• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

prisco's review of coaches film

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"""The ability of the front to get pressure, and the lack of speed outside for the 49ers receivers, led to a lot of eight- and sometimes nine-man fronts for the Panthers. The 49ers, at times, tried to run into them without success, although Frank Gore did have two good runs against eight-man fronts in the first half when linebacker Thomas Davis allowed himself to get blocked in the hole.

Other than those two runs, and another 11-yard run on a draw play, the 49ers saw their potent run game choked off for the most part.

That put it into Kaepernick's hands, and he seemed perplexed by the many looks the Panthers threw his way
.""

Unfortunately this will be the blueprint for beating the 49ers for every team they play from now on.

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately this will be the blueprint for beating the 49ers for every team they play from now on.

Not every team they are going to play has a front 7 or even d line like the Panthers that can shut it down like that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not every team they are going to play has a front 7 or even d line like the Panthers that can shut it down like that.

Agreed. And that may be our saving grace as far as making the playoffs but none of those teams will make the playoffs so that won't help should we get there.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed. And that may be our saving grace as far as making the playoffs but none of those teams will make the playoffs so that won't help should we get there.

None of what teams? Teams with a front seven that isn't as good as the Panthers'? That's most teams, playoff caliber or not. The only teams even in the discussion with the Panthers as far as the front seven goes are the Niners, the Hawks, and the Chiefs. And I think there are serious questions about the Hawks' front seven these days, and the Niners' until Aldon settles back in.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of what teams? Teams with a front seven that isn't as good as the Panthers'? That's most teams, playoff caliber or not. The only teams even in the discussion with the Panthers as far as the front seven goes are the Niners, the Hawks, and the Chiefs. And I think there are serious questions about the Hawks' front seven these days, and the Niners' until Aldon settles back in.

The teams who can't pressure the offense with their front sevens. No team that cannot do that will make the playoffs. They don't have to be "in the discussion" with the Panthers front seven, just good enough that they can pressure the QB, and stack the box against the run.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The teams who can't pressure the offense with their front sevens. No team that cannot do that will make the playoffs. They don't have to be "in the discussion" with the Panthers front seven, just good enough that they can pressure the QB, and stack the box against the run.

It all depends on how the NFC East comes down to.. All the teams in that division seemed to have problems getting to the QB. One of those teams will win the division and will be in the playoffs

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on how the NFC East comes down to.. All the teams in that division seemed to have problems getting to the QB. One of those teams will win the division and will be in the playoffs

As the sixth seed, which is probably the best that we can hope for at this point, will we get to play one of those teams though? I'd think we'd play the number three seed which I think will be the Lions and their front four will definitely put the fear of god into Kaepernick.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As the sixth seed, which is probably the best that we can hope for at this point, will we get to play one of those teams though? I'd think we'd play the number three seed which I think will be the Lions and their front four will definitely put the fear of god into Kaepernick.

Don't count the Packers out just yet... Rodgers will not be out all season...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The Saints can't do both those things. The Cowboys can't either. They're both leading their divisions.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The packers are done IMO.

The next two games are very winnable, even with Tolzien. Hell, three of their next four opponents have combined for seven wins. If Rodgers was going to miss any span, this is the one to do it. And he should be back in time to face the Cowboys and Steelers.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints can't do both those things. The Cowboys can't either. They're both leading their divisions.

Don't let the pundits fool you about the Saints defense. Watch on Sunday how fast those guys are even without Vacarro. And I have not seen a front seven this year pursue the way the Cowboys do. I hate to admit it but those guys on that front seven hustle! They just have too many injuries and that is why they are only a .500 team.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next two games are very winnable, even with Tolzien. Hell, three of their next four opponents have combined for seven wins. If Rodgers was going to miss any span, this is the one to do it. And he should be back in time to face the Cowboys and Steelers.

I like the Lions in that division. Who knows when Rodgers will be back and what kind of shape he'll be in when he does.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't let the pundits fool you about the Saints defense. Watch on Sunday how fast those guys are even without Vacarro. And I have not seen a front seven this year pursue the way the Cowboys do. I hate to admit it but those guys on that front seven hustle! They just have too many injuries and that is why they are only a .500 team.

The Saints have a good pass D, but their run D is suspect. Hopefully we capitalize on that this week. The Cowboys have some good players, but I don't have much faith in their unit as a whole. And they are much worse without Sean Lee.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like the Lions in that division. Who knows when Rodgers will be back and what kind of shape he'll be in when he does.

You've got to think the Lions are the favorites now, but if GB can even go 2-2 through the next four, they're in ok shape. With Rodgers, they should be favored in the last three games. That November 28 game between the two could be very important. And without Rodgers, I've got to think the Lions will win it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Frustrating to see the shot of the play where Davis got concussed. Boldin was wide open in the endzone, with Manningham also open. Could have had seven and not seen Davis go down with the injury if Kap made a relatively easy read.

Though looking at this shot closer, I think Kap has already thrown the ball, which would explain why the entire Carolina D is converging on Davis. Even so, it looks like Boldin would have been open for an easy TD.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nice article. There was plenty of justified criticism of Kap, but there is plenty of blame on the receivers and the coaching as well. Niners are slow and too Gore-centric. The defenses have almost zero worry of being burned by a big play. The poor play and poor talent and poor design of the pass game is very very worrisome. They need to get someone who understands receiving talent, how to find it and how to use it. Didn't the Niners shock the Bears in Kap's first start last year with a lot of downfield passes?

His receivers don't scare defenses. The Panthers were able to use a lot of blitz looks up front because they didn't worry about the receivers winning down the field. Anquan Boldin is little more than a possession receiver. And they don't help the quarterback when he is blitzed. Here's a look at a play with a blitz in his face and Kaepernick's receivers don't run hot or turn around. They were open to make plays if they did. Instead, he was sacked.

The team is still way too run-oriented. Yes, they are good at it. But when you see so many loaded-up fronts, shouldn't that be when the quarterback takes a shot? Here's a pre-snap look at a play from last week's game. Think the 49ers checked to a pass against that look? Nope. Ran right into it. That's a problem.

It's up to the 49ers to make it easier on Kaepernick as a passer. If they keep doing things the same way, he will never develop into the passer they expect him to become. The kid has talent. Let him use it -- and not merely with his legs. Pound, pound, pound might be good for the old-school guys, but it doesn't win anymore.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The AJ Jenkins miss is a pretty serious blow. Think about how much better this offense could be with a TY Hilton or Chris Givens. That's the sort of player we desperately need.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints have a good pass D, but their run D is suspect. Hopefully we capitalize on that this week. The Cowboys have some good players, but I don't have much faith in their unit as a whole. And they are much worse without Sean Lee.

What I fear though is that since we have the league's worst pass offense and depend on the running game that the Saints will try to use their good pass defense to cover one on one with our receivers and stack the box with 8 and 9 men to stop the run. With that many in the box, just about any NFL team can stop the run. Our passing game, especially if Davis does not play, is that big of a liability.