• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers Fans Read Up

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has happened probably 50 times since I've been here and for the ones who deny it, the old "roommate" routine has been used every time. If this poster has a legit explanation I'm just confused why he logged out after my PM and hasn't been back. :scratch:
Can you guys see through proxies or are proxies banned here in the first place?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know this guy so I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Ultimately it's up to you guys. If you don't want the distraction, I'll take out the garbage.

Give the guy a chance to explain. If he can't, fuck him.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you guys see through proxies or are proxies banned here in the first place?

Proxies are not banned because they don't do anything but raise a red flag. We have software that identifies the originating IP anyway so it's counterproductive. The only posters who use proxies have something to hide, but the irony is that the proxy just exposes them.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proxies are not banned because they don't do anything but raise a red flag. We have software that identifies the originating IP anyway so it's counterproductive. The only posters who use proxies have something to hide, but the irony is that the proxy just exposes them.
That's interesting to know.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, sorry I've been away.

Everyone, HD is right. There is no chance this is wrong. We can get false matches from IP scans, but when this alert goes off there is no question that both posters are either related or know each other. There are legit reasons for this happening, and we are cool with those that are proactive in explaining the situation when we reach out to them. So far, no explanation has been given which means we typically are just looking at someone wanting to troll. That is a good way to get all accounts banned.

So pegasusredleg, let us in on what you are up to. THe new account is now banned, the pegasusredleg is not...for now.

Swangin, what the hell man? Did I miss Hammer trolling us or something? You seemed to go from 0 to "up your ass" in no time flat. Chill. Hammer is good people.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone, HD is right. There is no chance this is wrong. We can get false matches from IP scans, but when this alert goes off there is no question that both posters are either related or know each other. There are legit reasons for this happening, and we are cool with those that are proactive in explaining the situation when we reach out to them. So far, no explanation has been given which means we typically are just looking at someone wanting to troll. That is a good way to get all accounts banned.

So pegasusredleg, let us in on what you are up to. THe new account is now banned, the pegasusredleg is not...for now.

Thanks for the info and explaining how it works around here. It's good to know that moderators are proactive and level headed. I've been part of communities there that was not the case. Keep up the good work. Was not aware the level of access HD had when I first replied.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info and explaining how it works around here. It's good to know that moderators are proactive and level headed. I've been part of communities there that was not the case. Keep up the good work. Was not aware the level of access HD had when I first replied.

He's my boss and pays the bills around here. :)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's nice to know this place won't turn into another bbtia.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to know this place won't turn into another bbtia.
Oh Jesus...I am so pissed at Joey for not even caring. Close down the site if you don't want it anymore, but don't let such a great thing go to waste like that. Totally not happy with how that site just died for no reason.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds legit, i wasn't really here for the incident last night, I caught a couple posts, but there's no place for that mess

Pegasus seemed like a good poster mostly, hopefully, if he comes back, he'll know he can't get away with that mess and gets his shit straight

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, crazy... but I guess not that shocking in this day in age. Actually, I'm confident tons of people on ESPN's old website did it. Honestly, this thread has pretty much convinced me that he did this but still really no evidence has been provided. Peg actually posted some good stuff and seemed like a cool fan but perhaps sometimes some people choose really strange ways to vent their anger or frustration.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very strange to say the least. He seemed like a truly legit Rangers fan. I remember him joining the board when the massive influx of ESPN posters joined. He started most of the series threads and actively participated in almost every game day thread. He never once said anything remotely troll-like and seemed to be a knowledgeable fan who loved the team. He even frequently talked about time served in the Army and compared baseball situations to his personal experiences from the military. He would have been one of the absolute last posters I would have expected to pull off an immature stunt like this. Since the IP trace is legit, there can only be one of two explanations: a) either a younger sibling or child of his own got on his computer and tried to be funny, or b) he truly is one of the most lonely individuals around who actually took the time to create the pretense of being a Rangers fan for over a month just so he could eventually troll under a dual identity. Either way, very bizarre.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now he just disappears after all this blows up. Coincidence? I think not. The story speaks for itself.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very strange to say the least. He seemed like a truly legit Rangers fan. I remember him joining the board when the massive influx of ESPN posters joined. He started most of the series threads and actively participated in almost every game day thread. He never once said anything remotely troll-like and seemed to be a knowledgeable fan who loved the team. He even frequently talked about time served in the Army and compared baseball situations to his personal experiences from the military. He would have been one of the absolute last posters I would have expected to pull off an immature stunt like this. Since the IP trace is legit, there can only be one of two explanations: a) either a younger sibling or child of his own got on his computer and tried to be funny, or b) he truly is one of the most lonely individuals around who actually took the time to create the pretense of being a Rangers fan for over a month just so he could eventually troll under a dual identity. Either way, very bizarre.

