• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random bracket thoughts

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not a team on the right half of the bracket I feel any confidence picking them to play in the championship game. They've all got flaws or a reason not to pick them.

Duke - defense
Villanova - I just have a hard time expecting or believing in them. Haven't seen enough. The #2 overall seed turns me off too.
Gonzaga - defense.
Virginia - Justin andersons health makes this seem doubtful
Oklahoma - lol
Iowa state - how many games in a row can they win? Especially in comeback fashion.
Georgetown - sucks
Louisville - no.
Northern Iowa - I could see this. Seems unlikely though, haven't played too many top teams and didn't dominate average teams.
Utah - struggling
Smu -
Providence -
Iowa / Davidson - can't beat gonzaga
Michigan state -

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why everyone is against Villanova. They were 10-1 vs the BPI top 50. I think there is a misconception that they had a weak schedule.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why everyone is against Villanova. They were 10-1 vs the BPI top 50. I think there is a misconception that they had a weak schedule.
Nova doesn't have a lot of size, I just think they can get tossed around by bigger, more physical teams.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. But 9 of those 10 wins came in conference... Personally, I'm just not that sold on the Big East in general.

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU can beat damn near anyone yet lose to damn near anyone (Nebraska, TX Southern, Minnesota). A decent amount of people are picking us over UVA and I have seen a few people like Rece Davis have us in the Final Four. I refuse to pick us beating them, if you can't make free throws you can't win close games, which every game in the Tourney is, a close game. Also, this team cannot hold a lead free throws aside. They take their foot off the gas with a lead late and work every second of clock and force bad shots instead of running the offense that gave them the lead in the first place.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not that I have anything against Villanova. Just trying to think when I've watched them play. That TV deal is kinda crappy. It's like all their big time games are on the same channel as Fordham vs. American. That's my issue with Villanova. The big east doesn't get enough exposure for me to believe the hype.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm Gonzagas defense is not really much of an issue lol.

This is Mark Fews most alround team by far.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm Gonzagas defense is not really much of an issue lol.

This is Mark Fews most alround team by far.

Most complete? yes. Best defensive team? Yes. Great defensive team? No.

It is an issue. I've watched them play several times this year. It's their biggest liability. Pangos and Wiltjer aren't great defenders. Pangos isn't a good on ball defender. McClellan isn't disciplined as a defender, and struggled also. They struggled with San Francisco because it usf was getting touches in the paint without much trouble. And they played a lot of teams on or below their level when it came to athleticism. It'll be interesting to see how they defend when they play teams bigger, stronger, faster than them.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the Big East that it just cannot win.

You go out and you win a bunch of non-conference games against the Big 12, Big 10, ACC and get your Conference RPI to 2nd.

And still no respect.

It is what it is. :noidea:

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got ZAGS winning the big dance! I got Zona getting their arses kicked in the sweet 16