• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Radulov

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he returns, Preds will be scary good.

And then July 1st hits and Radulov, Suter, and Weber want a bit more money. :evil:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Trotz expects Radulov to arrive this week.

still not thrilled with the circumvention needed to get him here just in time for the playoffs.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trotz expects Radulov to arrive this week.

still not thrilled with the circumvention needed to get him here just in time for the playoffs.

It doesn't bother me one bit. Radulov needs to finish the contract he signed to be a Predator. He left them, not the other way around. This isn't the Predators trying to be sneaky or backhanded. They did nothing wrong, Radulov just wanted more money back home.

I also think it sets a good precedent for Russian hockey players. You can leave and go home, but if you ever do want to come back, it's going to be to the team you left and still owe time to.

It sucks for the rest of the WC teams in the playoffs not named Predators, but who knows, a guy like that could have a negative effect on the locker room. The Preds are based on hard work and nobody being bigger than the team.....a bunch of guys work their arses off for 70+ games and then some guy decides he wants to come back from Russia now because his old girlfriend (the Predators) all of a sudden her acne cleared up and traded in her glasses for contacts lenses.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i read correctly Radulov is going back to UFA for next season to honour that KHL contract??? wtf?

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't bother me one bit. Radulov needs to finish the contract he signed to be a Predator. He left them, not the other way around. This isn't the Predators trying to be sneaky or backhanded. They did nothing wrong, Radulov just wanted more money back home.

I also think it sets a good precedent for Russian hockey players. You can leave and go home, but if you ever do want to come back, it's going to be to the team you left and still owe time to.

It sucks for the rest of the WC teams in the playoffs not named Predators, but who knows, a guy like that could have a negative effect on the locker room. The Preds are based on hard work and nobody being bigger than the team.....a bunch of guys work their arses off for 70+ games and then some guy decides he wants to come back from Russia now because his old girlfriend (the Predators) all of a sudden her acne cleared up and traded in her glasses for contacts lenses.

Glasses are cute...

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and now i read that Radulov might have ended up buying out the contract with Ufa in the KHL as they wanted (ransom anyone?) and theres this ... someone paid to get him out ... :L

An unnamed benefactor helped get Radulov to Nashville? Maybe a certain country music star with connections to the team?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and now i read that Radulov might have ended up buying out the contract with Ufa in the KHL as they wanted (ransom anyone?) and theres this ... someone paid to get him out ... :L

An unnamed benefactor helped get Radulov to Nashville? Maybe a certain country music star with connections to the team?

Carrie Underhanded?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so here's a question.. how good is radulov really? does anyone have a player i could compare him to?

about a .5pt/game player over his (brief) NHL career.. prolly gotten a little better with experience in russia.. but making the transition after a couple years in russia might negate that experience.. so you're looking at maybe 5 points in the regular season and if they were to win the cup you're looking at maybe 15 points?

i dno, i could be way off, especially considering i've never seen the guy play, or at least dont remember it.. but that doesn't seem like something that is a HUGE deal.. and i think the NHL had to jump at the opportunity to get someone to 'defect' from the KHL.. so if rules were bent to get him here, it doesn't surprise me, and it's probably the right thing to do

i'm sure i'll feel differently if this ends up being a factor in the flyers run, but as it stands now, it doesn't seem like a massive ordeal :)

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so here's a question.. how good is radulov really? does anyone have a player i could compare him to?

about a .5pt/game player over his (brief) NHL career.. prolly gotten a little better with experience in russia.. but making the transition after a couple years in russia might negate that experience.. so you're looking at maybe 5 points in the regular season and if they were to win the cup you're looking at maybe 15 points?

i dno, i could be way off, especially considering i've never seen the guy play, or at least dont remember it.. but that doesn't seem like something that is a HUGE deal.. and i think the NHL had to jump at the opportunity to get someone to 'defect' from the KHL.. so if rules were bent to get him here, it doesn't surprise me, and it's probably the right thing to do

i'm sure i'll feel differently if this ends up being a factor in the flyers run, but as it stands now, it doesn't seem like a massive ordeal :)

He got .5ppg in a stifling, defensive first system as a very young player. He's a very good skater, has good hands and has a rocket for a shot. He's also got a mean streak in him and can be slightly dirty. Whether he fits in on the team now is a great question, but don't go off of stats alone. He's a really talented player.

As far as comparables, I'd say he's a left handed Kovalchuk-Lite.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got .5ppg in a stifling, defensive first system as a very young player. He's a very good skater, has good hands and has a rocket for a shot. He's also got a mean streak in him and can be slightly dirty. Whether he fits in on the team now is a great question, but don't go off of stats alone. He's a really talented player.

well he's still gunna be in that stifling, defensive first system.. though i suppose 20 points for the preds goes further than 40 points for other teams.. if thats what you mean

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
radulov is a magician ... he managed to fool the Penguins into thinking Angelo Esposito was a first round pick :)

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he's still gunna be in that stifling, defensive first system.. though i suppose 20 points for the preds goes further than 40 points for other teams.. if thats what you mean

I'm not sure if he's gotten better or worse since he's gone to Russia. I'm not sure if he'll fit in well with the Preds this time around. What I'm saying is, he achieved those totals between the ages of 21 and 22 years old playing on a defense-first team with far less talent around him than he would have now. I also have the PPG clip to be slightly higher when I looked at his stats. He also has 95 points (44 goals and 51 assists) in 145 games played. That would equal out to .655 ppg average.

If he's progressed at all as a player or even matches that oupput on the Preds, they're going to be ever scarier team to face in the playoffs than they are right now.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope for the Preds he's toned down his theatrics when teammates score goals...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if he's gotten better or worse since he's gone to Russia. I'm not sure if he'll fit in well with the Preds this time around. What I'm saying is, he achieved those totals between the ages of 21 and 22 years old playing on a defense-first team with far less talent around him than he would have now. I also have the PPG clip to be slightly higher when I looked at his stats. He also has 95 points (44 goals and 51 assists) in 145 games played. That would equal out to .655 ppg average.

If he's progressed at all as a player or even matches that oupput on the Preds, they're going to be ever scarier team to face in the playoffs than they are right now.

so maybe i rounded :lol:

i dno i guess we'll see.. it'll be interesting to see what kind of impact he has.. my prediction though, its not a big one.. and like i mentioned before, thats 100% out of thin air and based on very little factual knowledge

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he pulls a John Druce or Chris Kontos, the Preds could be in business.

Nashville - Florida Stanley Cup Finals?!?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
if i read correctly Radulov is going back to UFA for next season to honour that KHL contract??? wtf?

he has one more year in the KHL, but has an NHL out clause.
so basically, he will tell the Preds "this is the contract I have in my back pocket. Beat it or I'm gone again"

Filo, I don't blame the Preds on this, they clearly didn't try to hide a top 6 forward in Russia all this time. But what i DO have an issue with is that they apparently needed to get special agreement between NHL and NHLPA to make sure he didn't have to clear waivers.

However, I've heard differing opinion on whether that was necessary, so if it wasn't, then my concern has no leg to stand on.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he pulls a John Druce or Chris Kontos, the Preds could be in business.

Nashville - Florida Stanley Cup Finals?!?

ratings = ..........

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Predators need all the offensive weapons they can get. Especially when they could be going up against the Red Wings. I understand why other W.C potential playoff teams are upset, however Radulov already has a contract with the Predators. It's not like they had to sign him to bring him over here.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he has one more year in the KHL, but has an NHL out clause.
so basically, he will tell the Preds "this is the contract I have in my back pocket. Beat it or I'm gone again"

Filo, I don't blame the Preds on this, they clearly didn't try to hide a top 6 forward in Russia all this time. But what i DO have an issue with is that they apparently needed to get special agreement between NHL and NHLPA to make sure he didn't have to clear waivers.

However, I've heard differing opinion on whether that was necessary, so if it wasn't, then my concern has no leg to stand on.

Daly has been saying since Radulov left that he'd be waiver exempt if/when he returned. He sites the fact that Radulov was under contract with the Preds when he left and not UFA, RFA, or assigned there by the team as the difference. This isn't a subject that just came about now that he's actually coming back.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Daly has been saying since Radulov left that he'd be waiver exempt if/when he returned. He sites the fact that Radulov was under contract with the Preds when he left and not UFA, RFA, or assigned there by the team as the difference. This isn't a subject that just came about now that he's actually coming back.

OK that makes sense. I wonder what all of the news about an NHL / NHLPA agreement on this was about?
oh well.