• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams O-Line

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Havenstein was activated from PUP list.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Havenstein was activated from PUP list.

He is not playing in preseason game 3. Will go through "walk thru" only.

So is he 100%? And will we push him to play if he is not?

If we lose this guy, we are really screwed.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Laremy Tunsil, OT from Ole Miss is currently playing OG for the Dolphins and was at one time (before the Goff and Wentz hype that led to trades) thought to be the #1 pick in the 2016 draft. Ole Miss had a balanced offense of passing and running when Tunsil was there - much more so than the Auburn offense had the year they lost to FSU in the title game. However, our #2 pick G Rob has played LT since what... game 4 or 5 in 2014?

Tunsil is way more ready to play LT in the NFL as a rookie than G Rob was and even HE is lining up at Guard.

Tells me more of the desperation of our organization and how stupid they can be. It's as if they never even learned from the Bradford debacle. Maybe one of these days we can solidify our Oline and help make a young QB's career in the NFL much easier.

Let's also add that he seems like he has a MUCH better personality than GRob, actually just the fact he seems to HAVE a personality works in his favor compared to GRob...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Laremy Tunsil, OT from Ole Miss is currently playing OG for the Dolphins and was at one time (before the Goff and Wentz hype that led to trades) thought to be the #1 pick in the 2016 draft. Ole Miss had a balanced offense of passing and running when Tunsil was there - much more so than the Auburn offense had the year they lost to FSU in the title game. However, our #2 pick G Rob has played LT since what... game 4 or 5 in 2014?

Tunsil is way more ready to play LT in the NFL as a rookie than G Rob was and even HE is lining up at Guard.

Tells me more of the desperation of our organization and how stupid they can be. It's as if they never even learned from the Bradford debacle. Maybe one of these days we can solidify our Oline and help make a young QB's career in the NFL much easier.
Let's also add that he seems like he has a MUCH better personality than GRob, actually just the fact he seems to HAVE a personality works in his favor compared to GRob...
Geez, now you guys have me defending GRob! :gaah:

Hey, at least the guy is not a documented, head-ware wearing, pot smoking dope head!

GRob has done well in his first two preseason games.

AND our OLine has done pretty good without Havenstein.

Man, if GRob turns the corner, while Havenstein is heathy and Barnes continues to impress, we may have ourselves the best improved O line from last year!

Not saying it's going to happen but the indicators are pointing in that direction.

:thumb:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as I said in an earlier post...I reserve judgment until GRob plays at least a couple regular season games...There have been MANY players who look great in pre-season only to FLOP in the regular season once the real deal starts...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Havenstein back. Saffold is playing well enough to put Saffold at LT if GRob falters because Wichmann is playing damn good football at LG to move Saffold back to the left side. Better yet, move Wichmann to center and Saffold back to LG. Shazzam! That is a huge and badass O-line!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The firsts O-line yesterday against the Broncos looked pretty good. GRob and Wichmann played pretty well as did Barnes, Brown, and Saffold. When Havenstein comes back, Saffold will return to the left side and Wichmann will probably sit although Wichmann is playing very well. Maybe they will sit Saffold. Who knows at this point. Overall, the O-line blocked very well on the pass and run.

The twos and threes were a different matter. They blocked poorly. Williams at LT completely sucked. Reynolds had some mistakes. Rhaney continued with good consistent play at center. Donnal looked good as well. Many of the others were just bad. Should several of this group gone on Tuesday.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The firsts O-line yesterday against the Broncos looked pretty good. GRob and Wichmann played pretty well as did Barnes, Brown, and Saffold. When Havenstein comes back, Saffold will return to the left side and Wichmann will probably sit although Wichmann is playing very well. Maybe they will sit Saffold. Who knows at this point. Overall, the O-line blocked very well on the pass and run.

The twos and threes were a different matter. They blocked poorly. Williams at LT completely sucked. Reynolds had some mistakes. Rhaney continued with good consistent play at center. Donnal looked good as well. Many of the others were just bad. Should several of this group gone on Tuesday.
As I recall, Robinson went down with a concussion rather early in the contest. I guess that alone bumped the entire LT depth down a notch for most of the game.

Note: I believe Robinson's concussion was not a significant one, just ended up taking him out early and I don't think he returned.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made it through two series before the concussion I believe, Vita. He played well while he was in and not seeing stars and not knowing what day it was.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made it through two series before the concussion I believe, Vita. He played well while he was in and not seeing stars and not knowing what day it was.
I thought so and I think too we would have done better in the redzone had Gurley been behind that OL yesterday....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, in those two series, the ones played really well and I believe Keenum was not sacked and Benny had lanes to run in. Nothing real big but very consistent. This is a good sign.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, in those two series, the ones played really well and I believe Keenum was not sacked and Benny had lanes to run in. Nothing real big but very consistent. This is a good sign.

The pressure Keenum was getting was largely from Von Miller, but the Broncos were playing without Ware and Wolfe.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Marshall side against GRob didn't get to Case. Miller did but the Rams were down their #1 RT of course, but it is Von Miller. I thought the line did well and for GRob he took his man well past case on the outside rush and protected pretty well on the inside when the switch was made. I would have liked to see another series with Gurley but I understand waiting for the 49ers. Not a bad look for a preseason. Goff is not ready but did any of us think he would be? Hold the board for a while rookie and get work during the week.:nod:

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks shopson, agree with the assessment of GRob against the Broncos. In fact because it was against the Broncos is even a plus more. He will have to continue to improve but I agree that Williams is horrible and unless Saffold is going to LT, GRob will have to get it done.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks shopson, agree with the assessment of GRob against the Broncos. In fact because it was against the Broncos is even a plus more. He will have to continue to improve but I agree that Williams is horrible and unless Saffold is going to LT, GRob will have to get it done.

Against the Broncos, but largely against undersized Ray, not Ware.