• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prongs skating

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...as we all know, yesterday was only step 1 of many, so I'm just going to remain cautiously optimistic for now.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...as we all know, yesterday was only step 1 of many, so I'm just going to remain cautiously optimistic for now.

Fair enough. You have to admit though that if Pronger says he'll be ready for the first game, you have to admit he's going to do whatever it takes to be ready for game one. this guy has to be one of the hardest working and determined players in the NHL. I know some Flyers fans on here wish Pronger wasn't here. I to this day am still happy to have him playing in orange and black.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Without a doubt. I love what he brings to this team/organization also.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he is truly 100% then I'm all for him playing in the opener, but even if it took an extra month to know we'd have him healthy for a playoff run is where my concerns lie.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pronger is skating, but Crosby was too. Ill go with what Tox said.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the differences being Pronger doesn't experience headaches at 90% exertion and won't be out of action for most of the season.

Very true. Would not be surprised if Crosby misses the majority of the season.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
surprised awaz decided not to chime in on this one....

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. Would not be surprised if Crosby misses the majority of the season.

I sure as hell won't be drafting him in any fantasy leagues, no matter the round...lol I've been forced to draft him too many times in the past anyway, so this will be a welcome change.

And I do expect Pronger to have a bounce back season much like he did in '09-'10, if not better. His injuries last season were predominantly a fluke. He's been a very healthy, reliable defenseman over the past 7 seasons and that will get back on track this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure as hell won't be drafting him in any fantasy leagues, no matter the round...lol I've been forced to draft him too many times in the past anyway, so this will be a welcome change.

And I do expect Pronger to have a bounce back season much like he did in '09-'10, if not better. His injuries last season were predominantly a fluke. He's been a very healthy, reliable defenseman over the past 7 seasons and that will get back on track this season.

I've never had the chance to draft Crosby. One of two things happen. I either pick somewhere between 10 or 12, like last year my internet was out due to a storm. So I got autodrafted & stuck with garbage for the most part. I did get Pronger last year though. Too bad he couldn't stay healthy.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never had the chance to draft Crosby. One of two things happen. I either pick somewhere between 10 or 12, like last year my internet was out due to a storm. So I got autodrafted & stuck with garbage for the most part. I did get Pronger last year though. Too bad he couldn't stay healthy.

I just remember having the top pick one year and the second overall pick another year. I was about forced to take Crosby both times. His numbers were too high across the board to take someone else. I won't miss the little shit and still feel like there's a 50/50 chance that he misses the entire season and/or has to retire. When you've got headaches a full 8 months after you've sustained one or more concussions, that is serious business, just ask Keith Primeau.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remember having the top pick one year and the second overall pick another year. I was about forced to take Crosby both times. His numbers were too high across the board to take someone else. I won't miss the little shit and still feel like there's a 50/50 chance that he misses the entire season and/or has to retire. When you've got headaches a full 8 months after you've sustained one or more concussions, that is serious business, just ask Keith Primeau.

Isles prospect Rhett Rakhshani got a concussion last night in a rookie game against Boston. He's out indefinately. It's the first of his career. We just don't know how serious concussions are because players always just played through them before after getting smelling salts.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isles prospect Rhett Rakhshani got a concussion last night in a rookie game against Boston. He's out indefinately. It's the first of his career. We just don't know how serious concussions are because players always just played through them before after getting smelling salts.

It's a different world now. Crosby will not be back if the headaches and all other symptoms never entirely subside. Even when or if they do, he may not be quite the same player he was. Let's say his rehab goes great, everything checks out and he comes back after the all-star break, then dominates the league for the remainder of the season. That does not change the fact that one big hit in the playoffs could end his career. He'll just be that much more susceptible whether he (or anyone else) likes it or not.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a different world now. Crosby will not be back if the headaches and all other symptoms never entirely subside. Even when or if they do, he may not be quite the same player he was. Let's say his rehab goes great, everything checks out and he comes back after the all-star break, then dominates the league for the remainder of the season. That does not change the fact that one big hit in the playoffs could end his career. He'll just be that much more susceptible whether he (or anyone else) likes it or not.

I think whenever he comes back he'll be a target just like Marc Savard was.