• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shift in the Rams identity came after McVay accidentally overheard what the FANS were saying about him and the Rams after the third loss in-a-row against the Packers. He heard about the Jumbo, he heard about the laziness and loss of identity, he heard how angry and disgusted the Rams Fans were with his ridiculous playing-calling and total emphasis on the pass at the forgetting of the running game, he heard about what the rest of the league thought of his "SOFT" team and it floored him.

Because McVay doesn't watch or listen to anybody's opinion of him, he got way more than he wasn't even looking for and it rocked-him back into a reality check. The next week against the Jaguars after the Rams displayed a new approach of balance including running a lot of the Jumbo and getting everyone involved all game long, Urban Meyer confirmed what McVay experienced in a happenstance podcast in the week prior to that game.

And the difference this all made is a new team of players who are playing smashmouth but calculated football, almost surgeon-like precision football, the kind of football all of us here were hoping for after McSnead rid the team of babies. It is good to see the Rams back where they belong and I sense that we are headed back to where we all wished for after the 2018 season.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shift in the Rams identity came after McVay accidentally overheard what the FANS were saying about him and the Rams after the third loss in-a-row against the Packers. He heard about the Jumbo, he heard about the laziness and loss of identity, he heard how angry and disgusted the Rams Fans were with his ridiculous playing-calling and total emphasis on the pass at the forgetting of the running game, he heard about what the rest of the league thought of his "SOFT" team and it floored him.

Because McVay doesn't watch or listen to anybody's opinion of him, he got way more than he wasn't even looking for and it rocked-him back into a reality check. The next week against the Jaguars after the Rams displayed a new approach of balance including running a lot of the Jumbo and getting everyone involved all game long, Urban Meyer confirmed what McVay experienced in a happenstance podcast in the week prior to that game.

And the difference this all made is a new team of players who are playing smashmouth but calculated football, almost surgeon-like precision football, the kind of football all of us here were hoping for after McSnead rid the team of babies. It is good to see the Rams back where they belong and I sense that we are headed back to where we all wished for after the 2018 season.
Yep, did you guys see the stat in last nights game?

Previous 75 games, McVay had never used 6 OL ( to run the jumbo ).

Last 2 games, he has used it 16 or 18 times.

That is a change in the right direction. Let’s hope he doesn’t revert back the other way.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a change in the right direction. Let’s hope he doesn’t revert back the other way.
I saw a few stats.... like the stat where the Rams won the turnover battle 2-1. (It's actually 2-0 but just because the statistician doesn't count the Rams blown onside kick coverage as a turnover, I still do, and so does everyone else with eyeballs!)

But as far as stats go, the Rams lost the majority of them, and despite the victory, that is still concerning...

They lost...
  • TOP by ~2 minutes
  • Total Plays by 21!
  • Total Net Yards by 91 yards
There were some others too but they won the most important one..
  • The Final Score
The good news...
  • Matt, on the National Stage, looked like the guy we all wanted in the trade with Detroit!
  • The Special Teams played pretty damned good last night save the Redbirds final KO.
  • The penalties were low once again.
  • Sony was a monster.
  • Von was masterful!
  • 99 was a beast from the first snap to the last snap and everything in between!
  • Oh and hey... Sean called a great game.
All in all with the near flawless way the Rams played last night, I would have expected to see a larger margin of victory. So for me the BBDB Defense is still troublesome, however those timely defensive turnovers saved their bacon.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both of you. BattleLyon, in light of watching Borjo-boy when we played GB just eat us alive, I am leaning toward that conclusion as well. Hekker just has not responded in the way he should have when the Rams trusted him enough to send Borjo-boy to the Packers for a sixth rounder. He should be having his best year ever but he is fading again. No AD-like year for the ex-high school QB this year.

Vita, great post as usual. Floyd had a fabulous game with an INT and many disruptive plays to get their offense off-kilter. Gaines is quietly having a pretty darn good year. Kudos to Kendall Blanton for having a fabulous game and hats-off to OBJ. Since he's been with the Rams, he is not the man he was elsewhere. Even though the O-line gave-up three sacks, they are playing at a consistent and fabulous level recently even with Shelton at Center and both Noteboom and Bobby Evans filling in for covid absences and being the O-lineman eligible with the Jumbo.