If I had to bet you, assuming all this is true, he is really a Ranger fan. No one else would know that much about something they didn't care about. I bet some ranger fan on here or maybe a group of them rubbed him the wrong way on something, so he took on an alternate internet identity confront them. Or perhaps its just a completely unhealthy way to vent frustration.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it's kind of silly but it doesn't matter to me. Shouldn't bother someone that much

It's bothersome when we as Rangers fans are trying to chat with one another and have to wade through and ignore countless posts by him filled with childish insults and blatant attempts at starting arguments. It's beyond annoying and we shouldn't have to put up with it. It's like trying to carry on a conversation in a restaurant with a screaming baby close by. You can ignore it for a short time, but after a while enough is enough.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to bet you, assuming all this is true, he is really a Ranger fan. No one else would know that much about something they didn't care about. I bet some ranger fan on here or maybe a group of them rubbed him the wrong way on something, so he took on an alternate internet identity confront them. Or perhaps its just a completely unhealthy way to vent frustration.
I'm willing to bet he just got bored and decided to stir something up for "fun".

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Swangin, what the hell man? Did I miss Hammer trolling us or something? You seemed to go from 0 to "up your ass" in no time flat. Chill. Hammer is good people.

I get your situation, but I've seen several posters over the last couple of weeks wondering why someone would troll their own site, I have felt the exact same way. A couple of them I am familiar with from a forum they use to post at and are very legit posters. Again, I can't even believe I'm typing this kind of stuff I come to forums to see if anything new is going on I have missed around baseball and to have a good discussion from time to time. I really wanted to say something before, but like I said the words were taking out of my fingers one day when another poster told him it was shocking to see the Admin act in the way did, so I left it alone until he chose to say something to me.

It's just disappointing to see posters belittled, have movie clips with someone rolling their eyes in response to their opinion, just stuff you don't expect from the Admin. It just opens the door for nonsense when it's seen that the person that represents the site is doing it. I mean just go look at the Jeter thread. Posters were actually discussing Jeters stats and numbers, but since it's a player HD doesn't like, a discussion turns into 3 pages of him basically talking to himself with silly quote after silly quote. It happens a lot, once he disagrees or doesn't like the topic or player being discussed he turns it into a joke thread.

He literally went into the daily thread and told others to go troll a thread one day, because the majority of posters were disagreeing with him in it. I've been avoiding it and it's not a big deal, but when he said something to me, I decided say something back, so I am simply explaining to you since you asked. That is all, I have said all I wanted to and any response from here on out from me will strictly be thread related.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah so I've been away for a few days and I this crazy thread. Forgive me but I don't recall the poster game1622012 on here. Did that poster arise in the last couple of days or something? This is weird, lame, sad and damn funny all at the same time.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah so I've been away for a few days and I this crazy thread. Forgive me but I don't recall the poster game1622012 on here. Did that poster arise in the last couple of days or something? This is weird, lame, sad and damn funny all at the same time.

He appeared out of nowhere after Game 1 in the Twins series thread. He listed himself as both an A's fan and Angels fan. He started off by talking trash about how quickly the A's would pass the Rangers. He then proceeded to start throwing out numerous gay slurs and gay references toward out posters. It got old really quickly. If you want to see his posts, go back to the late-40's pages of the Twins series. Really sad and childish.