• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders sign...lol...Trent Richardson

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess here's my point.

If they are perennial losers every year, why don't they just save their money and build the roster through the draft? Seems like a waste of coin to pay an over the hill player a shit ton of money if it still means that they will end up a loser

The NFL has made it where that is not a choice they can make. A team must spend so much over a 3-year period otherwise face some very very stiff penalties. The other problem for the Raiders is those draft picks that have actually been worth a contract refuse to sign with them once their rookie contracts are up. A great example is that of Wisniewski this year. He pretty much told the world that he would take a deal worth $3 million a year rather than sign with the Raiders at $5 million a year. His value has gone up some since he said that but it just goes to show that players want out of Oakland as fast as they can. So when that happens where you cannot invest in your own homegrown talent then you have to go digging from the bargain bin of FA and then overpay for older guys to come fill out the roster and meet the Cap Spending Floor.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really he was only going to get 3.1 from the colts seems he may get a million if he wins the blame game .
i mean for a guy his age, picked #3 overall

hes what, 23/24?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean for a guy his age, picked #3 overall

hes what, 23/24?

The issue though is not where he was picked or age. The issue is what can he do on the field? So far he has shown didley squat but is still getting paid decent money compared to his production. So you saying pennies on the dollar is not quite right. Production wise the guy should be out of the league. Draft position wise you are right it is pennies on the dollar.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're scrambling to try to replace MJD's production.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're scrambling to try to replace MJD's production.
LOL

the old marion butts, the patriot kind of numbers

one of the ugliest ive seen as a full time starting back

1994 patriots

243 carries/703 yards (yes, thats 2.89 per carry)

his best day that year?

18 carries/82 yards, 2 scores in week 2.

garbage from there on out...and i was excited to get the guy too...like i was for blair fucking thomas.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has made it where that is not a choice they can make. A team must spend so much over a 3-year period otherwise face some very very stiff penalties. The other problem for the Raiders is those draft picks that have actually been worth a contract refuse to sign with them once their rookie contracts are up. A great example is that of Wisniewski this year. He pretty much told the world that he would take a deal worth $3 million a year rather than sign with the Raiders at $5 million a year. His value has gone up some since he said that but it just goes to show that players want out of Oakland as fast as they can. So when that happens where you cannot invest in your own homegrown talent then you have to go digging from the bargain bin of FA and then overpay for older guys to come fill out the roster and meet the Cap Spending Floor.

Do you know the penalties for teams if they don't reach their cap min? This, along with the short term nature of contracts nowawadays, could be the beginning of a 'rich get richer-poor get poorer' situation in the league.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know the penalties for teams if they don't reach their cap min? This, along with the short term nature of contracts nowawadays, could be the beginning of a 'rich get richer-poor get poorer' situation in the league.

Pretty much this: Nobody knows, but it's not going to be pretty.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well right now here is my guess for penalties...The first is (and I know this one to be true) the team would have to fork over any extra money that would get them to the 89% minimum floor over the past 3-years. So lets say Oakland is $30 million below...they have to give that to the NFLPA to spend how they see fit. I would also guess the NFL would then dish out some punishment in the form of draft picks. Not sure how high of a penalty they would go but 31 owners complying with the CBA agreement and 1 not my guess is the other 31 would not be happy and would want some pretty stiff penalties handed down to deter any other owner from violating the CBA.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F signing. Why they are signing Richardson for any more than the league minimum has me lost. Telling me of all the free agents you can give money too to make a cap min you give it to Richardson?

Jesus.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be competing with Helu for the backup position.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like they are bringing him in to start like the Colts did.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess here's my point.

If they are perennial losers every year, why don't they just save their money and build the roster through the draft? Seems like a waste of coin to pay an over the hill player a shit ton of money if it still means that they will end up a loser
Doesn't the CBA require teams to spend 80% of the cap? If so, then pay some wash ups to get butts in the seats while you rebuild. 8-8 purgatory is what you are really trying to avoid