that is what he seemed to do most of the time.

I get that, but the problem is he is rolling out of the pocket and into pressure. If he really is "hearing the clock" then i wish he would roll out with the intention to run, instead of attempting a low percentage pass.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After LT hurt his shoulder running over that guy in the end zone, he wasn't going to run anywhere other than away from would-be tacklers.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be in the minority here, but I like the fact that LT is rolling out. While he hasn't been accurate on the run, the team is much better off with an incompletion than a sack. Learning to stay, step in the pocket, and feel the pressure are all things that take experience. I will say, though, that I would like to see him run more on the roll outs. Maybe it was the shoulder injury after the TD run (as TAE said), but if he can learn to run more on those roll outs he could be a big threat.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I agree with Nick, if no one is open then tuck it and run and get what you can. You don't have to mow anyone down like it is the NC game. Just run and slide down.

To be quite honest, I am happy with LT progressing thas far. Sure he has a pick or two from the game, but he's still green and he's still learning. I think being compared to Cam Newton was definitely not fair for sure. Sure he has the measureables, but Cam also played QB for a year or more before transferring to Auburn and he had a league championship under his belt.

As an aside we need to get our (power/wrecking) run game going with JO and co. While I absolutely love Wilson, we can't afford losing him to an injury or two because we are running him 20-25 times a game.

Last edited by a moderator: