• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question about pitroad speed.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that bothers me is we have the technology to use telemetry on pitroad. yet the use scoring lines so some teams pit stalls have advantages others do not. Being able to indeed speed on pitroad without it causing an infraction. now keep in mind for those that want to mention strategy. Pitroad speed was put in place as a safety rule. Not a rule to use as a strategy. So I ask why do they allow speeding on pitroad (& in some places speeding by a lot) when they have the ability to police the true pitroad speed?

Always drives me nuts they don't use technology to police their safety rule.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that bothers me is we have the technology to use telemetry on pitroad. yet the use scoring lines so some teams pit stalls have advantages others do not. Being able to indeed speed on pitroad without it causing an infraction. now keep in mind for those that want to mention strategy. Pitroad speed was put in place as a safety rule. Not a rule to use as a strategy. So I ask why do they allow speeding on pitroad (& in some places speeding by a lot) when they have the ability to police the true pitroad speed?

Always drives me nuts they don't use technology to police their safety rule.

What ability do they have to track the true pit road speed? If anything, the best way I see to police that is the add more scoring lines to make the segments smaller.

In reality the speeding on pit road due to pit stalls is pretty small from a safety standpoint. A guy can punch it real fast if his pit stall is at the end of a segment but then he has to immediately get on the brakes. If the stall is in the beginning of a segment, he can speed out but has to be slowed down by the next segment. I don't see the scoring lines being an advantage. The advantages for stall location comes into play more with the opening to the garage areas and winning the pole...

steelerstew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is since ESPN, Fox, TNT can get the speed of a car, why cant NASCAR. they can then eliminate the segments.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because that kind of technology takes things out of NASCAR's hands. When the ruling is semi-subjective they can control things to an extent, which is how most of NASCAR's rules shape up anyway. Most of them are completely subjective. :2cents:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because that kind of technology takes things out of NASCAR's hands. When the ruling is semi-subjective they can control things to an extent, which is how most of NASCAR's rules shape up anyway. Most of them are completely subjective. :2cents:

And to add to this, you notice there are cars and drivers that you can see on tv are going faster, but will never get tagged with a speeding penalty!!!!

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is since ESPN, Fox, TNT can get the speed of a car, why cant NASCAR. they can then eliminate the segments.

Also becuase I highly doubt that information is 100% accurate. The electronic scoring lines can tell you the exact average speed in a segment.

I also don't see how the computer controlled scoring lines are subjective? If they were, Kasey Kahne wouldn't have been penalized for speeding to avoid being wrecked from behind at Daytona.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ability do they have to track the true pit road speed? If anything, the best way I see to police that is the add more scoring lines to make the segments smaller.

In reality the speeding on pit road due to pit stalls is pretty small from a safety standpoint. A guy can punch it real fast if his pit stall is at the end of a segment but then he has to immediately get on the brakes. If the stall is in the beginning of a segment, he can speed out but has to be slowed down by the next segment. I don't see the scoring lines being an advantage. The advantages for stall location comes into play more with the opening to the garage areas and winning the pole...
that is incorrect at a lot of tracks. I have seen cars already at max pitroad speed leaving pits & a car pull out of his pits & zoom past three cars on pitroad already at max pitroad speed.