• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

R.I.P. Dale Earnhardt Sr. Ten years ago today...

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ten years ago today, auto racing, specifically NASCAR, lost one of it's greatest drivers. In what looked like a fairly non spectacular crash in turn 3 on the last lap of the Daytona 500, Earnhardt was killed. Like him or hate him, Earnhardt was one of the most respected drivers in Nascar and was a record tying 7 time Winston Cup Series champion, which he shares with the immortal Richard Petty. With 76 career wins, including his only Daytona 500 win in 1998, Earnhardt was one of the winningest drivers in NASCAR history. His son, Dale Jr. also races on the NASCAR circuit. At the time of his death, Earnhardt was only 49 years old. The sport of auto racing lost a legend on 2-18-2001 but his death has been directly contributed to the major safety improvements that have been credited with saving many lives since. R.I.P. Dale Earnhardt Sr. :(

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss him. Especially since I just got into Nascar right before he died. And I feel like I missed out.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps my one and only post in this forum... Wow. I remember that accident as clear as day.. Looked like nothing at the time. Hard to believe its 10 years to the day!

Rep, Beantown.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss him. Especially since I just got into Nascar right before he died. And I feel like I missed out.

Sadly, he's not the 1st driver I've seen killed in a racing accident. I've been watching racing for 40+ years. :(

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember him very well

my old man was much more of a Nascar fan than I was

and he was a huge Dale Sr. fan

I remember how sad he was that day

I did watch "The Day" on speed tonight

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ten years ago today, auto racing, specifically NASCAR, lost one of it's greatest drivers. In what looked like a fairly non spectacular crash in turn 3 on the last lap of the Daytona 500, Earnhardt was killed. Like him or hate him, Earnhardt was one of the most respected drivers in Nascar and was a record tying 7 time Winston Cup Series champion, which he shares with the immortal Richard Petty. With 76 career wins, including his only Daytona 500 win in 1998, Earnhardt was one of the winningest drivers in NASCAR history. His son, Dale Jr. also races on the NASCAR circuit. At the time of his death, Earnhardt was only 49 years old. The sport of auto racing lost a legend on 2-18-2001 but his death has been directly contributed to the major safety improvements that have been credited with saving many lives since. R.I.P. Dale Earnhardt Sr. :(

It's funny. I used to hate Senior when he was winning all those championships. Ironically, when he started to get older and the wins became fewer, I became a big fan hoping to see him return to his old glory. Damn, I miss that guy. Say what you want about today's drivers, but racing just has not been the same without him. I was fortunate enough to see one race at Charlotte in person in which he and Junior both raced.