• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Radko Gudas to undergo knee surgery

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Radko Gudas to undergo knee surgery Tuesday - Tampa Bay Lightning - News

:bawling::L:doh:

How long he's out for will not be known until the surgery has taken place tomorrow. I'm gutted because I really like Gudas, his physical element will deeply be missed. A website I follow called boltsprospects is saying we now need to get a legit defenseman (Yandle/Myers etc.), I don't know what you guys think but personally I'd stand pat although that means some guys need to step up and eat some minutes. Cooper could potentially play 11 forwards 7 defenseman so he could gives Sustr, Barbs and Nesterov more manageable minutes. I think a callup could be made as a precaution with Witkowski being recalled who plays a Gudas like game. I'd be disappointed if Yzerman went out a made a move of some magnitude, I wouldn't mind it if he could guy a cheap rental player such as Peter Harrold from the Devils for a cheap price 5th round pick.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big blow huge loss lets hope he heals fast

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great!!! Gudas is out 4 months

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great!!! Gudas is out 4 months
yzerman has got to do something before the playoffs at the trade deadline! we got to get a hard noised checker to replace gudas.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yzerman has got to do something before the playoffs at the trade deadline! we got to get a hard noised checker to replace gudas.

To be honest Todd I thought Gudas wouldn't be out that long hence why I said don't make a move but he's out 4 months which is going to put him out till May. With Gudas possibly out that long they have to make a move. I've looked at pending UFA's Righty shot D men. Adam McQuaid of the Bruins might be a nice option in terms of he plays a simple stay-at-home physical game, adds size and physicality and he's won a cup. The question is would the Bruins trade him within the division?

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think andrej sekera would be a nice rental and yzerman seems to be able to resign pending ufa's and sell them to stay with the lightning! he did it with brewer and callahan.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think andrej sekera would be a nice rental and yzerman seems to be able to resign pending ufa's and sell them to stay with the lightning! he did it with brewer and callahan.

Sekera is a very good player and I think the Canes will get quite a bit for him, more than what I think Yzerman will be willing to give up considering it would be very hard to retain him. I think the realistic options are 1. Zbynkek Michalek, 2. Marek Zidlicky, 3 Adam McQuaid and 4. Peter Harrold.

Personally I think Yzerman will stick with the D men he's got at the moment and possibly call up Witkowski down the line, the problem is if the bolts loose another top 4 dman to injury then that will really test their depth.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss of Radko is not a good thing at all. I hate to think what Stevie Y is willing to trade away for a rental has been! I bet he's kicking himself in the ass now for giving Brewer the pink slip! Dumb dumb dumb. Eric was having a pretty decent season! That's what he gets for being stupid!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss of Radko is not a good thing at all. I hate to think what Stevie Y is willing to trade away for a rental has been! I bet he's kicking himself in the ass now for giving Brewer the pink slip! Dumb dumb dumb. Eric was having a pretty decent season! That's what he gets for being stupid!

I don't think that was a bad move brewer was not going to be resigned we got the oilers 3rd round pick! Which is going to be in the top in that round at this rate. You have to draft well to keep this ship moving forward! Are scouts led by al Murray have shown then can draft really well. Yzerman will deal jt brown and get a decent depth defenseman. He knows we have little depth on defense right now. Yandle could still be in play also I see something big coming at the deadline. Are team is good and could go deep into the playoffs this year.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team could do Killorn brown and a first for yandle and call up vladdy from the ahl we got tons of options on the table to do something.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team could do Killorn brown and a first for yandle and call up vladdy from the ahl we got tons of options on the table to do something.

I'd be very disappointed if Killorn was moved, he's such a underrated player. Not the most flashy guy, but what does this guy not do, he plays all situations, can play all 3 forward positions, speed, skill, grit, good hockey IQ, just an all-around solid hockey player. Everyone points to the skill of the this team and I actually think the likes of Cally and Killer get overlooked, there the ones who go into the corners and crash the net, do the hard work and compliment our skilled players.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be very disappointed if Killorn was moved, he's such a underrated player. Not the most flashy guy, but what does this guy not do, he plays all situations, can play all 3 forward positions, speed, skill, grit, good hockey IQ, just an all-around solid hockey player. Everyone points to the skill of the this team and I actually think the likes of Cally and Killer get overlooked, there the ones who go into the corners and crash the net, do the hard work and compliment our skilled players.

