• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Punter and Long Snapper NEWS!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Brad Biggs:

Bears have released Long Snapper Chad Rempel per source so that puts Brandon Hartson in good position for roster spot.

Bears 6th round pick Pat O'Donnell has won punting competition. Source says team has waived P Tress Way.

ALL Hale MEGA PUNT!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Signed: returner Darius Reynaud and CB Peyton Thompson to fill roster. eh.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got an amazing young punter. That's a building block to a Super Bowl contender.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the long snapper can maintain a high level of play, it doesnt even matter if the defense takes the field.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now all we need is a good field goal kick holder and I think our team is set.
Were still missing a effective water boy. This kid we got now does not know the difference between 68 degrees and 73 degrees. Eventually some one is gonna cramp up and cost us a SB.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Brad Biggs:

Bears have released Long Snapper Chad Rempel per source so that puts Brandon Hartson in good position for roster spot.

Bears 6th round pick Pat O'Donnell has won punting competition. Source says team has waived P Tress Way.

ALL Hale MEGA PUNT!

Joey, we had bumps at first and I did not care for your posts. But dude, you are turning out to be a good poster. Sorry for the hard times. :suds:

As for the punter... O'Donnell looks solid. Very happy with this pick up.

The Green Bastard

rat #442 from the SS KFFL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Butthead should be able to see by now that O'Donnell was/is the clear choice. Drew was not even in the same hemisphere.

And, that being the case, didn't Chicago do the best thing for him by releasing him early so that he could possibly latch on somewhere else?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey, we had bumps at first and I did not care for your posts. But dude, you are turning out to be a good poster. Sorry for the hard times. :suds:

As for the punter... O'Donnell looks solid. Very happy with this pick up.

Don't worry- I'm sure I'll piss you off again soon. :suds: No worries, Cheers!

C

cubzzzfanincali

Punter seems decent, and not trying to draw too many lessons off 5 preseason punts, but he's averaging 46.6 yards per punt, which was good enough for 9th in league last year. So he seems like he is pretty good then.

C

cubzzzfanincali

you know, looking at last year's punting stats a little more closely, maybe Podlesh got a little bit of a raw deal. Yes, he was last in gross yardage, but he was 6th in average return yardage, and even beyond return yardage, here's something interesting...he had the 2nd highest fair catch rate of any full time NFL punter (just behind Colquitt). Wow. Also, his inside the 20 fraction was only behind Scifres, Kern, and Zastudil.

So yeah, he kicked for a few less yards on average, but they returned them less often, for lower yardage, and were more frequently pinned inside the 20. Hmmm...was Podlesh really so bad after all?

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were still missing a effective water boy. This kid we got now does not know the difference between 68 degrees and 73 degrees. Eventually some one is gonna cramp up and cost us a SB.

Rumor has it that a few of the players were sexually assaulted when they came off the field and asked him to squirt them in the mouth.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know, looking at last year's punting stats a little more closely, maybe Podlesh got a little bit of a raw deal. Yes, he was last in gross yardage, but he was 6th in average return yardage, and even beyond return yardage, here's something interesting...he had the 2nd highest fair catch rate of any full time NFL punter (just behind Colquitt). Wow. Also, his inside the 20 fraction was only behind Scifres, Kern, and Zastudil.

So yeah, he kicked for a few less yards on average, but they returned them less often, for lower yardage, and were more frequently pinned inside the 20. Hmmm...was Podlesh really so bad after all?
Yes he really was. They could not return them because he kicked them so short that the coverage beat the ball there.

Mikefive

KFFL Mod... SportsHoopla nobody
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to agree. The thing that did Podlesh in was that his shank percentage was up. He wasn't a bad punter until he started clanging them off the side of his foot. Then he became a bit more of a liability.

I predict with O'Donnell, we'll miss Podlesh's accuracy inside the 20. But we'll like O'Donnell kicking from minus territory.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What well get is booming kicks that get returned now. Podlesh's short kicks hid how bad we are at punt coverage.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh special teams... :L

I miss the days I didn't have to chew through my nails on kick off coverage.