• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quick question 12's

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we rest our starters next week ?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to keep the momentum going, this team has been in playoffs mode since at least the Carolina game so there’s no need to ruin the momentum.

I say start the regulars and if they beat up the Cards by halftime then rest in the 2nd half, if not at least until the 4th quarter.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to play to keep the 5 seed and face Dallas unless the Vikes shit the bed early against the Bears then pull them.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to play to keep the 5 seed and face Dallas unless the Vikes shit the bed early against the Bears then pull them.

I think there the same time

But I agree with cloud

If we are up be 24 by halftime then rest them

If we still have McClouagh (the Florida Atlantic QB) then i'd play him after halftime.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This as well. Remember they only clinch a playoff spot, not seeding. I rather they go into Dallas than frozen Soldier Field.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This as well. Remember they only clinch a playoff spot, not seeding. I rather they go into Dallas than frozen Soldier Field.

Let's let Philly (yeah i said Philly) worry about Soldier Field.

If that happens. They be needing to carry Foles out in a Bodybag and Wentz too(if they didn't shut him down)

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though getting the 5 probably means divisional round in NO, I think you want the first game in Dallas over Chicago for sure so week 17 is a game we need to win to make that happen without help.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We rest the players that are banged up. If that means the OL is a JV squad then they should sit Russ.
Not that saying that isn't prudent, but if we are just going on PC's track record then I don't think we should expect to see a bunch of backups unless the game turns into a non-competitive situation. Like you imply I think they'll be reluctant to play guys who are iffy healthwise, but I expect we'll see a genuine effort to win the game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that saying that isn't prudent, but if we are just going on PC's track record then I don't think we should expect to see a bunch of backups unless the game turns into a non-competitive situation. Like you imply I think they'll be reluctant to play guys who are iffy healthwise, but I expect we'll see a genuine effort to win the game.

Oh definitely we will try to win. But he isn’t going to put Russ behind a backup OL in a meaningless game.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh definitely we will try to win. But he isn’t going to put Russ behind a backup OL in a meaningless game.
Maybe not for the whole game, but we should remember RW has started every single game so far in 7 seasons in the NFL. We should also remember the 2017 season (with regard to a backup OL in meaningless games....haha).

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ will play. But I expect them to treat the game like a preseason game and he'll get pulled out by half time.

And they'll give rest to anyone nursing an injury. So someone like Baldwin or even Carson, who could definitely play if it was the playoffs, could get the extra week of rest. Definitely the banged up guys on the O-line won't be rushed back.

There is just no need to gamble with the health of some of these guys who are still are recovering from injuries. The only thing that would be nice to see is for the team to hit 10 wins for the year. That would be outstanding, but not crucial.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Penny is healthy, I would like to see Carlson have a mysterious injury and sit this week. Our stable of backs should be able to handle it.
We need our OL as healthy as can be in the post season. Some are dinged up now. Prepare the backups.
Everyone else plays that is not hurting too bad.
JMO

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ will play. But I expect them to treat the game like a preseason game and he'll get pulled out by half time.

And they'll give rest to anyone nursing an injury. So someone like Baldwin or even Carson, who could definitely play if it was the playoffs, could get the extra week of rest. Definitely the banged up guys on the O-line won't be rushed back.

There is just no need to gamble with the health of some of these guys who are still are recovering from injuries. The only thing that would be nice to see is for the team to hit 10 wins for the year. That would be outstanding, but not crucial.
I am with you up to the point where we must acknowledge that not winning this final game puts the 5 seed in jeopardy. We are locked in if we win it, but there are scenarios where we are the 6 seed if we don't....and that means @ Chicago round 1 instead of Dallas. Big difference, so next week's game has considerable value.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Penny is healthy, I would like to see Carlson have a mysterious injury and sit this week. Our stable of backs should be able to handle it.
We need our OL as healthy as can be in the post season. Some are dinged up now. Prepare the backups.
Everyone else plays that is not hurting too bad.
JMO

Even if Carson plays I'd expect Davis and McIssic to get the majority of the load.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you up to the point where we must acknowledge that not winning this final game puts the 5 seed in jeopardy. We are locked in if we win it, but there are scenarios where we are the 6 seed if we don't....and that means @ Chicago round 1 instead of Dallas. Big difference, so next week's game has considerable value.

I honestly don't believe it is a big difference between Dallas and Chicago. I think it is a much bigger deal that the team plays well and is relatively healthy.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we rest our starters next week ?

Pete Carroll in his press conference today was asked the same question and Pete's response was, "We don't do that... I've done it before and I don't like it... it messes with the precision, momentum and chemistry of the team... We're not going to sit guys..."

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll in his press conference today was asked the same question and Pete's response was, "We don't do that... I've done it before and I don't like it... it messes with the precision, momentum and chemistry of the team... We're not going to sit guys..."

Interesting ... I get the momentum thing for sure, but some guy's that are dinged up should definitely heal up as much as possible, so hopefully they take advantage of that a little bit...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting ... I get the momentum thing for sure, but some guy's that are dinged up should definitely heal up as much as possible, so hopefully they take advantage of that a little bit...

He did say that if guys are game time decisions, they probably won't play...