• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question? Was there a blown call that cost the game?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand being upset with the way we lost. But no way should we have been kneeling down. you run to reduce time before they call time outs. Then on 3rd down you run to get in better FG range. Which forces them to have to score a TD instead of easy FG range. The penalty sucked & was unfortunate, but if it doesn't happen then no one questions if they should have ran. The run was the right call.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're talking about situational football. The Cowboys seem to struggle with it, and often the same seems to be with us fans.

Detroit moved the ball with ease all game. In the 4th Qtr, they had already put up nearly 180 yards of offense before the final drive. Mo was out, Wilcox was out, and zone coverage was clearly not working. Before anyone beats a drum, Dallas was in and out of Zone. Don't take my word for it. Wait until Broadus tells you, and then perhaps we can all get on the same page. The Dallas defense was gassed, making them even more ripe for the picking.

If you simply want to run out the clock, then just do it. Your Kicker has nailed two kicks from 53 already, and if we're going to be honest about the situational football yesterday, they were probably screwed with a miss or a make anyway with the way Detroit played pitch and catch, especially in the 4th quarter. I don't see that as remotely debatable considering the actual outcome of the game.

This is why I think they should have been aggressive instead. Maybe it doesn't work, undoubtedly we second guess it if it doesn't. However to put that game away, they needed at least one more first down, with whomever made it staying in bounds. They played not to lose in a game where they had proven they weren't likely to stop Detroit anymore. As a result, they're .500, and even the Giants still have a legitimate shot at winning the division after an 0-6 start.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No call cost Dallas that game. If a Head Coach loses games in which he had a double digit lead several times a year, there's no sense blaming the refs. If a Defense cant keep a team from going the length of the field for a TOUCHDOWN in less than a minute(with no timeouts!!!), we don't deserve to win. That was pathetic