• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Props to Eli Manning

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Outside of that one pick he played amazingly today. Some of those passes were indefensible.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, his two TD passes were perfect. Glad he messed up and threw it a little too long at the end though, just out of reach.

NinersForLife

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, some amazing throws with a few head scratchers

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea he had some beautiful passes

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but his 2 Int's and especially the last one are the reason the Giants lost the game. The first one Tedd Ginn bailed him out on by giving it back to the Giants costing the 49ers at least 3 points. The last though really killed the Giants giving the 49ers a late 14 point lead. He may have played good but he also cost his team.

Eli played the way I figured he would against us. I was expecting some good passing numbers for him, but I expected we would end up winning off a costly mistake from him at some point.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but his 2 Int's and especially the last one are the reason the Giants lost the game. The first one Tedd Ginn bailed him out on by giving it back to the Giants costing the 49ers at least 3 points. The last though really killed the Giants giving the 49ers a late 14 point lead. He may have played good but he also cost his team.

Eli played the way I figured he would against us. I was expecting some good passing numbers for him, but I expected we would end up winning off a costly mistake from him at some point.

To be fair, one of those INTs wasn't exactly his fault. Manningham cut off the route, although I think Rogers might have still been in position for that INT.. just maybe Manningham could have prevented.

Although, he's lucky Goldson didn't get his 2nd foot down on the sideline, otherwise he would have had 3 INTs

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just glanced at the Giants ESPN board and I find it amusing how they are dimissing Manning's performance as average and still aren't impressed by our win.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's been playing like that ALL year long. Living in NY...I can vouch for Manning being a very good QB.

It still amazes me that some folks here would take Alex ahead of Eli. Just mind boggling.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been playing like that ALL year long. Living in NY...I can vouch for Manning being a very good QB.

It still amazes me that some folks here would take Alex ahead of Eli. Just mind boggling.

True, true. Eli has proven more than Alex has - so what I'm about to say has to be taken with a grain of salt. If Alex had been the one with the pass batted down and he lost, people would say Alex can't do it, always comes up short. So when it comes to this game alone, I'll give him props for doing what Eli usually does and that, to me, makes it less amazing that a few people would take Alex over Eli. I think as the season goes on and Alex's is proving more, it's getting less amazing and more debateable. Alex hasn't won yet and may never do so and in the end, it may or may not be close, but we're winning and he's taking steps forward.

I'd choose Alex over Eli because I want the good story, root for the underdog, he's grown on me, and I'm a Utah fan. So I recognize I'm a little biased. I grew up a 49er fan and when Alex was picked it was great for me because I didn't have to split loyalty. But strictly on the past, I'd pick Eli, though I'm not ready to concede that Smith will never get there.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that this has anything to do with anything. But to me the Giants have an elite trio of WRs. I'm fucking jealous.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker/Davis/Edwards/Crabtree is as good as the Giants receiving corp IMO.

Walker and Davis are TEs. Edwards/Crabtree/Ginn < Nicks/Manningham/Cruz

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Real talk Sick! Yes Nicks is a beast...but still, I would rather have our group of wrs/tes than what the Giants currently have.

Ted Ginn has better hands than Mario Manningham. Victor Cruz got sh8tty hands too.

In Manningham and Cruz you have a late round pick and an undrafted bum that Eli is making out to be this 'special' player. Ballard a rookie, didn't even know much about the kid and you know I follow the draft like no other...

We on the other hand have 4 former first round picks at the WR/TE positions at our disposal. Alex has better or just as good as targets to play around with than Manning.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Walker and Davis are TEs. Edwards/Crabtree/Ginn < Nicks/Manningham/Cruz

Those guys are slouches man. Seriously. One dimensional players (Manning and Gilbride know how to scheme and use them efficiently). Same way that Walker is being utilized with San Fran...

Overall Kellen Winslow > Delanie Walker. but you can't see that based on how we utilized the players. Aint no way you're going to convince me that Manningham or Cruz is better than Crabtree. Nooo way!!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the NFL not Texas Tech. Crabs is not what you thought he was. Stop living in the past.

This is a what have you done for me lately league and Nicks/Cruz/Manningham shit on what we have. No contest.