• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PSU is tOSU trap game

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure PSU will bring the A-game as this will be their chance to play in the Big game. TOSU will put up a lot of points in this game after the close call with Iowa last week. No way its as close as some are saying. Prime time night game at the shoe. Bucks are going to roll big.

Bucks putting up 50 or 60 points in this game.

Don't know about 50 or 60. I can see about 38 as the low and 48 as being tops. I'll be happy with any win though.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crowd and the players will be pumped up for this game. Not many night games at the shoe. They will show up and play. I would be worried if we had a noon or 3:30 start. Bucks seem to be very sketchy in those early games.

I'm more worried about the Purdon't game.

I was more eyeballin' the Indiana game. They sling it around.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldnt call this a trap game.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn St's strength is their run defense, so I would expect tOSU has to throw it around quite a bit. I also like Penn States passing game, which tOSU has been playing poorly in the secondary. I really think this is going to be a closer game than most expect.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State was extremely lucky to beat Michigan. Homecoming at PSU with 108,000 in the stands with maybe 300 from Michigan. Gardner's receivers had boxing gloves on that evening and other than Gardner, Michigan had very little for a running game. Ohio State is a much better balanced team with excellent passing and running. I do not see Penn State's defense being able to handle that therefore, IMO, Ohio State wins by 20. Hope I'm wrong, but have to lead with my head....for a change.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn St's strength is their run defense, so I would expect tOSU has to throw it around quite a bit. I also like Penn States passing game, which tOSU has been playing poorly in the secondary. I really think this is going to be a closer game than most expect.

FML

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how they match up against tOSU this week, just not that its at the shoe. I put tOSU to win for low points in pick em. I think PSU has a 40% chance to pull this off. Any thoughts? PSU has had two weeks to prep I believe.

If it was in Happy Valley, I would agree wholeheartedly.

But, since it's a home game for Ohio State, I think they win similarly to the way they won vs Iowa. Close for the 1st half with Ohio State pulling away in the 2nd half.

Just my opinion, but the biggest "trap" game left on the schedule for Ohio State might be Indiana. We play them the week before Michigan and they have the type of offense that can put up a lot of points...especially if our secondary continues to play poorly.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think PSU and Wisconsin are similarly constructed with Wisconsin being better across the board.

Ohio State should win this one w/o much difficulty, but with our secondary it might make for nervous times...like the Iowa game.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hate watching our defense. Being back the 2010 defense please.

Why Urb thought it was a good idea to let Fuckell run the defense is beyond me.

Well, remember all the love Fickell got by the media and many OSU fans.....? "well, he did the best job hecould, with what he was handed." It seemed to me that many, not all, but many "patted him on the back and said, we aren't going to blame you"..........

About this year, if fickell doesn't clean up the defense, I think he'll be gone........ He still has plenty of games to redeem himself if he can get the defense up to par and look respectable. But if not, wouldn't be surprised at all if Urb shows him the door, and rightly so.......

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iowa's run D is better and anyone can throw against this OSU D. So really everyone is expecting it, but the question is how good can Penn St run the ball. OSU will wear down the defense it happens every game, but Penn St needs their run game so they are not one-dimensional.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason Meyer is the only major college football coach in NCAA history to have at least a 20 game winning streak with 3 or more teams. He knows how to get his teams to prepare ... for any opponent.

Trap game? No. Doesn't mean Ohio State can't play flat and lose ... but they won't be looking ahead.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell would this be a trap game?

The trap game will possibly be @ Purdue next week or Indiana before the Bucks play Michigan.

Penn State will get Ohio State's full attention, and they simply aren't good enough to beat them in the Shoe at night.

The only thing in question is whether Ohio State covers the 14 1/2. In the end, Penn State just doesn't have the horses, depth, or play-makers on offense to win this game.