• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the NFL's four best receiver groups

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My projection for next year if we are including TE would probably be:

1. Pittsburgh
2. Seattle
3. New England
4. Jacksonville
5. Arizona

If/When Carson Palmer goes down, those Arizona receivers are going to vanish in thin air
Are you adding Seattle because of Lynch's retirement and the assumption they will swing more to the passing game now? Or are you believing that Graham will come back healthy and make an impact and maybe Lockett will take a big step forward?

I don't think Seattle's receiving corp is near the bottom of the league, but I also wouldn't put them anywhere near the top either. Baldwin is clutch at times, but he's not in the top 10 of the league at his position and he's typically credited as their best receiver. Hard to put a unit near the top when they don't have any major stars in it and mostly have younger guys with flashes here and there around him.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lockette will be the real deal. he is gonna be dangerous. However I also don't think Seattle should be up there in top 5 WR cores.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the NE pick must be because of TEs. Gronk, Bennett, and Harbor are the best TE group in the league.

How are the Steelers not on there? They have the best WR in the league (Brown) plus the best young WR in the league (Bryant) plus Markus Wheaton. Is it because Bryant is suspended?
I'm guessing it is because Bryant is suspended for the 2016 season. I tend to agree that they don't belong in the top receiver corps discussion if Bryant isn't playing.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you kind of have to have a front line to have a really dangerous passing game and we all know what a total dumpster fire they have up front. :L

They might find some success with the quick passes, but without a 4+ second pocket Wilson's not going to find much in the deep passing game so I'm not sure their stats will show them very high up the league charts.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lockette will be the real deal. he is gonna be dangerous. However I also don't think Seattle should be up there in top 5 WR cores.

agreed, if we go with those 4 already in the article, Jets and Den are hard to pass up for Seattle just because both have such great starting WR's. ATL is up there (Freeman out of the backfield is a boost, with Julio and Tamme). Bengals (Eifert, Green, Jones, Gio out of backfield), Packers (Jordy playing again, Cobb, Adams, Rodgers, picked up Jared Cook, and Starks becoming a good backfield receiver). Pitt goes somewhere in there...

I'd really have to put my take on Sea just outside the top 10. Wouldn't surprise if they surpassed. Can debate with NO, KC, or Oak kind of range.

My darkhorse surprise would be San Diego. A QB who gets his weapons involved. Woodhead, Keenan Allen who looked like a stud when healthy, Travis Benjamin who looked good with Cleveland. Gates and that TE they took at the start of the 2nd round. Stevie Johnson was doing well when playing and Inman when he was out. Lots of questions thus the darkhorse, but lots of talent. Giants too

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trolling at all. Simply stating my opinion. Looks like others (to include Hawk fans) agree. It's not a slight on the Hawks. That WR group is just not a top 5. Likely not top 10. Don't get so butt hurt over a little critisim.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trolling at all. Simply stating my opinion. Looks like others (to include Hawk fans) agree. It's not a slight on the Hawks. That WR group is just not a top 5. Likely not top 10. Don't get so butt hurt over a little critisim.

That means I am butthurt?
LOL.
I wasn't aware I was that upset. Looks like my anger management classes are finally paying off.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That means I am butthurt?
LOL.
I wasn't aware I was that upset. Looks like my anger management classes are finally paying off.
My comment wasn't based on this one reaction. Keep up the good work on those classes:thumb:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Redskins fan the thing that scares about Davis isn't a drop-off in ability. He still looked plenty fast last year, but he alligator armed or dropped a few passes in critical situations of games. One I remember distinctly was against Pittsburgh. The game was tied I believe and on a 3rd and long. He dropped what was a damn near perfect pass from Osweiller(sp). He easily had the 1st down plus a lot more yards and I think he would've scored. I hope he's not staying around simply for a paycheck though I can't hate on him for it either if he is. I just wish it wasn't with my fave team.

dean is right though. We don't need Davis to be a big time production machine or anything. If he can just help the Skins out here and there in a couple areas. It'll be cool.

Far as Garcon. I'm not as high on him as dean or others are. He is a tough guy who does block (not that it set off the Skins run game or anything) and I do recall one game winning TD catch (1st Philly game) last year. The last two seasons though he's averaged under 50 rec yards per game, 70 catches a year, almost 11 yards per catch, and 4.5 TDs. I could be wrong, but I don't think that should be extremely hard to replace.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy was terrific...

tomhanksfootball.gif

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Like Pitt's receivers Brown, Bryant Heywardd-Bey and Wheaton run 24,23, and 22 MPH tough to defend

It's strange....Pitts A. Brown, Dallas Dez Bryant, Cincy AJ Green....And they want to talk about Garcon, Robinson, and mr irrelevant ????
As Vinny would say; "I'm so confused"

image.png

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like last year, I say the Jets are #1.

Redskins? People must really like old tiny receivers.