• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prospects. 2019 edition.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve never seen him play yet but someone down there said he reminds him a lot John Olerud with his game. Obviously he’s not to the level Olerud was at that age but if that’s his upside with his overall game then that is solid.
Great D solid bat and he is athletic. Guy can run too, probably more of an athlete than Olerud but similar attributes Id say. Good defense and a bat that has pretty good potential.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great D solid bat and he is athletic. Guy can run too, probably more of an athlete than Olerud but similar attributes Id say. Good defense and a bat that has pretty good potential.

Like I said I don’t know cause I haven’t seen him up close, but if he is a line drive hitter I pray to god the analystic guys don’t get a hold of him with their stupid launch angle shit. IMO it is those dumb f*ers that have destroyed hitters against the shift.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Its fun to watch him in ST and I he is knocking at the door maybe 2020 he gets a shot in the majors. Good stuff.

One of the things I think of when looking at prospects is their eta to the majors and guys like Kelenic are still a long ways off.

Kelenic is a guy I believe could actually work through the minors pretty quickly. I think I saw a post somewhere saying the Mariners won't rush him, but he's a guy who has an incredible work ethic and physically he's already quite well developed.

Depending how he performs, he's a guy who could get a look in late 2020 with the possibility of cracking the roster in 2021 IMO.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said I don’t know cause I haven’t seen him up close, but if he is a line drive hitter I pray to god the analystic guys don’t get a hold of him with their stupid launch angle shit. IMO it is those dumb f*ers that have destroyed hitters against the shift.

To play Devil's Advocate I read somewhere that he made an adjustment to his swing based on his launch angle and it has resulted in him generating more power, for what it's worth.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To play Devil's Advocate I read somewhere that he made an adjustment to his swing based on his launch angle and it has resulted in him generating more power, for what it's worth.

I’m sure that’s fine, but power is overrated as hell IMO. I’d rather a guy have a higher BA and OBP than having more K’s and HR’s. Much like Olerud, but I’m just basing that off what my buddy said he reminded him of. We need less Adam Lind’s of the world and most well rounded hitters. But I also despise the whole launch angle stuff too though.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its exciting to finally have prospects to look forward to seeing their development. We had a few here and there like Dustin Ackley/Justin Smoak, Taijuan Walker/Mike Zunino etc but this is more in bulk, nobody has mentioned Logan Gilbert our 1st round pick last season

Logan got mono after the draft and did not
Start pitching at that time in the minors

So this year is the first we,..or any ratings
People will see of him in the minors

I would guess that he will be rated highly
But they want some track record first
I would say

Charlton the second round from the year before could be rated highly at some point as well..but after being drafted..had to have Tommy John
So we could start seeing him sometime this year as well

That is two good RHP for the future...they could use a LHp for the future..in the upcoming draft

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also some players not highly rated from last years draft to keep an eye on..imo
Bue branton..2b
Bobby honeyman..ss
Rodrigez..1b
Cal Raliegh..C/DH

The mariners bull pen guys are good at that lvl..low A

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan got mono after the draft and did not
Start pitching at that time in the minors

So this year is the first we,..or any ratings
People will see of him in the minors

I would guess that he will be rated highly
But they want some track record first
I would say

Charlton the second round from the year before could be rated highly at some point as well..but after being drafted..had to have Tommy John
So we could start seeing him sometime this year as well

That is two good RHP for the future...they could use a LHp for the future..in the upcoming draft

Sam Carlson? Yeah he did get some praise before he got hurt I read that they might shut him down for this season as well. He should be pitching as far as training but I read they do not plan on rushing back on the mound for live action. I hate to say it but after seeing what happened to Danny Hultzen I think this guys career might be in jeopardy