• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Mt Rushmore

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are between OTA's and the start of camp so we need something fun to debate.... so here it is. What 4 faces appear on the Rams Mt Rushmore???

My first obvious choice is Deacon Jones. Nothing else needs to really be said there.

#2 for me would be Marshall Faulk. TGSOT would not have been what it was without him and IMO the greatest all-purpose back of all time.

For #3, I go all the way to Cleveland and put on Bob Waterfield. Dude was a beast in the 40's and 50's and good enough to make us trade Norm Van Brocklin to Philly.

Lastly, this is more of a personal preference for me but I go with Jack Youngblood... any dude that can do ANYTHING on a broken leg, much less play a professional football game NEEDS to be up there..

So there you have it, Jones,Faulk,Waterfield,Youngblood...

What say you Rams fans??

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to my youth. I've not seen the past great Ram's like most of you have had. So Faulk, Pace, and Bruce.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an outsider looking in....

Kurt
Martz
Dick V
Marshall

Ya i know 2 are coaches but still. GSOT era.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSUDodgers, I'll second your selections. Captures all the great eras of all Rams teams.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we would have to have 2 or 3 Mt. Rushmore's to be honest. LA Rams: Decon, Olsen, Dickerson and Snow? St Louis would be Kurt, Bruce, Faulk and Pace.....not sure about them before LA; wasn't around.............lol

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Sportboy: That is a good suggestion as well. You gotta admit though that the four KSUDodgers selections covers all eras of winning Rams teams.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deacon Jones, Eric Dickerson, Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch and Pom Pom Mom!!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we would have to have 2 or 3 Mt. Rushmore's to be honest. LA Rams: Decon, Olsen, Dickerson and Snow? St Louis would be Kurt, Bruce, Faulk and Pace.....not sure about them before LA; wasn't around.............lol
My bad..............think I would replace Snow with Youngblood for sure.

demiurge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are between OTA's and the start of camp so we need something fun to debate.... so here it is. What 4 faces appear on the Rams Mt Rushmore???

My first obvious choice is Deacon Jones. Nothing else needs to really be said there.

#2 for me would be Marshall Faulk. TGSOT would not have been what it was without him and IMO the greatest all-purpose back of all time.

For #3, I go all the way to Cleveland and put on Bob Waterfield. Dude was a beast in the 40's and 50's and good enough to make us trade Norm Van Brocklin to Philly.

Lastly, this is more of a personal preference for me but I go with Jack Youngblood... any dude that can do ANYTHING on a broken leg, much less play a professional football game NEEDS to be up there..

So there you have it, Jones,Faulk,Waterfield,Youngblood...

What say you Rams fans??

Pretty good. I'd personally swap out Olsen for Jones, but hard to argue with either of them. Give a slight nod to Olsen for a longer career and the record for # of pro bowl appearances.

A close runner up for me would be Jackie Slater.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Deacon Jones and Marshall Faulk are the 2 guys on there for sure. From there, you could argue about 7 or 8 names. Dickerson was the most talented and Slater the most tenured so Ill go with them.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never even thought of Slater or Pace.... arguments easily made for both. As much as I love Jack Youngblood, maybe swap Slater for him.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ksu - may I have a word with you outside?

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus DuPree.
Lawrence Phillips.
Tony Banks.
Az-Zahir Hakim.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice subject, have to look into this 61 year old brain and come up with a list that should be 20 guys. Get back with ya.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After going over the past 70+ years of Rams football, it goes from Cleveland to Los Angeles to St Louis. It is so hard to pick from my best memories but I could only pick 4 so I have a Honorable Mention for 4 others. Here they are.

#1. Bob Waterfield, he led the Rams to their 1st NFL Championship, won Rookie of the Year & Most Valuable Player and the NFL Championship 1945, he also kicked 31 extra points.

Honorable mention. Fearsome Foursome, it is impossible to separate Jones, Geier, Olsen and Lundy so they collectively win it.

#2. Jack Youngblood, was the guy that led the Rams through a decade and on a broken leg at that. He was why we went to games.

Honorable mention. Jack Hacksaw Reynolds, as nasty a defender in the history of the Rams, but a heart of gold off the field.

#3. Eric Dickerson, anyone that watched the Rams after he was drafted in 1983 knew he was special. The long legged beast was a man among boys.

Honorable mention. Marshall Faulk, how can you have Eric and not mention Marshall, Marshall, Marshall in the Greatest Show on Turf.

#4. Jackie Slater, for 20 years all he did was be a standup guy brusing defensive linemean and backers. The mold was broke, my favorite lineman ever.

Honorable mention. Orlando Pace, from when we drafted him from Ohio State he protected the backside of our QBs all the way to a Super Bowl.

This was a very hard assignment, I love the Rams and for each player that has given sweat and blood for the horns, I will never forget what you gave us from Cleveland to LA to St Louis. Thanks Guys:suds::yahoo: