• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders sign...lol...Trent Richardson

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
al davis is clawing his way out of the ground as we speak.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is real news people!

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn smart move by Richardson IMO.

Kid is going to need playing time to prove that he can be a bell cow again. And there is no better place in the NFL to find playing time than the completely talentless Raider's squad.

Hell at this point he actually might be their #1 offensive playmaker. And sadly that isn't much of an exaggeration at all.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn smart move by Richardson IMO.

Kid is going to need playing time to prove that he can be a bell cow again. And there is no better place in the NFL to find playing time than the completely talentless Raider's squad.

Hell at this point he actually might be their #1 offensive playmaker. And sadly that isn't much of an exaggeration at all.
behind that line?
its career suicide.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holee shit McKenzie. Didn't Ted Thompson teach you anything??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a 2-year $3.9 million contract with another $100,000 that can be earn in incentives.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pennies on the dollar.

See I thought the deal was way too much. I would have signed him to the vet minimum and then put a ton of incentives in the contract to make him actually have to earn some of his money. The guy has been one of the worst RB's in the NFL over the past 2-years yet he is still paid as a top-24 RB in the NFL. There are a lot of teams he would maybe be the 4th string RB on.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I thought the deal was way too much. I would have signed him to the vet minimum and then put a ton of incentives in the contract to make him actually have to earn some of his money. The guy has been one of the worst RB's in the NFL over the past 2-years yet he is still paid as a top-24 RB in the NFL. There are a lot of teams he would maybe be the 4th string RB on.
its his age and his draft number.

people are still in love with his age and draft number...and the physique he had at alabama.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's actually a little less than what Helu signed in OAK for.....and I don't think anyone is confusing him as a starter. Same deal that Dengelo Williams got too to go sit on the bench in pitt too. That really is backup money these days.

The only contract signed so far this year that was smaller than Richardson was McFadden actually and we all know he did it with the hopes that the Cowboys OL can block him all the way to a legit pay day.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do tend to doubt Trent is better than Latavius Murray from what I have seen of both of them. I think people will hear a lot more about Latavius pretty soon. I think Latavius will do very well if the abysmal run blocking for Oakland even improves to average- and it's already been upgraded significantly by adding Rodney Hudson.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are sold on "rebuilding" by signing older players as opposed to drafting?
Nope- never said that. Just questioning if Ted Thompson wouldn't do something similar if the Packers were a bottomfeeder- which they aren't and won't be for quite some time. This is the 3rd GB disciple to be a bit generous in this FA period now with McCloughan, Dorsey, and McKenzie. Only Schneider of Seattle has been mum on FA- and he just traded a 1st round pick and a well-regarded center for Jimmy Graham. The Packers just happen to have over 20 years of stability on their side I'd argue.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are sold on "rebuilding" by signing older players as opposed to drafting?

McKenzie is in a new territory that never happened in Green Bay. With the Raiders having so much Cap Space and being so much below the cash spending floor that is allowed by the NFL they had no choice but to go out and spend big like they have on mediocre players so far. The Packers have never been in that type of situation. So I think McKenzie would love to get to the Green Bay model of things but at this point the roster is so void of talent and has so much money to spend that their owner honestly just doesn't have that they are in a very bad spot.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope- never said that. Just questioning if Ted Thompson wouldn't do something similar if the Packers were a bottomfeeder- which they aren't and won't be for quite some time. This is the 3rd GB disciple to be a bit generous in this FA period now with McCloughan, Dorsey, and McKenzie. Only Schneider of Seattle has been mum on FA- and he just traded a 1st round pick and a well-regarded center for Jimmy Graham. The Packers just happen to have over 20 years of stability on their side I'd argue.

True that. But they did not get there by blowing their wads on FA every year. I realize that fra
McKenzie is in a new territory that never happened in Green Bay. With the Raiders having so much Cap Space and being so much below the cash spending floor that is allowed by the NFL they had no choice but to go out and spend big like they have on mediocre players so far. The Packers have never been in that type of situation. So I think McKenzie would love to get to the Green Bay model of things but at this point the roster is so void of talent and has so much money to spend that their owner honestly just doesn't have that they are in a very bad spot.

Didn't McKenzie blow a wad last year on FA too? What happened to those players?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that. But they did not get there by blowing their wads on FA every year. I realize that fra

Didn't McKenzie blow a wad last year on FA too? What happened to those players?

Here is the issue. 1) The Raiders owner is actually one of the poorer in the league if I remember right. This means that signing bonuses are not easy to hand out because they have to put that future money into an account. So like with the Dolphins giving Suh $60 million in guaranteed money...that money has to day 1 be put into an account for holding. Rich owners that is just a drop in the bucket but for the poorer owners in the league that is most or all of their cash spending they have for the year.
2) California teams do have a bit of challenge in the California taxes are just ridiculous so players know that taking a cheaper contract elsewhere in the end will still give them more money because of how much less is taken out in taxes.
3) Oakland has been a bottom feeder in the league for years. Players look at it as a place where careers go to die. While they have made a few decent decisions the last year or two they still have an uphill battle to get the top tier players to want to come to Oakland unless Oakland just severely overpays. So what they end up with is many of the overthehill guys knowing this will be their last contract and knowing Oakland is the only place that would pay them that kind of money.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess here's my point.

If they are perennial losers every year, why don't they just save their money and build the roster through the draft? Seems like a waste of coin to pay an over the hill player a shit ton of money if it still means that they will end up a loser

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like something the Raiders would do.