• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders Signed Brown

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming from a Raider fan, what's the scoop on Brown's ability? I know you might be pissed at him currently for jumping ship, but what can we expect?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Coming from a Raider fan, what's the scoop on Brown's ability?

Diminishing. Watch the 2012 NFC Championship game 49ers VS Falcons if you want the scoop on him.

But the Raiders got him for cheap, so it's actually not a bad signing for 'em.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Coming from a Raider fan, what's the scoop on Brown's ability? I know you might be pissed at him currently for jumping ship, but what can we expect?

I think he's a bit underrated by a lot of Niners fans. He's been a solid cover guy. He's not spectacular in any one area, but he's good across the board. I think he's a nice pickup for the Raiders. He's a starter in the league.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a solid, steady corner. No big ups or downs and he's a solid citizen.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a bit underrated by a lot of Niners fans. He's been a solid cover guy. He's not spectacular in any one area, but he's good across the board. I think he's a nice pickup for the Raiders. He's a starter in the league.

I agree with all this

Gotta think this is pretty much the end of the road for him though. How often does a middling player pushing 30 sign a one year deal and then have enough of an impact to get a solid contract the next year? I bet he plays 1, maybe 2 more years, tops.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is it possible he mis-read another contract? :noidea:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to see him go, but I wouldn't have been happy if SF upped the offer from what they'd already presented to him.

Now SF just needs to make sure they don't resign Rogers!

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

this sums it up

stilla9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is betting on himself having a good season so he can cash out on his next contract. Well good luck to him on that! He'll be facing the nfc west this season and also facing Rivers, Manning and Smith. Better hope that D-line improves before the season starts.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown isn't smart. He takes a 1 year deal worth less then what we were giving him plus we gave him 3 years. I guess he is hoping the market is better next year. I don't see that happen since this year CB class broke the record for money spent on CBs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he is a starter. He is a avg CB. This does hurt the 49ers. Lets just hope we draft Dennard or Gilbert.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown isn't smart. He takes a 1 year deal worth less then what we were giving him plus we gave him 3 years. I guess he is hoping the market is better next year. I don't see that happen since this year CB class broke the record for money spent on CBs.

Length of contract doesn't mean anything in the NFL like the other sports leagues. I seriously doubt if the entire contract was a guaranteed 3 and 10 he would have signed with the Raiders. 3 and 10 sounds about even with what the Raiders offered, but I believe Brown had an issue with the way the deal was structured.

He probably would have gotten less in his first year than what is reported since we're in a bit of a crunch with the cap right now and Brown mentioned he's guaranteed the starting job with the Raiders which sounds like it was an issue in talks with the 49ers.

I'll miss Brown as I think he's also underrated, but I'm sick and tired of seeing our secondary fall apart in the last two years playoffs and it's time to turn that secondary over.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Length of contract doesn't mean anything in the NFL like the other sports leagues. I seriously doubt if the entire contract was a guaranteed 3 and 10 he would have signed with the Raiders. 3 and 10 sounds about even with what the Raiders offered, but I believe Brown had an issue with the way the deal was structured.

He probably would have gotten less in his first year than what is reported since we're in a bit of a crunch with the cap right now and Brown mentioned he's guaranteed the starting job with the Raiders which sounds like it was an issue in talks with the 49ers.

I'll miss Brown as I think he's also underrated, but I'm sick and tired of seeing our secondary fall apart in the last two years playoffs and it's time to turn that secondary over.

Right. TB got $3.5M gtd for one year from the Raiders. Maiocco reported we offered TB 3 for $10M. There isn't any details about what was gtd in our offer. TB gets probably more in this one year than what we would have given him. He gets to do it all over again next year and probably gets another signing bonus. I don't see a problem with that approach.