• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: PSW3: The Final Frontier

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not expect 37 total points to be scored in the 1st half in this game and it could have been more.

The Browns scored 13 points in the 2nd Quarter, the 2's ( and some 3s ) need to do better.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobo right there to lay a block if he needed to. I LOVE how Bobo plays, he is just a big asset all over the field AND has great hands. Dude is sometning special. Even against starters if they got out like that Bobo would have taken out anyone that could have tackled kenny.

Looks like Sam is coming back out! Thats great!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People started leaving after that. I think people are not wanting to sit around thinking PJ Walker is coming in oof. :rofl:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to carry Hollani dont you? The 4th RB.

I feel the got to carry 6WR if not more. You know DK, Lockett, JSN But you have to keep Bobo, Shenault but i feel they keep one more. Young or Eskridge.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't a good day for the defense, don't like ending the preseason giving up 17 FD on passes and 24 FD's total.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to carry Hollani dont you? The 4th RB.

I feel the got to carry 6WR if not more. You know DK, Lockett, JSN But you have to keep Bobo, Shenault but i feel they keep one more. Young or Eskridge.

I'm not a huge Eskridge fan but that TD and the team reaction.....

He has to be 6

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge Eskridge fan but that TD and the team reaction.....

He has to be 6
I don't know. Shenault has probably locked up the 5 spot and may even be ahead of Bobo soon, I think. And Young might have the inside track on the 6th considering how big and versatile he is. It was nice to see the big return from Dee though and the reaction from the guys on the sideline. He's had a lot of bad luck for sure but he just may be the odd man out. Of course, I'm not the one who has to make the decision and the coaches might be seeing a couple of things I miss watching on TV. But from what I've seen so far, Shenault and Young have been putting more good things on tape so far.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't a good day for the defense, don't like ending the preseason giving up 17 FD on passes and 24 FD's total.
I turned the game off after the starters were out on both sides of the ball.

The starting D shut down the run against the starters for the Browns and had a decent pass rush.

I don't care how much the guys who won't be on the team next week gave up against the guys from their team that won't be there next week.

We don't see much from the starters in this 3 game preseason format and it's often fairly vanilla when they are out there.

We saw only one series from the full offense and they only ran 5 pass plays, no runs. They were some well designed plays and I think it shows we aren't going to have the fairly predictable offense we have seen at points in the past, but you can't get much more out of one series.

From the game recap:
The bulk of Seattle’s starting defense saw just one series of action and their departure may have been hastened by outside linebacker Uchenna Nwosu getting shaken up with a knee injury on the fourth play of the game.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw only one series from the full offense and they only ran 5 pass plays, no runs. They were some well designed plays and I think it shows we aren't going to have the fairly predictable offense we have seen at points in the past, but you can't get much more out of one series.
I like the fact that we actually were productive on the end a rounds to receivers and a few screenplay/passes to the running backs. I haven’t seen productive plays like that in sometime. They resulted into 5 to 10 yard plays each time. I’m excited about this offense and the defense. They were dominant on both sides of the ball in the first series with the starters. I know it doesn’t tell the whole story but at least it’s a chapter of the book that gives us hope.

“Geno made some great throws,” Macdonald said. “He was decisive. The plan was to do a couple series, but I think we saw enough there. He had a good five plays.”

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the fact that we actually were productive on the end a rounds to receivers and a few screenplay/passes to the running backs. I haven’t seen productive plays like that in sometime. They resulted into 5 to 10 yard plays each time. I’m excited about this offense.
I have overall cautious hope for Grubb's offense.

At UW he had times where he all but abandoned either side of the ball or whole parts of the playbook and had to apologize later for games that mostly ended up closer than they should, rather than actual losses, but still this is the pros and the margins are much thinner.

That said, he for SURE had way more upside and was able to mitigate roster shortcomings and take advantage of what defensive holes or shortcomings more often than not.

He is still a first time NFL coordinator and at the same time, play caller. The offense is his and it's all on him if it doesn't work. Does that fact make him be more conservative than he was in college?

He doesn't have Penix anymore who often created plays out of nothing and had been with Grubb long enough to be able to check out of called plays where Geno might not.

At a minimum we shouldn't expect to see the same stale approaches that plagued this team and Grubb is more likely to find creative ways of getting guys like JSN the ball and he often used TE's/RB's and even at times receivers in pass pro against aggressive defenses so maybe he gets Geno more time to make things happen against the tougher D's than his predecessor.

It's still a Geno offense with big questions on the O line. If Geno starts turning the ball over more with this more complex offense we might see some of those exciting additions from the playbook dialed WAY back and end up near where we were last year.

