• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qb Mariota

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true, then the WFT ought to do nothing but wait to see who is released after the draft.

If the Raiders are $20m over the cap already, and MM coat $10m, then he’s a likely cap casualty at some point. Then the WFT could sign without giving up and draft capital.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so crazy about Dakota anymore, the cowboys were LOADED on offense, and essentially opened the season 0-4.
Dak and Co looked good but didn't win, Jerry Jones is probably thinking "why exactly am i going to gut the team to give this "loser"
30 mil
? We have to be patient, so many options are going to become available. the QB rumors are gassing us, LOL

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not True because the winner of that battle is better then the other 2
Absolutely true, here's a test!

1613290937088.png 1613290958470.png 1613290974608.png

they're all the same correct?, but if you absolutely have to pick one on the left, the middle, or right because you're out of time, which would be best? Competitions often aren't "won" when time insists upon a decision being made.

...And a quizz, you have 3 career backups but need a starter, if you select any one of them are you getting a starter or a career backup who starts?

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Alex Smith isn’t retiring, why would look for a starting QB for the upcoming season?

Honestly don’t understand.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Alex Smith isn’t retiring, why would look for a starting QB for the upcoming season?

Mainly because Smith isn't the answer to the long term question. The team wins when he starts and not because he starts, is probably the best way to look at it.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's min cost? I think he is worth a 3rd or 4th
As a RAIDER fan... pfft... I don't care we'll waste it on someone we don't need anyway.

Give us a couple of Gatorade buckets and we'll call it even.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they are worried about more injuries, no? He got hurt before the season ended didn't he?

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mainly because Smith isn't the answer to the long term question. The team wins when he starts and not because he starts, is probably the best way to look at it.

Then they don't they win when he doesn't start?

I think he is the reason they win. He's simply an "at risk" QB when he does play.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way will Washington release or cut Alex Smith he is loved around the world and a insperartion for alot of People.. and it will be a PR nightmare if you do .. You Honor his contract you keep him intill he retires and if he beats out all your qbs in camp then you got a good qb ....

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely true, here's a test!

View attachment 265187 View attachment 265188 View attachment 265189

they're all the same correct?, but if you absolutely have to pick one on the left, the middle, or right because you're out of time, which would be best? Competitions often aren't "won" when time insists upon a decision being made.

...And a quizz, you have 3 career backups but need a starter, if you select any one of them are you getting a starter or a career backup who starts?
Sty doug williams was a backup superbowl mvp .Stan Humphreys was a backup took charges to super bowl .. dont have the last 20 years blind you look at the whole picture in the last 20 you had 7 bowls won by the greatest Qb of all time etc etc .. all you need is a top 5 defense and a Eli Manning type qb and you will be good .Draft smart etc etc i say a qb like Mariota Hienicke and a top 3 defense can get it done .. i am not worried about superbowl like i said before i want balance cap i want FO structure i want to be a team that has a shot Every year i want a team that is built to win not throw all your marbles in then fail then blow it up we are 7-9 we need alot more things then a QB.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen is the odd man out if we get Mariota at that point you go Mariota Hienicke Alex Smith and draft Monds or Book as the PS qb

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs won superbowl last year thhis year they lost it now here comes the cap hell in 2021 season chiefs either lose in playoffs or dont make it .. but teams like greenbay , seahawks there so balanced there Fo is so good there in it every year.. If you get Watson your Window is 3 years tops if you fail your done then you have to blow it up and start all over... i have Faith in RR, Hurney, Mayhew, and the scout team to find a QB in the draft in the next 2 years that will be our Rogers, Brady ect ec

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are worried about more injuries, no? He got hurt before the season ended didn't he?
Correct! I don't know that they cans say it won't happen again. His leg is totally reconstructed and I am not talking about the break. Because of the terrible infection they brought muscle from other parts of his body to put in his leg. I would be concerned it will happen again.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time to move on from CDC . he isnt reliable anymore . i wouldnt let a young cheap allen go to overpay your BU qb

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they don't they win when he doesn't start?

