• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams waive/injured RB Isaiah Pead (torn ACL)

Raminator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in from ROTOWORLD:

Rams waived/injured RB Isaiah Pead (torn ACL).
Pead tore his ACL while returning the opening kickoff last weekend against the Packers. If he clears waivers, he'll go to the Rams' injured reserve list. He's obviously out for the season, but the former second-round pick has two years left on his rookie contract. A claiming team would have him for 2015. For Pead's sake, it might be best to get claimed and get a fresh start in a new city.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done. He is not an NFL-quality back and the Rams have finally admitted with this move that they threw away a second round pick. Outside of Round One when we got the big trade, that draft is beginning to falter just a tad. Pead is not going to get much of an offer now that he is hurt. This is an official bust right up there with the many that have gone before. Tye Hill comes to mind even though Hill was a first rounder.

The Rams tried to trade Pead this past spring in the 2014 draft when he was healthy and there were no takers. Speaks volumes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back on that 2012 draft, we had three number ones, 4 number twos, a third, a fourth, two fives, a six, and two sevens.

We traded the number two with Washington for the big trade. We traded with Dallas to get a second round pick. We traded with Chicago in the second. With all of those transactions, we ended up with Michael Brockers in the first, Brian Quick, Janoris Jenkins, and Isaiah Pead in the second, Trumaine Johnson in the third, Chris Givens in the fourth, Brandon Lloyd and Rokevious Watson in the fifth, Zuerlein in the sixth, and Aaron Brown and Daryl Richardson in the seventh.

Among those players, we still have Brockers, Quick, Jenkins, Johnson, Zuerlein and Givens. Givens is fading fast. Everyone else is gone. We could have had Alshon Jeffreys instead of Pead. So much for a 20/20 hindsight perspective.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back on that 2012 draft, we had three number ones, 4 number twos, a third, a fourth, two fives, a six, and two sevens.

We traded the number two with Washington for the big trade. We traded with Dallas to get a second round pick. We traded with Chicago in the second. With all of those transactions, we ended up with Michael Brockers in the first, Brian Quick, Janoris Jenkins, and Isaiah Pead in the second, Trumaine Johnson in the third, Chris Givens in the fourth, Brandon Lloyd and Rokevious Watson in the fifth, Zuerlein in the sixth, and Aaron Brown and Daryl Richardson in the seventh.

Among those players, we still have Brockers, Quick, Jenkins, Johnson, Zuerlein and Givens. Givens is fading fast. Everyone else is gone. We could have had Alshon Jeffreys instead of Pead. So much for a 20/20 hindsight perspective.

yeah, but its still better then having a qb who can't slide worth a darn

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII's durability is coming into question because of his thin build. I suppose that is why they keep Cousins around.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A tough break for Pead. I imagine he's devastated and it's a shame that his career is on the blink. I wish him well.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this dude is like having a fungus infection that you just can't get rid of even with waivers.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should this injury change their perception of him? Whether or not they were going to keep him on the roster, he'll be on IR this season and will have to make the team again next camp. It's not like his 900K will put the Rams in cap hell, and he won't be eating up a roster spot this season.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this dude is like having a fungus infection that you just can't get rid of even with waivers.

:pound: Well I guess he's not going anywhere anyway...and who knows maybe a healthy Pead could be trade bait one day for a team that (because of injuries) needs a running back.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks for Pead. However, the Rams don't lose anything.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let the door hit you in the ars on the way out. He was given every chance in the world to succeed and he failed. I truly believe he was going to get cut anyway, but that's just my opinion. This selection over Jeffrey Alshon kind of reminds me of the Gaston Green over Thurman Thomas pick. Sickening!!!!! :doh:

Chase, it's your turn to step up, I am rooting for ya 34. :clap:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let the door hit you in the ars on the way out. He was given every chance in the world to succeed and he failed. I truly believe he was going to get cut anyway, but that's just my opinion. This selection over Jeffrey Alshon kind of reminds me of the Gaston Green over Thurman Thomas pick. Sickening!!!!! :doh:

Could be Veltung instead, he's a return guy like Pead on ST & :omg: the dude is fast!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're going to complain about not picking a guy, at least get his name right; Alshon Jeffery. :doh:

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Hill?? that loser brings back tons of memories. One of the worst ram DB's ever; he was only good because of NC State QB Jay Davis threw him all those picks when we played clemson those 2 years that he was starting. smh.

I guess Tre Mason moves up the depth chart.