If they can get improvement on the D with this new staff and Grubb doesn't just fall apart I at least like their chances to make waves and contend for a WC slot barring key injuries. Not sure we can ask for more at this point.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty decent showing overall I think (mostly talking about the 1s) last night.
  • As efficient as it was in their lone pre-season drive, I'm expecting some up and down on offense early in the season. Having essentially the exact same skill position starters will mitigate some of that, but new offense and new faces on the OL represent potential for some inconsistency. We're always cautious to put too much weight on what we see in pre-season, but these games are still the best practice they get. And they only got 5 plays.
  • I'll be shocked if JSN doesn't lead the team in receptions. He looks like he's ready to take a pretty big step forward, and I suspect it's going to come at Lockett's expense in terms of targets/role.
  • It seems like Eskridge made a decent case for a roster spot, but I thought that about Kasen Williams a few years ago as well. The thing about Eskridge is he has value as a returner that Dareke Young and other bubble guys don't. That might win him a job.
  • The DL should be an improved unit. Just having Nwosu back is going to be a nice upgrade, but him plus Leonard Williams, Jarran Reed, Dremont Jones, and Murphy should be very solid. Even Morris looks like he might be ready to contribute here and there.
  • One of big takeaways from the pre-season is I think we'll be just fine at QB if Geno goes down. I didn't get as good of a look at him last night, but Howell has impressed at least enough that the FO isn't going to go running to Geno for a contract extension just yet. The idea that Howell might be the '25 starter probably has more traction now than it did a month ago.
I think the big thing we're all interested to see is what Macdonald does with the defense. From week to week in the early going, it's probably going to be the #1 recurring storyline. Looking forward to seeing how things round into form.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have overall cautious hope for Grubb's offense.

At UW he had times where he all but abandoned either side of the ball or whole parts of the playbook and had to apologize later for games that mostly ended up closer than they should, rather than actual losses, but still this is the pros and the margins are much thinner.

That said, he for SURE had way more upside and was able to mitigate roster shortcomings and take advantage of what defensive holes or shortcomings more often than not.

He is still a first time NFL coordinator and at the same time, play caller. The offense is his and it's all on him if it doesn't work. Does that fact make him be more conservative than he was in college?

He doesn't have Penix anymore who often created plays out of nothing and had been with Grubb long enough to be able to check out of called plays where Geno might not.

At a minimum we shouldn't expect to see the same stale approaches that plagued this team and Grubb is more likely to find creative ways of getting guys like JSN the ball and he often used TE's/RB's and even at times receivers in pass pro against aggressive defenses so maybe he gets Geno more time to make things happen against the tougher D's than his predecessor.

It's still a Geno offense with big questions on the O line. If Geno starts turning the ball over more with this more complex offense we might see some of those exciting additions from the playbook dialed WAY back and end up near where we were last year.

If they can get improvement on the D with this new staff and Grubb doesn't just fall apart I at least like their chances to make waves and contend for a WC slot barring key injuries. Not sure we can ask for more at this point.
I'm just ready to see a change...and yes Grubb did some weird shit last year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only was able to watch some of the game. A few thoughts.

I really really hope Nwosu isn't significantly hurt. He jogged to the sidelines which is reassuring but I haven't heard anything else.

I would be surprised if Eskridge makes the team. One big punt return and basically no snaps on offense doesn't seem to be enough.

1st teams looked really promising. 2nd team was a little dodgier. 3rd and 4th teams were a mess but that doesn't really matter.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really really hope Nwosu isn't significantly hurt. He jogged to the sidelines which is reassuring but I haven't heard anything else.

I didn't even realize during the game he got hurt. Read it after. Would be a total gut punch if this is another significant type injury, so let's not even talk about that right now.
I would be surprised if Eskridge makes the team. One big punt return and basically no snaps on offense doesn't seem to be enough.

If he gets cut, you know he ends up on the Rams and burns us on at least 1 crosser or sweep. Joking aside, he has enough physical ability at a low price tag to stay in the league a little while longer if he avoids further legal trouble. He'll latch on somewhere if it isn't in Seattle.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even realize during the game he got hurt. Read it after. Would be a total gut punch if this is another significant type injury, so let's not even talk about that right now.

This isn't a great sign...

If he gets cut, you know he ends up on the Rams and burns us on at least 1 crosser or sweep. Joking aside, he has enough physical ability at a low price tag to stay in the league a little while longer if he avoids further legal trouble. He'll latch on somewhere if it isn't in Seattle.

He'll get picked up by someone but his injury history makes it difficult to fill a roster spot with him. I would rather have Young or Winston.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregg Bell said this morning the starting defense played 12 snaps of this preseason and gave up a net 12y (including penalties).

You can't get much from that, but at least it wasn't a disaster.