• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams ink former Jaguars TE Zach Potter

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys: Snead has done it again. We signed Ex-Jags TE Zach Potter a rather large tight-end who spent the last 6 seasons with Jacksonville. This dude is on the huge side at 6'7, 275lbs. Lance Kendricks better not rest on his laurels.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read today that he was to replace Matt Mulligan who was released on March 23rd. So I think Lance is okay for now.

The article said Zach was retained as a blocking TE (Has like 6 catches total in 4 years, something like that) but is a pretty good ST player.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Vita. I saw that this morning. I think it is a very good pick-up and our O is getting pretty good on paper at least.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys: Snead has done it again.

You guys are really in deep love for with this guy aren't you. What did he do here that is so amazing? This is like when some of you guys try to drape Fisher with credit for cutting Titus Young when 30 other teams didn't even bother to sniff him after the Lions cut him.

I just had to get that off my chest. Rams fans are cool, but funny sometimes.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Rob. We Rams fans have been in a deep hole for nearly a decade an a half after reaching and winning the superbowl back in 1999. A dysfunctional FO led to numerous blown drafts, a talent vacuum, and poor to stupid coaching staffs.

You go through that for 15 or so years and you then we get a pretty good GM and Head Coach who make a series of pretty good decisions that lead to wins and you think it is nearly the second coming. You have to remember that the Rams were the worst franchise in the NFL for a stretch for nearly five years. One can get a complex with that kind of association.

It can look somewhat bizarre from the outside but what I just explained has a lot to do with it. But we Rams fans are a balls-to-the-wall bunch and the overwhelming majority of us are lifelong fans. Sooo, if that is a little "funny", I am all in.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you are talking to a Lions fan here. I have always kinda paid attention to the Rams because they were the only team over the past decade with as much misfortune as us. There's been a lot of fate involved in our recent drafts too. If Bradford comes out early do the Lions still take Stafford or do they take Bradford? Would the Rams have ended up with Stafford? And if they had then the Rams surely would have taken Suh the following year. Can you imagine that, Stafford and Suh on the Rams and Bradford getting sacked 75 times a year in Detroit? So I like following the Rams. Lions fans have eternally optomisitc fans too. At least you guys had your Super Bowl era.

I like your defense a lot. Offense is fuzzy. I think you'll draft a new QB in next years draft.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Rob! We actually had that exchange when we were all over on SeeBS. Many of us wanted Suh and there were just as many who wanted Bradford. But you are right on about sthe witch of Stafford and Suh for Bradford that could have happened. But as history as illuminated, things worked out pretty good for both franchises.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted DonkeyKong Suh. I didn't want Bradford. I didn't want a QB that has no wheels on a team with a bad O-line and no WR's. It was pointless.

I wanted Suh, then Andy Dalton or Jake Locker or any other QB the following year with WHEELS! Ask anyone.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Suh, then Andy Dalton or Jake Locker or any other QB the following year with WHEELS! Ask anyone.

If the rams had Dalton or Jake Locker on there roster that would NOT be an improvement over Bradford... I think everyone forgets Bradford won rookie of the year in 2010.. Had a sophomore slump then had just a decent 3rd year. The guy has been dealt one of the worst O-lines in the league with absolutely ZERO weapons since he's entered the league. On top of that he has had 3 different O-Coordinators in 3 different years, so a new system every year since he has been drafted.. Bradford is way more talented than Dalton and Locker. If you took AJ Green away from Dalton he would be terrible.. and Locker is one of the least accurate Qbs in the league

If you thought the Rams are in bad shape now i couldn't even imagine how big of a laughing stock they would be if they had Dalton or Locker as there QB

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know, because Bradford has been so solid. Or know that's right, he would have been great but his cast has just been so bad.

Andy Dalton is a pretty good QB with wheels.

Jake Locker is a hell of an athlete with wheels and needs to improve for sure.

If you are going to draft a QB with No O-line, you will be better off with one that has wheels. :thumb:

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob, retro was right about long time in the dumps with the Rams, we want change and to improve for sure. I understand the Lions history also, the first game I ever saw was the Rams and Lions in the Coliseum back in 1960. By the way, I saw Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, Leroy Kelly, Tony Dorsett, Walter Peyton and a number of other great backs and for my money, the two greatest RBs of all time was Eric Dickerson and Barry Sanders. Oh yea about Titus Young, a talent except in between the ears, Fisher had to take a look and why not? Enjoy your posts.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ76. If I remember correctly I was on that bandwagon too. I remember howling for Andy Dalton or Locker. I like that Dalton kid. Quietly he can get the job done and he has some great wheels. I like his arm too. Like I stated, very quietly getting the job done.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Suh and I wanted Locker from Washington. Never really thought that much about Dalton, I was wrong about that though. You know the Bengals expect Dalton to take them up to the next level and inside the organization they expect it, if it doesn't hmmmmmmm!, think about that.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton has alot of weapons on offense no doubt, but he's a tough kid from Houston and even the Texans are hating that they didn't draft this kid. He's a good player and will be very good next year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ76: I am having trouble reading your posts because I am laughing so hard when I see that sheep emoticon!!! LOLOL!! Too funny. Just kidding!!