• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from the Athletic about Day 1

Receivers Van Jefferson, Ben Skowronek and Cooper Kupp were either limited or non-participants in spring practices, but all of them were full participants in Wednesday’s practice. Kupp and Jefferson worked with athletic trainers on a specific warm-up before the day fully started.

Veteran right tackle Rob Havenstein has stressed that along the offensive line there is competition for every spot. But two specific position battles that have already clearly heated up are at left tackle, where Joe Noteboom and Alaric Jackson will rotate to determine the starter there, and center, where Coleman Shelton and Brian Allen have rotated since the spring.

Jackson mostly took starting reps at left tackle in the spring, other than the last week of OTAs (he was excused for personal reasons), while Noteboom was a limited participant as he continued to heal from an Achilles tear suffered last season.

• With Hunter Long on PUP (groin), more spotlight will be on Brycen Hopkins as he tries to take command of the TE2 spot. One name I keep hearing positive mutterings about is rookie fifth-round pick Davis Allen … his progress will be closely monitored by coaches while Long is not able to participate. Ideally, the Rams would be able to get Long, a player packaged into the spring trade that sent star cornerback Jalen Ramsey to the Dolphins, back on the field quickly but soft-tissue injuries can be fickle.

Speaking of this position, TE1 Tyler Higbee had one of the better catches of the day on a mid-range front-corner end zone pass from Stafford during 11-on-11 drills.

• If the reserve quarterback rotation continues the way it did Wednesday, it would imply that free-agent acquisition quarterback Brett Rypien and fourth-round rookie Stetson Bennett are competing for the QB2 role. Now, nothing is truly that binary (especially this early in training camp). Rypien knows the system from his experience in Denver and players have to get solid work in with a quarterback who speaks the language of the offense already; the Rams drafted Bennett to eventually become their backup. Rotations, as Sean McVay has reiterated, will be frequent all over the roster as camp continues — but it’s a detail to keep an eye on throughout camp. Both players will also likely get plenty of preseason minutes.

Bennett, however, had one of the highlights of the day along with receiver Demarcus Robinson, whom the Rams signed this spring.

When working with the reserves (which can include a variety of second- and third-string players depending on the rotation) in 11-on-11 drills, the defensive line got pressure against Bennett’s protection and he went out-of-structure to buy time, gesturing as he did so to Robinson to keep extending his route downfield. Bennett unfurled a deep pass in Robinson’s direction while on the move. Robinson jumped high and made a mid-air adjustment to the ball to pluck it away from cornerback Tre Hodges-Tomlinson’s grasp (and over the top of him).

• The eye-test of size/length difference between veteran cornerback Ahkello Witherspoon and the other cornerbacks who got time with the first-team defense is significant. Witherspoon is one of the few corners on the roster (and among the potential starters) who is above six feet tall.

• It’s rare that non-Donald defensive linemen get noticed much before the pads go on, but Williams drew loud praise from teammates and coaches for penetration he got up the middle of the offensive line near the end of the practice. Defensive tackle Larrell Murchison also got what would have been a sack against Bennett if the quarterbacks were allowed to get hit.

• A few assistant coaches and teammates held their breath for a moment as Kupp, who was sidelined mid-2022 with a high ankle sprain and had surgery, hit the grass hard on a contested end zone ball. The Stafford pass to Kupp was broken up as the two defensive players battling for it — safeties Russ Yeast and Tanner Ingle — kept contesting the ball even as all players crashed to the ground.

• Three lesser-known players who could merit keeping a closer eye on as camp continues: Ingle, inside linebacker Kelechi Anyalebechi (who manned a command position with the reserve defensive groups) and safety Rashad Torrence. Torrence had a pick-six that ended the day’s practice and he and a few teammates sprinted into the opposite end zone, dropped to the grass and pretended to make snow angels.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way this guy should be fighting fir anything because he should have been playing major minutes LAST year. Now there are a boatload of receivers in camp.

Yeah, and people think Naqua
There is no way this guy should be fighting fir anything because he should have been playing major minutes LAST year. Now there are a boatload of receivers in camp.

Yeah, and people think Nacua is going to make a difference this season.

He would have to beat Lance’s preseason stats from last year to even have a remote thought in McVay’s brain.

McVay never bothered playing McCutcheon when Stafford was healthy and they had some semblance of an offense.

What makes people think Nacua will be any different?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALR: I am quite sure the Rams have enough RBs and won't go after this done dude. I was being facetious but your point is correct.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Rams knew something the rest of the league didn't.

And what did we know that the league didnt? I don't quite get it, looks like it happened guarding TY Hill during practice. When you haven't balled in a while those things can happen....just glad it didn't happen while he was a ram.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No!

Taylor has way too many miles on those legs when you factor in his college usage.

He is going to be an injury risk the rest of his career.
I'm not sure where you guys are getting your data from but a 24 yr old rb that ran over 1k yds in 2/3 seasons is not done. I will agree that the rams shouldnt give up a 1st for him (3rd or 5th) but clearly he would be better than anthing we have trodded out the last cpl of years. Hmmm... Behind Akers who do we have? Please don't tell me Kyren Williams is the next best thing as this guy isn't even 200lbs and rather slow. He's shown nothing along with Rivers. I guess we can be fine with Michel..

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of. I don't know who is the real influence in selecting a RB like Williams but this obsession with tiny RBs who get hurt way more than the average has got to go. I know McShitferBrains likes tiny Tutu Atwell over McCutcheon which still makes no sense, but whoever it is, they have to be let go. Look at the rave reviews Avila is getting because due in part the dude is huge AND nasty.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weatherford can play but he was released by the Rams today because he failed his physical. Apparently his playing days may be over.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the list of veteran RBs the Rams are rumored to be considering to fill Michel's roster spot:
Ezekiel Elliott
Kareem Hunt
Leonard Fournette
Darrell Henderson
Dontrell Hilliard
Malcolm Brown

This list is not exhaustive but I vote for Hunt who is still young, is not coming off of an injury, and is relatively cheap. He is also a Michel-type back in size and skills.

Brown and Henderson are ex-Rams but both are either old or coming off injuries. The rest are either too expensive, old, and/or coming off injuries!

We did draft Zach Evans who may be the guy to go with the much bigger Akers. We shall see how this plays out.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD likes this guy. He better be good because Jay Gruden says the Rams D have shipped-out much of AD's help and the D this year will struggle with stoppages. Typical McShitferBrains.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the backs available, we go with Royce Freeman. Much bigger, (6', 240 lbs), but I don't know if any better. Former third rounder for the Broncos.

So I googled injures and what’s wrong with Royce Freeman and the results were interesting.

I remember this cat as a freshman at Oregon when he was a stud.

Not much on the injury front. Not alot of Carries last few years either but the biggest thing that jumped out at me was the garbage teams he was on.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the "getting-bigger" idea is starting to catch on with the Rams and it appears to be facilitated by other new coaches who see things differently than perhaps the ShitfirBrains twins.

Apparently Coach Gould may have found an under-used big back in Freeman that could get us way bigger in the running game.