• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pro bowlers - 9 49ers selected

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC with five pro-bowlers? On paper that means Alex should favor going there. Just kidding. But 5 is a lot for that team, achieving so little. Yes, I know... I mentioned Alex again.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Of every safety who has played 50% of his team's defensive snaps, he has the worst tackle against the run efficiency rating in the NFL. He's 5th worst in the same tackling category against the pass. If you combine those two numbers, he's the worst.

He's in the upper half of the league for most targeted, upper half (worst) for most attempts against as the primary man in coverage, upper half (worst) for most successful attempts against as the primary man in coverage, and upper half (worst) for most receptions primarily responsible for while in coverage.

Common fan numbers your thing? As far as JUST safeties go. He's not in the top 40 for tackles, he's tied for 3rd worst for missed tackles, is only 25th in the entire NFL for stopping a player when he has reasonable opportunity to do so (including sack plays), isn't in the top 60 in catch percentage, isn't in the top 60 in yards into his coverage area allowed (51 yards more to qualifying for 60th), is outside the top 10 in INTs, and is tied for 62nd in passes defensed.

I don't get it, but that's just me.

Hmmm....interesting stats and good use of evidence there. I didn't realize he was that poor in numerous categories. Guess he is just making it on being a popular name.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Coaches and Players got the Fullback for the NFC right this year, in what might be the final year of the Pro Bowl. Shocking to actually send a guy who is opening up holes for the best RB in the NFC, instead of voting for some worthless douche who does absolutely nothing and could be replaced by any backup FB in the NFL. Yep, I mean that loser Kuhn.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Including 5 defensive starters! I bet the Seahawks cracked up when they saw that.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
for fan voting, everyone knows it is a popularity contest. it is name recognition, reputation that keeps some players stringing along.

but doesn't this also apply - albeit to a lesser extent - to players and Coaches?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
...Including 5 defensive starters! I bet the Seahawks cracked up when they saw that.

And they would look fairly foolish for doing so like many players do when they advocate for one of "their boys" to be on the team. The only questionable defensive starter you could make a case against starting or even being named to the team is Donte Whitner.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Justin Smith targeting return for playoffs | 49ers Hot Read

– Third-year offensive tackle Anthony Davis is having what some view as a Pro Bowl-caliber season for the 49ers. As it turned out, fans, players and coaches overlooked all right offensive tackles in the voting for this year’s NFC Pro Bowl team.

The three offensive tackles selected to the NFC squad – Joe Staley, Russell Okung and Trent Williams – all play on the left side.

“That’s how the game is right now,”Davissaid. “If I stay at right tackle, I’ll change it. I have to because this year, you saw what happened.”

Fortunately for the 49ers, voters recognized the play of their offensive line and selected Staley and left guard Mike Iupati.

Iupati said he and his teammates expectedDavisto be selected, too.

“We were all shocked,” Iupati said. “He’s had a great year. That definitely caught us by surprise. I guess they think all the athletic guys play on the left side, but the guys on the right side have to block the elite pass rushers, too.”

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they would look fairly foolish for doing so like many players do when they advocate for one of "their boys" to be on the team. The only questionable defensive starter you could make a case against starting or even being named to the team is Donte Whitner.

Oh, I'm glad each one of them is on the team, I just thought the Seahawks were probably saying "Geez, we dominated these guys to the point of intimidation and they are voted best in the league?"