• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QBR Funhouse!

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The system isnt bad when you consider that the winning team has the QB with the higher TQBR 80% of the time.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing like watching with your eyes.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In my honest oppinion it may have been Smith best career game from a clutch stand point.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Re: YAC, it's difficult to factor in. A run-of-the-mill screen generally isn't anything that the QB has done. That said, if a QB hits, say, Joshua Morgan in stride on a slant into the void created by a blitz, or throws a 50-yard ball that is caught in stride and goes for an 80-yard TD, clearly the QB deserves credit for that. It's like that Steve Young quote from a few weeks ago that Brady uses the ball to tell his receivers where to go. Throwing a guy open is a huge skill. I'm not sure about the logistics of it, but it seems like a yards-after-contact approach would be more telling. That credits the receiver for any broken tackles, but gives the QB credit for making the right decision/throw. It still wouldn't resolve the problem of the RB screen, though.

QBR is an interesting attempt to look at a QB's performance more holistically, but that necessarily opens the door to subjectivity. At some point they'll have to reveal the formula or people won't put much stock in it.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I believe the formula basically runs of plays made by the qb that affect the outcome of games. IE: a td pass made while trailing 3-23 isnt worth much compared to a td pass that puts you up 24-23. Seems like a rating to measure ratings in key moments.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this week I can't say I'm a fan of the QBR. I understand passer rating isn't a good indication either but right now I feel it's more accurate than QBR.

It's not the score of Smith by itself that is the problem but stacked up to other QBs scores this week that makes it look stupid.

Orton: 22/32 273y 3td 3int (1 pick 6) 1sack 26pt loss= 77.9 QBR?!?!
Kolb: 20/34 237y 0td 1int 1fumble 4sack 4pt loss= 32.0 QBR
Smith: 21/33 291y 2td 0int 1fumble 3sack 1pt win= 28.7 QBR

I don't know about you guys but I'm taking Smith's performance over Orton which QBR would have you believe had a way better game and Kolb's performance.

Wow, Orton's performance was at MVP level? Isn't that 65 and above? This QBR is obviously a joke, they are just putting a "statistic" to match their bias.

You guys had it right, nothing judges a QB performance better than the eye. While the passer rating isn't perfect, it's so much better because it's based on real things... not someone's opinion of what happened. Oh? a 112 passer rating performance?? well... the way I see it... blah blah blah...

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its all about the time the td passes happened. Im guessing if the gore td was a smith td, his rating would be higher. Then again it said after Gores td our win prob only went up to like 50 percent or whatever it said.

Z-Comeback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its all about the time the td passes happened. Im guessing if the gore td was a smith td, his rating would be higher. Then again it said after Gores td our win prob only went up to like 50 percent or whatever it said.

Exactly the point. In the Bizarro World of QBR, not all TD's are worth 6 points.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You are pro QBR and you used the YAC argument to support it's supposed value. Are you now going to take the stance that it is misleading?
You can't have it both ways though I don't blame anyone for trying.

Just because I believe QBR is the best indicator (formula-wise) out there, doesn't mean that I'm blind of it's flaws.

And yes I still stand by the stance I took. 50 yard pass in the air for a TD SHOULD be weighed more heavily than a screen pass that goes for 50 yards.

To be crystal clear, a 5 yard hook route versus a 20 yard screen play, I do believe the screen play in this kind of circumstance should be more valuable despite being the shorter throw.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just because I believe QBR is the best indicator (formula-wise) out there, doesn't mean that I'm blind of it's flaws.

And yes I still stand by the stance I took. 50 yard pass in the air for a TD SHOULD be weighed more heavily than a screen pass that goes for 50 yards.

To be crystal clear, a 5 yard hook route versus a 20 yard screen play, I do believe the screen play in this kind of circumstance should be more valuable despite being the shorter throw.

1z, how is this possible, when nobody knows the formula?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1z, how is this possible, when nobody knows the formula?

When you look at last year's top QBR passers and this year's, I say whatever this formula might be is doing a good job in the assessment of their QB play.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When you look at last year's top QBR passers and this year's, I say whatever this formula might be is doing a good job in the assessment of their QB play.

I would like to view these lists, do you have a link?