• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers return home in pursuit of next year's top pick: 3 against the Rays 6/4-6

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone explain to me what the hell Martin is doing here
They decided to bring him up and use him as a pinch hitter, so his hot bat, that he had before coming up, could grow cold.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They decided to bring him up and use him as a pinch hitter, so his hot bat, that he had before coming up, could grow cold.

about what I figured there.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to MTR,, San Diego is looking long and hard at trading for Joey Gallo

i mentioned this awhile back, about how the number of injuries could increase the potential landing spots for Gallo. SD appears to be on that list now.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mentioned this awhile back, about how the number of injuries could increase the potential landing spots for Gallo. SD appears to be on that list now.
during the initial off-season talks with SD the Rangers spoke about a package around either C.J. Abrams SS or Luis Patino P but were rebuffed as them being too high a price.so what would we expect from them for Gallo?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
during the initial off-season talks with SD the Rangers spoke about a package around either C.J. Abrams SS or Luis Patino P but were rebuffed as them being too high a price.so what would we expect from them for Gallo?
Hard to say. Depends on how bad they need a RF or a less than avg bat that could possibly make a turn around.
Hope we can figure out something.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Package Gallo and something else they need and ask for Robert Hassell.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about Gallo and Kennedy for Joshua Mears Of, Brayan Medina RHP, Efrain Contreras RHP &Hugo Sanchez 3B

Of the Padres Top 30 prospects, 14 are RHP. I like where you're at here. I don't think they're going to get 4 players for Gallo and Sanchez isn't in their top 30, so take Mears off and I think they do that.

I definitely like the idea of getting two RHP back plus a third player. I'm not familiar enough with their players to speak intelligently on who's better than who, but I would like to see a RHP who projects to be in MLB next year (with a preview later this year) and then a RHP who projects for 2023. Obviously I would be OK with adjusting those dates based on ceiling/talent. But the Padres are LOADED with pitching prospects and I would love for the Rangers to snag some from them for Gallo.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about Gallo and Kennedy for Joshua Mears Of, Brayan Medina RHP, Efrain Contreras RHP &Hugo Sanchez 3B
Mears doesn't impress me and Contreras is on the 60-day DL. Sanchez and Medina are very young and haven't played stateside yet. I would pass on that deal.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the Padres Top 30 prospects, 14 are RHP. I like where you're at here. I don't think they're going to get 4 players for Gallo and Sanchez isn't in their top 30, so take Mears off and I think they do that.

I definitely like the idea of getting two RHP back plus a third player. I'm not familiar enough with their players to speak intelligently on who's better than who, but I would like to see a RHP who projects to be in MLB next year (with a preview later this year) and then a RHP who projects for 2023. Obviously I would be OK with adjusting those dates based on ceiling/talent. But the Padres are LOADED with pitching prospects and I would love for the Rangers to snag some from them for Gallo.
I think Gallo alone would get us Mears and Contreras and Kennedy would be worth Medina and Sanchez

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gallo alone would get us Mears and Contreras and Kennedy would be worth Medina and Sanchez

I missed the Kennedy aspect of your proposal, whoops. I don't know if the Padres need bullpen help (or if Kennedy is that for them). But if we can 3 prospects for Gallo alone, with two of them being pitchers, then I am all for that.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the Kennedy aspect of your proposal, whoops. I don't know if the Padres need bullpen help (or if Kennedy is that for them). But if we can 3 prospects for Gallo alone, with two of them being pitchers, then I am all for that.
Agree. We are not giving up much in Gallo so I would not expect much back but you never know. Gallo may turn around and we may get an ace in return but my main concern is getting Gallo a new home. None of us know how the results might turn out but nothing ventured nothing gained.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't think you can have too much good relief pitching when you're a good team but we don't need Kennedy he's not getting much time

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't think you can have too much good relief pitching when you're a good team but we don't need Kennedy he's not getting much time

I certainly don't have an issue with trading him, and if it sweetens the deal for a team to take Gallo, I'm all for it.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. We are not giving up much in Gallo so I would not expect much back but you never know. Gallo may turn around and we may get an ace in return but my main concern is getting Gallo a new home. None of us know how the results might turn out but nothing ventured nothing gained.
It feels like we have to trade him.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo, Kennedy, and Gibson seem to be the only tradable assets we have right?

everyone else teams either wouldn’t want or there contract status is too advantageous for us to trade.