• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Face The Tigers In Detroit June 25-27

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really have an opinion on that writers thoughts and I do not want us to get crazy with buying.
I felt the same way. No time to get excited. Let's let July open the door and dictate which direction to pursue.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From SI: Marlins SP Trevor Richards To Rangers For Minor-League CF Pedro Gonzalez, SP Ronny Henriquez
The Rangers need to upgrade their rotation, which has a 4.90 ERA and lacks suitable depth beyond Mike Minor and Lance Lynn. But since they didn’t originally plan to be in a position to contend this year, and are likely looking at a window out beyond 2019, a rental wouldn’t make sense. Who’d be a good fit, then? Miami’s Trevor Richards, in his second year in the big leagues for a team that currently is not going anywhere and reportedly might be open to dealing a starter or two. The 26-year-old would be a decent boost to the middle of Texas’ rotation (3.94 ERA, 102 ERA+), and shouldn’t come at too high of a cost.

Here is another interesting speculation: Texas Rangers Trade Talk: Marcus Stroman For Nomar Mazara?

Or an alternate to the same deal: GM Mode: Texas Rangers Make a Deal With Old Rival Toronto Blue Jays