• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rafael Devers Trade

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked you didn't throw Rhys Hoskins into the mix.
I don’t think he’s that wanted. I just figured a 3B going out they would want an MLB starter at 3B. Not sure what the Red Sox have on their farm but I think they have a 22 or 23 year old kid they were looking at to be their 1B. You know though that based on our prior conversations that I wouldn’t think twice about dealing Rhys. I guess you could move Bohm to 1B but I don’t know that Bohm will ever realize his power potential. He had a nice year last year going the other way and putting it in play but that has been a negative for his power growth. If he can’t be a 20-25 HR guy he’s gonna hit 7-9 forever. Not sure I want to invest in him at 1B for that reason. He may be the same defensive liability at 1B Rhys is but not hit 30 HRs

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think he’s that wanted. I just figured a 3B going out they would want an MLB starter at 3B. Not sure what the Red Sox have on their farm but I think they have a 22 or 23 year old kid they were looking at to be their 1B. You know though that based on our prior conversations that I wouldn’t think twice about dealing Rhys. I guess you could move Bohm to 1B but I don’t know that Bohm will ever realize his power potential. He had a nice year last year going the other way and putting it in play but that has been a negative for his power growth. If he can’t be a 20-25 HR guy he’s gonna hit 7-9 forever. Not sure I want to invest in him at 1B for that reason. He may be the same defensive liability at 1B Rhys is but not hit 30 HRs
yeah, I was kind of joking but I think Rhys would be a good fit in Fenway. A bunch of walks, some righthanded power. He could do some damage there. I agree with the assessment on Bohm though. His offensive stats aren't that exciting if he's at first base.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I was kind of joking but I think Rhys would be a good fit in Fenway. A bunch of walks, some righthanded power. He could do some damage there. I agree with the assessment on Bohm though. His offensive stats aren't that exciting if he's at first base.
Devers > Bohm is a very nice upgrade of a position. The question becomes the cost. If they have to give up 2 of the 3 young arms in Painter Abel McGarry then I’m out. I can live with Bohm at 3B being a 7-9 hitter long term and after this season move on from Rhys and shop 1B next off season.

I think the Phil’s should be looking right now to redo Nola on something that approximates 4 years and 110-120 million.