I think he is the reason they win. He's simply an "at risk" QB when he does play.
Let me be a bit more clear, the offense doesn't lose games nor are they dynamic enough to score regularly or win them with Smith. In effect the Smith led offense becomes dependent upon the defense and mistakes by the other team. There are a whole lot of three and outs, between the 30's movement and short field (Red Zone) takeovers resulting in field goals.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way will Washington release or cut Alex Smith he is loved around the world and a insperartion for alot of People.. and it will be a PR nightmare if you do .. You Honor his contract you keep him intill he retires and if he beats out all your qbs in camp then you got a good qb ....
Yep, that's the emotional side of it, but the business side says, you save 19 million that you need to upgrade your team, so, buh-bye!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty doug williams was a backup superbowl mvp .Stan Humphreys was a backup took charges to super bowl .. dont have the last 20 years blind you look at the whole picture in the last 20 you had 7 bowls won by the greatest Qb of all time etc etc .. all you need is a top 5 defense and a Eli Manning type qb and you will be good .Draft smart etc etc i say a qb like Mariota Hienicke and a top 3 defense can get it done .. i am not worried about superbowl like i said before i want balance cap i want FO structure i want to be a team that has a shot Every year i want a team that is built to win not throw all your marbles in then fail then blow it up we are 7-9 we need alot more things then a QB.
Perhaps it's you who should look at the big picture so here it is comparing player to player(s):

In no way are these examples the same Marcus Mariota, Doug Williams was a regular starter for Tampa Bay until the injuries began to take their toll. In fact, Tamps Bay went to the playoffs three times in five seasons with Williams as starter and played in the 1979 NFC Championship game. See any of Mariota in that?

Let's move on,

Stan Humphries, began as a backup to Mark Rypien, when Rypien got hurt, went on to pass for 1,015 yards and three touchdowns in seven games in 1990. After being traded, to San Diego in 1992, He passed for 3,356 yards, which ranked fifth in the league in 1992. He helped lead the Chargers, who were 4-12 in 1991 and stumbled out to an 0-4 start in 1992, to finish with an 11-5 record, winning the AFC West AFC and ending the Chargers' decade-long playoff drought. To this day, the 1992 Chargers are the only NFL team to make the playoffs after an 0-4 start. He played with a separated left shoulder in the 1992 AFC Wild-Card Game, a 17-0 win over Kansas City, their first home playoff game since the 1980 AFC Championship game.
In 1994, Humphries led the Chargers with clutch performances through an impressive series of victories in the NFL Playoffs. It started with the Chargers rallying from a 21-6 halftime deficit at home to defeat the Dolphins with a 22-21 victory in the AFC divisional playoffs, earning the Chargers a trip to the AFC Championship. The Steelers were favored by 10.5 points, and In what would become one of pro football's all-time great upsets, the Chargers again rallied from a 13-3 deficit to win the AFC championship 17-13. Thus the Chargers earned a trip to Miami and the Super-Bowl (XXIX) the first and only Super Bowl appearance in franchise history. Although they lost, Humphries executed the first successful two-point conversion in the Super Bowl (which was adopted by the NFL at the start of the 1994 season).

In 1997, Humphries was forced to retire after a series of concussions. During his career, he led the Chargers to three playoff appearances and the franchise's only Super Bowl appearance. Humphries started for San Diego for six years, making 81 starts in 88 games while completing 1,431 of 2,516 passes for 17,191 yards and 89 touchdowns. San Diego was 47-29 (62 percent) in regular-season games and 3-3 in playoff contests he started from 1992 to 1997.

Does this seem remotely close to the Markus Mariota that you want here?

BTW: Like it or not Eli Manning will likely end up in the NFL HOF.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MM has started 61 career games , he has a playoff win he has a 1-1 record in the playoffs with 4tds and one int . in the regular season he had 3 straight winning seasons as a qb for the titans and had 77 career td passes vs 45 ints

during his time in Tenn , his wrs dropped more passes then any team in the NFL , he had 3 hcs and 5 OC's , his defense were ranked in the rear 1/3 of the league .

now MM isnt a DW or a wilson or a top tier qb but we dont need one per say . he is mobile , he is accurate in short to medium throws , and he can run an NFL offense . he has 1 yr on his contract at a cap friendly contract

we have been to 5 super bowls without an elite qb . we can get a tampa defense pretty quickly and we can get a wr or 2 through the draft to give us more weapons . certainly besides entertaining fantasies about elite qbs we have no chance of getting , then our only choice is to pick up a lesser qb and continue to draft qbs till we find our guy ( and no not a 1st rounder every year )

and lets not forget , we are a 7 win football team in which 6 of those wins were built on the backs of patsies . we were broomed by the fucking giants lost to the train wreck lions and panthers ( both with top 10 draft picks ) and we lost by a minimum 2 scores to every other team with a winning record

so i highly question we are very good at all let alone have the right to talk about super bowl " windows " and our 1st place schedule will certainly be tough to overcome

but alas we went to the playoffs , lost in round one , cost ourselves valuable draft position , so we could " feel good " and then proceed to think we are better then we really are so we advocate shortcutting the process in the hopes we dont snyder it up

all of these things i said would happen and now are coming to pass

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will also add its key 4 of are 7 wins came from dallas and eagles .. To me we still got alot work to do useing multiple first rounders for 1 player will cost to much. Never now at 19 we could hit a HOF player we dont know