• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Progress on deal w/Bledsoe

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj and Spears already reported it last night and it was confirmed by Coro, but here's the latest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Suns added an extra year and an extra 2 million per year to their original 4 year 48 million dollar offer.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the deal. People are going to say that the Suns caved, but they've were stating for the past couple of months that they were willing to up their initial offer as long as Bledsoe was willing to negotiate. The extra year is the only thing that surprised me.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping we could get him for around 5/60-65 but this deal is not that bad. Hopefully it leaves us with enough room to reward drago after this season. Finally, we can move past all this and just focus on basketball.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New TV coming in and cap goes up. Re-signing Goran will be pretty easy and we'll have lots of room left.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we kept him. I don't follow contracts all too closely, does anyone know how this affects Dragic next year?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we kept him. I don't follow contracts all too closely, does anyone know how this affects Dragic next year?

It doesn't. They have plenty of cap space left to re-sign him to an even bigger deal than Bledsoe got AND bring back the Morris twins.

The only person I think it impacts is Gerald Green, who becomes a FA after this season. He could be gone this summer.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't. They have plenty of cap space left to re-sign him to an even bigger deal than Bledsoe got AND bring back the Morris twins.

The only person I think it impacts is Gerald Green, who becomes a FA after this season. He could be gone this summer.

Word. I like Green. Hopefully we can keep him as well.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gerald green definitely won't be back after this season. With Zoran(if the rumors are true), Archie, & Isiah all vying for SG minutes, there will be no room for him. I expect he will also be looking at a hefty raise over the $3.5 mil he will make this season if he duplicates what he did last season.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gerald green definitely won't be back after this season. With Zoran(if the rumors are true), Archie, & Isiah all vying for SG minutes, there will be no room for him. I expect he will also be looking at a hefty raise over the $3.5 mil he will make this season if he duplicates what he did last season.

Personally I think green is worth more than zoran, and all the other guards not named Dragic or Bledsoe. He brings us excitement and to be honest national recognition. Green is the best in game dunker in the league. Don't deny that.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green keeps us on espn. Which is a big deal.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green is trade bait.

^^This.

He is a highlight reel. But he can shoot you out games as often as he can go en fuego. And his def & mental lapses are mindbogglingly sometimes. Great player if he is 'on', but a liability if he is having an 'off' night. He might be more valuable this season because we only need to use him in short stretches & if he is 'off' that night, we have players who can play those minutes.

Hopefully he plays at a high level to start the season & a fringe team needing scoring boost gives us a pick for him.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green is such a perfect fit for our team. But Davis is right... unless we trade a PG or Goodwin then he's as good as gone. I expect a team desperate for offense to offer him a deal we won't want to match.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^This.

He is a highlight reel. But he can shoot you out games as often as he can go en fuego. And his def & mental lapses are mindbogglingly sometimes. Great player if he is 'on', but a liability if he is having an 'off' night. He might be more valuable this season because we only need to use him in short stretches & if he is 'off' that night, we have players who can play those minutes.

Hopefully he plays at a high level to start the season & a fringe team needing scoring boost gives us a pick for him.

... which fits the profile of a reserve. You bring him in; if he's hot, you play him a lot; if he's not, you reduce his time.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could definitely see Green leaving as a free agent next summer. As for a trade, it's possible, but I would only do it for the right big man. Green is the perfect player to run with multiple quick ball-handling guards and feast off the easy, open opportunities that they can create both at the rim and behind the arc. His offense can put the Suns over the top in a handful of games that could make the difference in the playoff race, and the Suns can minimize his weaknesses by bringing him off the bench. Plus, his presence creates depth in case of injury.

As for Bledsoe, his strategy basically worked. He held out for a long time and received a deal much closer to what he wanted. That said, he is an important player and keeping him creates positive karma.