• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quentin vs Greinke

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow, that little fuzzface Kershaw is talking shit to man now. He's gonna get his ass beat to kingdom come. This is going to be interesting!

Last edited by a moderator:

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So let's have a HOMER recap. (fify)

1.) Zach Greinke has a history of hitting Carlos Quentin 10,000% more often than all other batters he's ever faced COMBINED. (quentin leads the league in getting hit by pitches but yet it is greinke who singles him out??)
2.) He hits Q with a fastball in the elbow.(in a one run game with a full count)
2a.) instead of taking his base quentin heads directly at the mound
3.) He tells Q "FUCK YOU"
4.) We all call Q a douchebag for defending his honor as a fucking MAN

What am I missing here??? (you have a right to keep your glasses on but not many outside of san diego are going to see it your way)

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tabasco, I already posted objective opinions and facts from baseball experts. Fact: Greinke singles Q out. Fact: He was not over the plate. Fact: Greinke gave him no choice but to visit the mound or relinquish his mancard. And a new fact for you: Of the 151 times Q has been hit by a pitch, this is the only time he's ever charged the mound.

Have you read what Paul Konerko said about it? Maybe you'll get even more insight into the history that's been brewing. At what point does a guy say that's it, I'm kicking ass? How many times would YOU let that little sniveling bitch hit you with a fastball before you defended yourself and your honor?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many think Q should be out as long as Greinke is on the DL. Thoughts?

Ludicrous. No one twisted Greinke's arm and he's far from innocent. He was the instigator and would have been suspended as well if he hadn't been injured, thus rendering it a moot point. I say he needed 5 games (virtually a 1-game ban for a starting pitcher).

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ludicrous. No one twisted Greinke's arm and he's far from innocent. He was the instigator and would have been suspended as well if he hadn't been injured, thus rendering it a moot point. I say he needed 5 games (virtually a 1-game ban for a starting pitcher).

:agree:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know how a pitch in a close game that hits a guy in the shoulder turns into this. I could see if he threw over his head or went for the head. Why hit a guy in the shoulder/arm in a close game to prove a point (even with the "history"). If Q heads to first instead of going toward mound Greinke doesn't say anything and nothing happens.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tabasco, I already posted objective opinions and facts from baseball experts. Fact: Greinke singles Q out.

no

Fact: He was not over the plate.

yes but made no effort to get out of the way either

Fact: Greinke gave him no choice but to visit the mound or relinquish his mancard.

bullshit

And a new fact for you: Of the 151 times Q has been hit by a pitch, this is the only time he's ever charged the mound.

douchebag finally went full on douchebag

Have you read what Paul Konerko said about it? Maybe you'll get even more insight into the history that's been brewing. At what point does a guy say that's it, I'm kicking ass? How many times would YOU let that little sniveling bitch hit you with a fastball before you defended yourself and your honor?

homer, homer, homer, homer, blah, blah, blah

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know how a pitch in a close game that hits a guy in the shoulder turns into this. I could see if he threw over his head or went for the head. Why hit a guy in the shoulder/arm in a close game to prove a point (even with the "history"). If Q heads to first instead of going toward mound Greinke doesn't say anything and nothing happens.

:yes:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tabasco, so is it safe to assume from your response that I've convinced you that Q is the innocent victim in this matter?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough and certainly in retrospect considering the injury, I'm sure Q would have done that and it would have been the right thing to do on a few different levels. But I'm not the one to cast the first stone cause in that situation, I know for a fact that I wouldn't have been able to restrain myself from walking toward the mound and then when I head FU, I'd have to oblige his invitation to pay him a visit.

This injury is literally 100% Greinke's fault. He instigated everything and then he was dumb enough to lower his puny-ass shoulder into the charging bull. He's only got himself to blame. I wish Q hadn't done it, but he did and I'm not the one to condemn him. I fully support the guy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough and certainly in retrospect considering the injury, I'm sure Q would have done that and it would have been the right thing to do on a few different levels. But I'm not the one to cast the first stone cause in that situation, I know for a fact that I wouldn't have been able to restrain myself from walking toward the mound and then when I head FU, I'd have to oblige his invitation to pay him a visit.

This injury is literally 100% Greinke's fault. He instigated everything and then he was dumb enough to lower his puny-ass shoulder into the charging bull. He's only got himself to blame. I wish Q hadn't done it, but he did and I'm not the one to condemn him. I fully support the guy.

I would of done the same thing Q did, when you are in the moment I am very emotional, especially if I am passionate about something I do. But you are a MLB player with millions watching you have to take the higher road.

I don't really give a shit about bot these player to tell you the truth, don't dislike em. And Greinke is a dumb ass for lowering his shoulder, but I understand it was just a reaction and when you are in the moment you don't think clearly.

So i understand from both perspectives where the players are coming from, but both made poor decisions.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When most Padres fans saw that 6' 6" Kyle Blanks had been recalled to the bigs, we assumed it was for enforcement during the Dodgers series in LA. But apparently not. If you haven't already heard, Quentin is dropping the appeal and serving the suspension now.

"It's very difficult," Quentin said of the suspension. "It's unfortunate that someone got hurt in this instance. But I do believe that I had to protect myself. And I will stand by that statement and at the same time I will begin my suspension."

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a second! Wait a goddamn second here! How did I not see this video? Watch this video and you tell me Quentin is a hothead.

Matt Kemp should have been suspended 8 games, not Quentin.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greinke got exactly what he deserved. Kemp, not so much.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greinke got exactly what he deserved. Kemp, not so much.

I want someone to tell me how Carlos Quentin got 8 games for getting hit and told to fuck off when all he did was defend himself but Kemp, who had no dog in this fight, got a game for two separate violent outbursts?