The NEW McVAY IS CALLING GAMES WAY BETTER. I hope he continues down that path. I love how he has become all-inclusive and well-balance minded. Running the Jumbo and the running game has taken all the pressure off Stafford early in the game. The new Stafford is becoming more precision-like making great decisions and pinpoint passes. Michel is doing very well and what can anyone say about Kupp/OBJ/ Jefferson/Blanton that is lights-out like all four are playing.

Man it is fun again watching these Rams. And maybe just maybe we may get back to the bowl to win it all THIS YEAR!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 years ago on Monday Night Football, I watched this game between the Rams and Redskins and at halftime it featured Kids Punt, Pass, Kick competition. Andy Reid, yes that Andy Reid, won the regional competition. He was a huge kid at 13 and the Rams had to borrow Les Josephson's jersey because they couldn't find a kids' size big enough for Reid. True Story.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Pete Prisco at CBS? the Rams beat the Cardinals at home and this dummy drops them from 6 to 9 in his power ranking. :noidea:
Did you see my post on this??

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was doing research on something and came across this on Turfshowtimes.

Eastern Washington WR Cooper Kupp, Pick No. 69 overall (Round 3)​

Oh boy! They actually did it; they drafted the way over-hyped Cooper Kupp. It's not that I don't think Kupp is a good player, because he really is. But he's coming from a system that inflates stats. So his number are impressive but they're kind of expected when you start four years in that kind of system. Kupp is a smart player with some decent route running skills. He's solid, but unspectacular. I've heard people compare him to former Rams WR Ricky Proehl. While Proehl did play 17 years, and that’s nothing to shrug at, he finished his career with less than 9000 yards. Over 17 yrs and you can't break 9k and certainly not 10k, then you were nothing special, just respected.

I compared Kupp pre-draft to WR Pierre Garcon. This is an absolute best case scenario. Pierre Garcon is not a feared number one target. But he is a top of the line number two. He makes his living eating teams alive on intermediate routes. This is Kupp's best case scenario, however, I question if he will even be Garcon. His ceiling is extremely low, and we may have already seen the best that we will see from him, meaning he's pretty much already what he's going to be. He does bring the security and reliability that this team lacks which certainly helps the grade. He was also drafted within the range he belonged, I had him as a mid-late third round but thought he might go between picks 70 and 80. However, the Rams likely will still need a go to receiver this time next year. And there were better options with more talent and upside on the board.

Grade: B

And then there was this in the same article.

Texas A&M WR Josh Reynolds, Pick No. 117 overall (Round 4)​

Finally a pick with great value. Reynolds probably should have been gone about 20-25 picks sooner. A solid deep threat who is tougher than he looks and will go over the middle and make the tough catch, Reynolds beings height and jumping ability. He's an instant red-zone threat. Considering he tracks the deep ball as well as anyone, will make tough catches, and is a red-zone threat, don't be surprised if he's getting more third option targets than people might expect. I know it appears to be a foregone conclusion after WRs Tavon Austin and Robert Woods, that Kupp will be the third option, but he's more likely to split those reps than people think. A fiery receiver like Reynolds, who happens to be physically more talented will not lay down without a fight for targets. The fact they traded down and gained a pick helps. His occasional case of drops is all that keeps this from an A.

Grade: A-

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Part of that may have been due to the TE position being down to the 3rd and 4th options.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both of you. BattleLyon, in light of watching Borjo-boy when we played GB just eat us alive, I am leaning toward that conclusion as well. Hekker just has not responded in the way he should have when the Rams trusted him enough to send Borjo-boy to the Packers for a sixth rounder. He should be having his best year ever but he is fading again. No AD-like year for the ex-high school QB this year.

Watching the Bills with their new punter this year has made me wonder why they let Bojorquez get away in the first place. Both of my teams let him go, lol.