• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the offseason, someone asked me if I thought the Raiders were better off with JimmyG, and I sad, probably not , lateral move at best.

Nope, I was wrong, JimmyG is definitely worse. I'd be perfectly fine with my Raiders doing whatever it took to get the #1 pick...trading for it, tanking, don't care

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this will place a large hole in many a roster. .....
Vikings placed Justin Jefferson (hamstring) on injured reserve.
He’ll miss at least four games. The Vikings followed through with their pledge not to rush back Jefferson after he sustained the hamstring injury in the team’s Week 5 loss to Kansas City. Pelissero said a timetable for Jefferson’s return has yet to be determined.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the offseason, someone asked me if I thought the Raiders were better off with JimmyG, and I sad, probably not , lateral move at best.

Nope, I was wrong, JimmyG is definitely worse. I'd be perfectly fine with my Raiders doing whatever it took to get the #1 pick...trading for it, tanking, don't care

I think Adams was playing hurt last night, and wouldn't have played if it wasn't the Packers game.
I want to see a little more of JimmyG with both Adams and Jakobi closer to being fully healthy on the field before I give judgement.

I still think your original assessment of lateral move is correct

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They may have competition for that pick after last night. .... _Pack looked awful. ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings ending up with the 1.01 and getting Caleb Williams would be F'ing wild
Depending on the severity of JJ's injury, and where they're at in 4-5 weeks, they may just shut him down, and without him, I could totally see them in the hunt for that pick.

Adding to the drama, current leader int he clubhouse is Carolina, who just drafted Bryce Young..if they get it..do they pull an Arizona Cardinals and go ahead and draft the QB #1 with last year's #1 pick being a QB? or do they trade it for a friggin fortune??

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on the severity of JJ's injury, and where they're at in 4-5 weeks, they may just shut him down, and without him, I could totally see them in the hunt for that pick.

Adding to the drama, current leader int he clubhouse is Carolina, who just drafted Bryce Young..if they get it..do they pull an Arizona Cardinals and go ahead and draft the QB #1 with last year's #1 pick being a QB? or do they trade it for a friggin fortune??
Don't the Bears own Panthers first in the draft?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't the Bears own Panthers first in the draft?
oh yes, m y bad...so they'll be in the same boat they were last year if that's the case..do you trade it, and stick with Fields, or go for Caleb and cut bait on Fields?

crazy..it's entirely possible the Bears end up with #1 and #2 overall

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be extremely surprised if they took another QB. The play is to draft it for a ton of capital or just draft Marvin

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be extremely surprised if they took another QB. The play is to draft it for a ton of capital or just draft Marvin
That may be - but senior may advise him to pull a Eli Manning thing and refuse to go there. ....

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yes, m y bad...so they'll be in the same boat they were last year if that's the case..do you trade it, and stick with Fields, or go for Caleb and cut bait on Fields?

Nothing against you Joe, but if that happens I hope the Bears get the equivalent of Quentin Coryatt and Steve Etmann.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be - but senior may advise him to pull a Eli Manning thing and refuse to go there. ....
He seems like a humble kid. Not sure what gives you the idea he would do something like this

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WR refusing to go to the team that drafts him would be the first of its kind that I can remember.
Pulling something like that is only for crybaby QBs

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if they have the #1 pick again they don't pass on Williams. He's a higher rated prospect than any of the guys from this year's class. So unless Fields ends up playing well and the team goes like 7-10 I don't see them passing on Williams.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they have the #1 pick again they don't pass on Williams. He's a higher rated prospect than any of the guys from this year's class. So unless Fields ends up playing well and the team goes like 7-10 I don't see them passing on Williams.
Yes I agree and I see them drafting Marvin Harrison Jr also and they have the most cap space of any team in 2024 to help fill in the holes.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's the debate on the Bears board.
Some are in the camp that based on how putrid he looked in the first 3 games (and last year) passing the ball, they need to trade Fields.
Some don't want to start over with another rookie. No guarantees there.
I'm just hoping that if Fields can Plat consistently like in the next 12 games, keep him. But still draft a QB at some point.