• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prospect Outfielders

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are stacking up like cordwood, with Eloy and Robert staking a claim to two of the three spots and - fingers crossed that Mazara wakes up and claims the third spot. In what order would you rate these OF prospects?

Blake Rutherford
Luis Gonzalez
Mick Adolfo
Luis Alexander Basabe

I rank them in this order:

Adolfo
Basabe
Rutherford
Gonzalez

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are stacking up like cordwood, with Eloy and Robert staking a claim to two of the three spots and - fingers crossed that Mazara wakes up and claims the third spot. In what order would you rate these OF prospects?

Blake Rutherford
Luis Gonzalez
Mick Adolfo
Luis Alexander Basabe

I rank them in this order:

Adolfo
Basabe
Rutherford
Gonzalez
Prior to his TJ surgery, Adolfo was considered without question to have the strongest arm in the organization. I've heard mixed reports as to whether it's back to full strength. We should get a good look at him this Spring, as well as the others on your list. I'd also like to see what Basabe can do.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect eloy to eventually move to dh/1st base

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect eloy to eventually move to dh/1st base
Maybe DH 4 or 5 years down the road, but no way in the immediate future, and no chance at all for him to take over 1b other than possibly spelling Andrew Vaughn every so often once he comes up. In the meantime we have Abreu & Grandal (when he's not catching) who will hold down 1b until Vaughn takes over the position. And for at least the next year, possibly two, we have Encarnacion at DH, as well as being able to handle occasional 1b duties. Then once Vaughn takes over 1b, Abreu shifts to the DH spot. I don't think we're going to see much of a dropoff offensively from Jose during his remaining contract, if any at all, and it wouldn't surprise me if he's still on the club even after his three year extension is over. I wouldn't bet on that, but it wouldn't shock me either.

I just don't see any realistic scenario of Eloy ever playing any position of regularity other than LF, maybe RF in a pinch. DH is of course a future possibility, but even that's going to take time for him to take it over as the regular. We just better hope for the immediate future that he continues to work on his glove/coverage and turn himself into a serviceable outfielder. Because we'll need his bat in the lineup as a starter.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eloy has is considerable short comings in the outfield, but he seems to have the attitude and pride to get better. I don't see why he can't get better defensively.