:10::agree: Dang Danny, yet again I have to say that I agree with you 150% mate! Killorn is way to much of a gem and is often overlooked by teams as just a rock instead of a gem. His on the ice instincts are awesome for his age and experience. And like you stated above he does resemble a bit of Cally with his crashing the net and fight for the puck. And his defensive abilities are great also! I've seen him numerous times be the 1st player back in our defensive zone when we giveaway the puck on an errant pass! I think he's way to good to give away on a rental. Now I like JT also quite a lot. His grit and puck handling skills are fun to watch, not to mention he's a speed demon (fast as all heck)! But he's the only forward that I can honestly say could be used as trade bait. The Bolts are way to stacked with brilliant talent at forward! And JT is just patient while playing in the AHL for a turn to show everyone what he can give to the team. Last game, he was called into action and showed that he knows how to find the back of the net while playing against the big boys! I know Brewer wasn't going to be re-signed for next season but I think Y dealt him to early. He was having a great season so far especially defensively and the Bolts could have got a lot more from him towards the end of the season if his play would have kept up. Also, he probably would not have got hurt because he wouldn't have played that team when he got hurt if he was still here. I just hope Y don't get stupid and give away the barn on some has been rental D-man!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10::agree: Dang Danny, yet again I have to say that I agree with you 150% mate! Killorn is way to much of a gem and is often overlooked by teams as just a rock instead of a gem. His on the ice instincts are awesome for his age and experience. And like you stated above he does resemble a bit of Cally with his crashing the net and fight for the puck. And his defensive abilities are great also! I've seen him numerous times be the 1st player back in our defensive zone when we giveaway the puck on an errant pass! I think he's way to good to give away on a rental. Now I like JT also quite a lot. His grit and puck handling skills are fun to watch, not to mention he's a speed demon (fast as all heck)! But he's the only forward that I can honestly say could be used as trade bait. The Bolts are way to stacked with brilliant talent at forward! And JT is just patient while playing in the AHL for a turn to show everyone what he can give to the team. Last game, he was called into action and showed that he knows how to find the back of the net while playing against the big boys! I know Brewer wasn't going to be re-signed for next season but I think Y dealt him to early. He was having a great season so far especially defensively and the Bolts could have got a lot more from him towards the end of the season if his play would have kept up. Also, he probably would not have got hurt because he wouldn't have played that team when he got hurt if he was still here. I just hope Y don't get stupid and give away the barn on some has been rental D-man!
. We clearly know yzerman does not do rentals he always works out a new contract. He must talk to the agent before he trades for the player to see what they want on contracts

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree about J.T, Cooper has a dilemma do I go with a vet physical winger in Morrow or do I go with the speed Brown but he too is a gritty player who puts his nose in the dirty areas. I also agree with you about Brewer. The only thing i'm sure Cooper and Yzerman said what his role was (depth defenseman), he was sitting games and when playing only seeing limited ice time and being a proud veteran that he is, he probably asked for a trade as his contract did contain a limited no-trade clause so he obviously waived that to approve a trade to Anaheim. Yzerman could of held on to him longer but Yzerman is professional, if somebody wants out he moves them, no look further than the Marty situation.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about J.T, Cooper has a dilemma do I go with a vet physical winger in Morrow or do I go with the speed Brown but he too is a gritty player who puts his nose in the dirty areas. I also agree with you about Brewer. The only thing i'm sure Cooper and Yzerman said what his role was (depth defenseman), he was sitting games and when playing only seeing limited ice time and being a proud veteran that he is, he probably asked for a trade as his contract did contain a limited no-trade clause so he obviously waived that to approve a trade to Anaheim. Yzerman could of held on to him longer but Yzerman is professional, if somebody wants out he moves them, no look further than the Marty situation.
that is true i really do think brewer asked out

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably correct & he was really having a darn good defensive season!