• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers have a sweet tooth and are hungry for some M's&M's - 8/17 - 8/19

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what EG had to say about possible call-ups for Sept.

Question: Who all get called up when the rosters expand?

Grant: My guesses and this probably won't be complete: Andrew Faulker, Jon Edwards, Phil Klein, Chi Chi Gonzalez (who I suspect will be optioned this week), both Carlos Corporan and Robinson Chirinos, Hanser Alberto, Ryan Rua (possibly) and ... of course, there is always the possibility of Gallo coming back. Not sure he can do much as a left-handed pinch hitter this year, but boy the power tool certainly plays.

The only one I wonder about is Corporan. Why would we want him back here?
He mentioned later that he had forgotten Renaudo.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chi Chi to AAA to make room for Holland. Not sure I feel comfortable with Nick Martinez in the rotation going forward, to be honest.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chi Chi to AAA to make room for Holland. Not sure I feel comfortable with Nick Martinez in the rotation going forward, to be honest.
I thought Nick was at RR too.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamey Newberg seems to think the PTBNL in the Venable deal will be the key to the deal for San Diego.

In August, when you see a player to be named later made part of a trade, it often means that it’s a player on the 40-man roster who’s been agreed on between the two clubs but who hasn’t yet cleared post-July 31 trade waivers. The process would be that the team sending that player away would run him out on trade waivers and the receiving team would put in a claim to facilitate the finalization of the deal. If a team with higher claim priority (than the Padres, in this case, meaning 14 American League teams plus eight National League teams) puts in a claim on the player in question, the sending team (Texas) would just pull him back and convey him to the receiving team (the Padres) after the season.

Notably, in that case, the rules dictate that the player cannot appear in the big leagues in the interim.

Assuming that’s the scenario, here are the players on the 40-man who are not in the big leagues: pitchers Alex Claudio, Jon Edwards, Gonzalez, Luke Jackson, Phil Klein, Nick Martinez, Roman Mendez, Anthony Ranaudo, and Tanner Scheppers; infielders Hanser Alberto and Joey Gallo; and outfielder Ryan Rua. I’m not listing injured players, the only young one of which I can imagine the Padres showing interest in being Jurickson Profar. There’s no chance he’s in this deal.

There’s also no chance that Gallo, Gonzalez, Jackson, Martinez, or Scheppers would be included, and Alberto or Rua would surprise me, too.

That leaves relievers Claudio, Edwards, Klein, and Mendez (the only one out of options), and the starter Ranaudo, and it’s a safe bet that when A.J. Preller tells Corey Brock (MLB.com) that the player is “someone the organization ‘views as a key piece to the deal’ . . .
someone closer to [the] big leagues,” he’s talking about one of those five arms.

If the player to be named isn’t identified in the next day or so, then keep your eye on those five — and if any of them returns to Arlington after rosters expand in a couple weeks (or before), you can scratch them off the list.

Last edited:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Gallardo doing for the Rangers??

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Gallardo doing for the Rangers??

Considering he and Colby Lewis, have had to be the 1A/1B guys all year, I would say he's done fine.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was more my thoughts re player TBA to Padres. Wonder if it is Mendez

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Bennie already posted. Sorry for Duplicate ha

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called it. Only thing I might do different is bat Napoli fourth.

With all the shit pitches Prince has been swinging at lately, he needs a day off. I would leave AB in the 4 hole and bat MM 3rd probably. Adrian has been hot and he's a RH bat, that probably has better AB's than MM vs a lefty, but Jeff has a plan I guess.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosales DFAed and Hanser is called up. Also, it will be decided today if Hamilton is going on the DL.