• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rak extension still in the works ?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Rak doing it at this point. I really can't see the FO giving him top money for his position, which I'm sure Rak's agent is telling him he can get. The only reason why it might happen is that it can free up some cap space this year for us. I still only give it 30-40% chance of happening.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have been talking about doing it for a few months now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Rak doing it at this point. I really can't see the FO giving him top money for his position, which I'm sure Rak's agent is telling him he can get. The only reason why it might happen is that it can free up some cap space this year for us. I still only give it 30-40% chance of happening.

i think it is for cap reasons :hope:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy Rak makes our defense better. A resigned Rak makes our cap situation better. Whats not to like?? Is he the best pass rushing OLB in the NFL, probably not. But if he were to be released, he would be out of work for maybe a few hours before some team claimed him off waivers. And I would prefer we get this done now instead of waiting until next year when he will likely either cost more long term, or we end up tagging him and that would hurt the over all long term outlook of the team.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a calculated risk. If they are working on it I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Rak said he wants an extension. Team could use the cap space. Otherwise they go into this year with less than 2 million for a cushion. And that's not good.

I'd actually be surprised if it doesn't happen. And if it doesn't, someone unexpected with a large cap figure will be cut.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a calculated risk. If they are working on it I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Rak said he wants an extension. Team could use the cap space. Otherwise they go into this year with less than 2 million for a cushion. And that's not good.

I'd actually be surprised if it doesn't happen. And if it doesn't, someone unexpected with a large cap figure will be cut.

That would be carriker.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be carriker.

Right now Carriker wouldn't be a shocker to me because he is still injured. If he were healthy, and playing like he did two years ago, and we cut him for cap reasons I would be shocked. But right now, as the old adage goes, you cant make roster from the rehab table. A healthy Carriker makes this team better. An injured Carriker just takes up a roster spot. If he isnt healthy by week two of camp, he starts the season on the PUP... just in case. But if he isnt ready to go by week four of the preseason, he loses his roster spot straight out to Merlin or Tapp. We are just too tight on the roster to carry a pricey injured guy.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know almost all will disagree with me, but I can see a scenario where moss doesn't make this team, either. He comes in a step slow and hank and Robinson have stellar camps, he could be in jeopardy. It's a long shot, but not out of the question.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Moss taking a paycut to stay, that would be a surprise if he were to be cut IMO.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know almost all will disagree with me, but I can see a scenario where moss doesn't make this team, either. He comes in a step slow and hank and Robinson have stellar camps, he could be in jeopardy. It's a long shot, but not out of the question.

I could see it, except for the fact that Moss is one of the few WRs that RG3 trusts without hesitation. If he see's Moss has even a hint of open, that's where the ball is going. Hank doesn't have it when it matters (yet) and Robinson to this point has proven to be a one trick pony. You got to have that guy on the roster that your QB trusts to make the catch in the snow, with three DBs all around him and the ref looking to give the game to the other team. So far that guy IS MOSS.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was definitely that guy last year. I think Davis has the potential to pick some of that up. I recognize that moss will more than likely be on this team and contribute 30-40 receptions. But this is probably his last year with us. If they see something in the young guys, it might speed that up.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was definitely that guy last year. I think Davis has the potential to pick some of that up. I recognize that moss will more than likely be on this team and contribute 30-40 receptions. But this is probably his last year with us. If they see something in the young guys, it might speed that up.

I agree this is likely his last year on the roster. But I think you can pretty much pencil him in as making roster unless he has health issues, or Hank or Robinson totally blow up in camp and preseason.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

aldrick robinson or hankerson could suprise . even dawson :noidea:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aldrick robinson or hankerson could suprise . even dawson :noidea:

Agreed, but they would be just that. A surprise. We know what we get from Moss. Which aint half bad. I know people want to say he is too old, and we need to keep the young guys over him. But at some point, winning has to beat youth. Otherwise you end up cutting good players simply to get younger. So unless one of these guys straight outplays Moss, I hope like hel we dont make the call to keep them or play them just for the sake of youth.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I wouldn't be mad if we re-signed Orakpo. We are doing things old-school keeping veterans as long as we can.

2.If Moss were to be cut, (which I agree is possible) Hankerson/Robinson could thrive in the slot. I doubt it though.
I really hope he is here one more year.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santana is a redskin period. I'm all for the putting the best 53 man unit out there and I see no scenario he's not part that. I want him in the locker room and unlike Cooley at the end still has gas in the tank. Moss has proven he loves this organization and deserves one more year here IMO. Griffin seems like Moss is his security blanket and that's good enough for me.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
moss is still our second best wr until hank or morgan or aldrick decide to step up.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree this is likely his last year on the roster. But I think you can pretty much pencil him in as making roster unless he has health issues, or Hank or Robinson totally blow up in camp and preseason.

The only problem with that is - as we all know - what they do in preseason really doesn't mean much. We know that both of those guys have talent & potential. However - we don't know if they will still possible fall short due to factors such as drops.