• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PROPOSED MLB RULE CHANGE

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think there needs to be a drastic switch in how pitchers are brought up and developed, I don’t think this is the answer.

Right now, MLB is going down the path of having two pitchers go 3 innings each, and then finish up with your high leverage relievers.

There are a lot of UCL injuries right now, and I think it would be beneficial for MLB to take a look at players who never had those issues, or haven’t to this point. Greinke, Kershaw are two examples as a starter, and I think Aroldis Chapman, long one of the players able to ramp up his fastball, are players who need to be studied.

But right now, things aren’t going to change, and will only get multiple times worse if this rule is able to pass.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This is a fantastic idea!" --gambling addicts

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think there needs to be a drastic switch in how pitchers are brought up and developed, I don’t think this is the answer.

Right now, MLB is going down the path of having two pitchers go 3 innings each, and then finish up with your high leverage relievers.

There are a lot of UCL injuries right now, and I think it would be beneficial for MLB to take a look at players who never had those issues, or haven’t to this point. Greinke, Kershaw are two examples as a starter, and I think Aroldis Chapman, long one of the players able to ramp up his fastball, are players who need to be studied.

But right now, things aren’t going to change, and will only get multiple times worse if this rule is able to pass.

I'm not really following so it would be beneficial injury wise for pitchers to stay on the mound until the 6th inning?

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really following so it would be beneficial injury wise for pitchers to stay on the mound until the 6th inning?
It would benefit from MLB and MLBPA to study the careers of players who have not had TJ. Greike, Kershaw and Chapman were three who stood out to me, and Aroldis is still throwing with high velocity.